Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

A Must Read To Motivate The Mind. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Must Read To Motivate The Mind. (384 Views)

Song To Motivate You When You Are Discouraged / Inspirational Quotes To Motivate You / How To Motivate Our Super Eagle Boys (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read To Motivate The Mind. by gbobele: 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
In solicitude I had engaged my thought in an inspiring subject, which seems monotonous at the infant stage of it. But since surrendering to a course I have by myself started would have me regret that I hadn't lived the life of a man, I jerkily moved side by side with the subject to see what the end offers.

You might have anticipated something rare that deserves a column in an academic journal, no, what I present to you today is "Failing to plan for tomorrow".

Well, before we proceed to the main discourse let's refresh our memories with thought provoking quotes from at least, two geniuses in the world we have come so far to admire for what they stand for.

A goal without a plan is just a wish.
---Antoine de Saint.Exupéry

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
--Benjamin Franklin

Before I forget, let me quickly share with us the meaning of planning. Of course, you need not to protest that I am doing too much recapping because you already know what planning means. I had only intended to share this meaning, so no one would lose track of the subject ( Failing to plan tomorrow) or go out of its context.

Now in short, planning is a drawing board on which you sketch the future---how your tomorrow would turn out. This makes you an architect of your future. So, if you had colourfully painted on the board, then colourfully your future appears.

*Although the reverse is the case when the board is left blank or made to host a careless drawing.

Anyways, as not to incur the wrath of taking too much of your time,I would indulge you to pay a careful attention to my discoveries after investing so much time in liasing​ with my flexible mind on this subject of failing to plan.

*Discoveries*

*One who fails to plan is bound to remain poor and accuse the government for his low life status*

*He becomes​ a critique of wealthy people; everything about them offends him*

*He attends all the miracle programs of different churches, yet still remains poor*

*There is always a tendency for him to call his grandparents witches and wizards*

*He becomes a certified dream killer since he dreams, but can't set a strategic plan to achieve it*

*He turns out to be a renowned procastinator*

*He is the last to be contacted in the family for a function*

*He becomes a burden to his friends who are focused and ready to change the world with their dreams*

*He threatens to deal with his uncles who had refused to give him money because of how prodigal he is*

*He talks of wishes wishes but run from the stress of bringing them to life.*

* *He turns into a slave to those who give him peanut.*

*He is fond of reciting " my time will come" even when he is above 50 and has no plan, thinking life is about luck.*

*He gradually grows into a human with low self- esteem​*

In conclusion, don't get it wrong by thinking the writer is indispensable to the plague of failing to plan. He had only written from the perspective of a ghost expert, as to remind himself and others of the dangers of not planning towards tomorrow.

By Mark Godswill

(1) (Reply)

See The Homage List A Community In Portharcourt Sent To A Company / OYSOWA WEEK '17: Celebrating Resilient Women Of Oyo State - Mrs V.A Samson / Pentagon Ran Secret Multi-million Dollar UFO Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.