Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried (30952 Views)

Burial Photos Of Corper Who Drowned In Bayelsa Boat Accident; Friends Mourn / Yusuf Buhari Receives NYSC Certificate Despite Not Completing His Service Year? / Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
cardinalstar091:

he is d most qualified to b there. abi na ur burial?

Lol
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by muller101(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
What is life jacket?
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by mctfopt: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
RIP young one. How much is life vest that most boats here don't have it? Because of this I made a check online and found it it sells for less than $20 (shipping fees inclusive). Going by GTB's crazy exchange rate of N375 per $, that is N7500. Is a human life not worth N7500 in this my country called Nigeria? This is not the first time someone drowns because of lack of life vest.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by ufuosman(m): 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
RIP
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by mctfopt: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
muller101:
What is life jacket?

A vest worn to stay afloat in the event of a capsize. Like this image you see.

Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by muller101(m): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
mctfopt:

A vest worn to stay afloat in the event of a capsize. Like this image you see.

so it's a VEST not JACKET then.

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by mctfopt: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
muller101:
so it's a VEST not JACKET then.

A personal flotation device (abbreviated as PFD; also referred to as a life jacket, life preserver, life belt, Mae West, life vest, life saver, cork jacket, buoyancy aid or flotation suit) is a piece of equipment designed to assist a wearer to keep afloat in water. The wearer may be either conscious or unconscious.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by openmine(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
Sad about the loss....a very important lesson to everyone travelling through the same means of transportation esp corpers....ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET....IF YOU ARE NOT PROVIDED WITH ONE,GET ONE FOR YOURSELF....THIS LIFE IS TOO DELICATE AND PRECIOUS TO THROWAWAY DUE TO NEGLIGENCE!!
RIP!
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by jayloms: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
Very sad. God rest his soul
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by Axis313(m): 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
GreenMavro:
This is why I just hate Nigerian Movies �‍♂�‍♂�‍♂

The # Nollywood movie am watching right now, A dead guy appeared on his funeral day to attack the guy that killed him but he did not see him, so he (the ghost) decided to sit and wait for him. And do u know what??
The women sharing the jollof rice at the funeral served him too and he is eating... �‍♂�‍♂�‍♂�‍♂
And it is only in Nollywood movies a ghost will look right and left before crossing road.

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by dapiluv: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Rest In Peace .
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by Airoflaw(m): 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
RIP..Bro..
most corpers are provided with life jacket when posted to place like dis but some sell their for money
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by Sirlegendy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
Shaii I suspect his village people oo..

[url=http://www.legendbaze.com.ng/search/label/Tech%20And%20Tutorials?&max-results=7]Tech Speaks More Than All[/url]
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by ofuonyebi: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is both terrible and painful loss..

And this is why I have suggested an emergency National prayer meeting to pray against this

re-occurring sudden death of our coppers and no one is taking it serious because the son or daughter of

a governo, senator, minister or president etc has not falling a victim?...our corporate prayers can stop this heartbreaks...
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by mamajaz(f): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
fpeter:
Why do people go swimming when they know they don't know how to swim?
Goan read it, then come back and edit your post.

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by zoogy2007: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2017
I have been to these water sides, especially in Rivers state, and I see them handing out life vests before any boat movement. How this kind of tragedy continues to happen baffles me. We all need to realize that it is our duty to follow all safety regulations because we are ultimately responsible for our lives. RIP to the dead.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by habtund(f): 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Rip bro embarassed
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by iamjavadem(m): 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
kenbee:
What a tragic way to die for a conscienceless nation like Nigeria!
IPOB morons always look for every opportunity to insult Nigeria. Fool.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by jtjohn(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
fpeter:
Go back and read again......According to his friend Nelson Arebanmhen, who posted the photos, the boat he was TRAVELING in capsized. He drowned because he was not wearing a life jacket. There is no mention of where the incident occurred.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by mojeedajao2017: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
RIP fellow corp member.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by wakpo77: 1:00am On Sep 21, 2017
It happened in bayelsa...may God give his family strenght at this time
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by francisMKD(m): 5:10am On Sep 21, 2017
See wetin we corpers dey suffer because of meger #19,800....chai...i wail for Nigeria....live from Rivers state...
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by Pat081: 7:31am On Sep 21, 2017
fpeter:
sorry is ur case, u dnt read or u hv problem with ur eyes I know some one who will do it free 4u , back to ur comment , do u read all thing like swimming in d post?? Read well b4 u comments next time
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by psp2pc(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2017
I use 2 life jacket when going to see my bae that live across a lake
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by COCKCROW: 10:20am On Sep 21, 2017
He died a wasted man, he died a stupid man, he died a digress to his family. he should have declined that evil service in that evil place. sorry for the parent who allowed him to go to that cursed land to service cursed people.
Re: Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried by kaymandak(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
So painful,, Johnson,, just like that, I remembered all your funny contributions in the room during our university days. Gentle, responsible, trustworthy and friendly. R.I.P Co-Bishop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball / "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? / Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.