Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,840 members, 7,838,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name (25292 Views)

Appeal Court Okays APC's Direct Primary, Strikes Out Restraining Order / Court Discharges Ex-IGP Sunday Ehindero Of N16.4m Fraud Charge / Photos Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Jewelry, Gold Iphone Forfeited To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by refreshrate: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
kynbasil01:
cocorruption is not fought on pages of news paper nor by propaganda and blackmail. .. bring your facts and you will win cases...i don't know when people like you will get sense

At the end of infinity + 1 day I guess
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by 1shortblackboy: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
Tinie:
EFCC need to learn how to get their evidence together quietly and prosecute properly. Look at how the IRS got Capone, back in the 1930s!, without him even knowing he was being investigated. Thats what we need to do here! Not fighting corruption for politics but fighting corruption for the greater good. They will find money, post videos to the whole nation to gain political points meanwhile the perpetrators would have wiped all evidence linking them or disappeared.

Kola Aluko is in his yacht missing somewhere in the Mediterranean, most of our wanted criminals are out of reach not because of an insiders tip off but from the front of our national newspapers. Its embarrassing!

I dont even want to talk about how Evans would have been set free and paid substantially if we were in a country with a decent judiciary. Put your case together before making noise, if not criminals will find a loophole.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by cooltola(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
Someone don give Oga Judge some egunje, I am not surprise. This is Nigeria not Europe, not America where 419 rule the day . EFCC is just a witch-hunt tool to attack PDP members because APC is in power. When PDP/ whomever is in power, the APC members watch out. The untouchable politicians that EFCC cannot probe are ex-Presidents and President Buhari.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by suremanpatriot: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
Just a drop in the ocean! Wht of other charges.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by musicwriter(m): 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2017
If that woman stole money, she would have been in jail already in the UK, like James Ibori. The Nigeria government didn't even need do anything else.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by clems88(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
menstrualpad:

Means you are doomed!
you are a coward for stepping on my mention .
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by menstrualpad: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
clems88:
you are a coward for stepping on my mention .

Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by UnchangeableGod: 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
Omeokachie:
Phitting kwarraptian through media trial (without due diligence and proper investigation) will always get your case thrown out.

The courts will rule on the basis of evidence presented before them, and not on who's got the loudest voice on the pages of newspapers.

Hmmmmmmm!
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by UnchangeableGod: 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
ubergold:

You are asking the wrong questions. The case was struck off because they were mere accusations. Your question should be when will we have a government that is honest in its fight against curruption?
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by freshboi88: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
menstrualpad:

Shame on you. So you want judges to manufacture evidence against accused persons?

Yeah as if there wasn't enough evidence to nail ibori and yet cleared him of corrupt practices...I always knew one fooooolllll would quote me........
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by menstrualpad: 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
freshboi88:

Yeah as if there wasn't enough evidence to nail ibori and yet cleared him of corrupt practices...I always knew one fooooolllll would quote me........
Menstrual blood enter your throat.... Did Waziri present the "evidences"?
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by freshboi88: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
menstrualpad:

Menstrual blood enter your throat.... Did Waziri present the "evidences"?

I dnt drags issues with nitwits.....so get d f out
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by menstrualpad: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
freshboi88:

I dnt drags issues with nitwits.....so get d f out
Too early for blubbering... Now focus on the topic of discussion.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by deomelo: 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
dustmalik:

This is why the Buhari led government has been advocating for the creation of special courts for corruption cases, and i'm glad that recently, even the CJN himself agreed it would be the best solution to the fight against corruption.

Sadly for Nigerians, you are wrong because the issue with corruption in Nigeria and jailing corrupt people has nothing to do with the brand or type of courts you create but the judiciary as an institution.

You can create all the special courts you want, but can not change the people and occupants of the courts and even if you are not corrupt, corrupt people have more than enough and influence to corrupt you.

While we shout APC/PDP and bother ourselves with tribe and religion, corrupt public officials in Nigeria are very much united when it comes to corruption and they'll do anything to fight back regardless of their tribe or religion, they are all united against the rest of the country, they are all friend and you even see Muslim, Christian APC and PDP public officials laughing, enjoying themselves and doing padi padi at private and public functions. They know how to bribe and corrupt the judiciary to get favorable decisions regardless of their tribe or political party.

As a society, until we rise up and fight them and demand accountability, we are not going anywhere. We spend all out time shouting APC/PDP, doing tribalism and religion while the crooked politicians keep flying under the radar to use us and capitalize on out division and cluelessness.

How do you explain Nigeria as one of the most corrupt countries in the world, but our jails doesn't have have corrupt people.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by freshboi88: 5:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
menstrualpad:

Too early for blubbering... Now focus on the topic of discussion.

See painment!!!!!
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by gaskiyamagana: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2017
taylor88:
If likes of Amaechi and tinubu are free roaming the street

Then she's innocent
Write something sensible.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by menstrualpad: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
freshboi88:

See painment!!!!!

Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by manuelzz(m): 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
olawalepopoola:
When will Nigeria change when our judiciary support corruption and corrupt leaders
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by bkool7(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
taylor88:
If likes of Amaechi and tinubu are free roaming the street

Then she's innocent

Just like Evans is innocent ba?
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by Pludo: 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
bkool7:

Just like Evans is innocent ba?
I hear
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by larrybee2017(f): 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2017
kynbasil01:
cocorruption is not fought on pages of news paper nor by propaganda and blackmail. .. bring your facts and you will win cases...i don't know when people like you will get sense
The day we all realise that the only fool in Nigeria now are the electorate the better. Let this government stop being childish by thinking they can fool everyone. Charge her to court and let the court decide her fate. I don tire for all their nonsense
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by KanwuliaExtra: 12:26am On Sep 21, 2017
One female wins in Nigeria. Hallelujah!!!!
Go and catch OBJ and IBB first.

Rubbbbbbbbish!!!!! kiss
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by adimsmt: 3:16am On Sep 21, 2017
Islie:

Details soon .

http://punchng.com/breaking-court-grants-diezanis-prayer-strikes-out-fraud-charge-having-ex-ministers-name/

We Nigerians rush to condemn our judges but forget that cases in courts are all about evidence. Until we stop convicting people on the pages of newspapers. That doesn't mean she is innocent, just because they want to score political point they forget evidence and the boggle cases and defendants always win on technicalities. And then we blame judges or tag them corrupt but in reality, they did their job well.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by hensley059: 7:05am On Sep 21, 2017
dustmalik:

This is why the Buhari led government has been advocating for the creation of special courts for corruption cases, and i'm glad that recently, even the CJN himself agreed it would be the best solution to the fight against corruption.

And they would be presided over by angels??
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by BERNIMOORE: 9:06am On Sep 21, 2017
BCISLTD:
sad I don't understand..what fair hearing again ..isn't that what they are in court to hear.....
No, fair hearing begins With EFCC'S Own Act and process;

''That EFCC jumped their own process(that demands that accused persons should be faced with their charges and should be given time to defend theirself) or to Approach her lawyers to defend herself first with the EFCC...... before going further to file a suit against her. 'its an important process that is very fatal to any EFCC cases, yet they deliberately jump it because they feel that the accused will quickly get prepared and block evidencies before they finally go to the court.

in case you dont Know:

The same also applies to CCB, Tinubu and Saraki cases were struck out because 'CCB failed to approach them first and face them with their allegations as demanded by the CCB' own act before filing charges. EFCC wrongly assume the role of CCB by filling charges at the CCT against Saraki, And during the Trial it proved fatal to the case when EFCC lawyer jacobs was disowned by the EFCC theirself in order to cover-up up thier wrong assumption of CCB'S role, Saraki's Lawyers mostly SANS just applied for a ''NO CASE'' submission

puhh! it was strucked out! so pls, leave-out Judges who are following due-process as demanded by the judiciary but blame incopetent EFCC.

MAGU is incopetent and politically motivated.
Re: Court Grants Diezani’s Prayer, Strikes Out Fraud Charge Having Her Name by Gamesmart: 8:28am On Sep 22, 2017
While idiots are rejoicing or feeling vindicated that their crook cannot be successfully prosecuted on this thread, this is the real reason why the case was struck off.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/09/21/efcc-blocks-ex-minister-alison-maduekes-offer-return-nigeria-trial

It was to stop Madueke from trying to run away from London under the pretext she has a case in Nigeria to answer for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Woos Chinese Investors With Corn And Coconuts (photos) / Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed / Amaechi Received By Friends At Port-harcourt Airport. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.