Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group (1660 Views)

Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders / IPOB Press Release: Judge Runs Away After Proscribing IPOB / Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
The regime of President Buhari will go down in history as the worst not just because of the economic depreciation that has being experienced but for violating and making mockery of the laws of the land. What is even more pathetic is that people who know right from wrong will support an aberration just because they don't like the people at the receiving end.

On the issue of proscribing the Indegenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and it's leader, Nnamdi Kanu, i think it's a shame that an illegality is allowed to foster. The group no matter it's short comings may have broken a lot of moral codes in the way Kanu has made hate speeches but not by a stretch of imagination should that constitute terrorism. Even the Niger Delta militants in MEND and Avengers who went to war, i mean physical war romanced by weaponry was not classified a terrorist group. How then is a group that has never been sighted with a single fire arm be classified as a terrorist group? Are we okay in this country?

Even great lawyers of repute have lend their voices to the debate and have categorically called the proscription an illegality. The senate president has also done same. So, it's clear that we're going to a road of no return because if this illegality is allowed to go through then we're in trouble in this country.

18 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by najoe07(m): 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
W
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Cyynthia(f): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
Are they trying to tell me that a terrorist group gave a sit at home order in the two regions and there was total compliance ?

So everybody in SE nd SS is now terrorist ?
In fact, their governors are all terrorist since they are governing terrorist.

Buhari and his miserable maggots he called followers must be lunatics.

Nigeria is a just a jungle.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by MalcoImX: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
Terrorists and sympathizers of terrorists everywhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by SonofDevil: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
KANU threatened to bring the head of a sitting president to Abia.
If I should be Nigeria president I would order shoot at sight anything that looks like kanu just like the way obj order shoot at sight anybody parading himself as opc in 1999

12 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Tayonic: 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
The wailing team.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by attackgat: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
During the June 12th blow up, OPC burnt a number of police station, killed some people, destroyed properties, but it was never declared a terrorist group or procribed

The Niger Delta militants took up arms, destroyed Oil installations. They were never tagged terrorists, they were given amnesty

Herdsmen have slaughtered people all over the place, they are not terrorist

But IPOB with hardley any record of violence before operation python dance, bear no arms and has never killed anyone are tagged terrorists and proscribed.

Ok, no worries

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by SonofDevil: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Afam4eva:
The regime of President Buhari will go down in history as the worst not just because of the economic depreciation that has being experienced but for violating and making mockery of the laws of the land. What is even more pathetic is that people who know right from wrong will support an aberration just because they don't like the people at the receiving end.

On the issue of proscribing the Indegenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and it's leader, Nnamdi Kanu, i think it's a shame that an illegality is allowed to foster. The group no matter it's short comings may have broken a lot of moral codes in the way Kanu has made hate speeches but not by a stretch of imagination should that constitute terrorism. Even the Niger Delta militants in MEND and Avengers who went to war, i mean physical war romanced by weaponry was not classified a terrorist group. How then is a group that has never been sighted with a single fire arm be classified as a terrorist group? Are we okay in this country?

Even great lawyers of repute have lend their voices to the debate and have categorically called the proscription an illegality. The senate president has also done same. So, it's clear that we're going to a road of no return because if this illegality is allowed to go through then we're in trouble in this country.
stop crying grin go to court and contest the decision if you can convince the judge with enough evidence that ipob re not a terror group

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Omeokachie: 6:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
To the person above that claimed that Obasanjo ordered a shoot at sight order against OPC in 1999...

and Obadanjo left office, but OPC is still there!

Moral of the lesson...power ia nothing without control.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by attackgat: 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
SonofDevil:
KANU threatened to bring the head of a sitting president to Abia.
If I should be Nigeria president I would order shoot at sight anything that looks like kanu just like the way obj order shoot at sight anybody parading himself as opc in 1999

If someone threatens to bring the head of Trump to Texas, do you think Trump would order American Soldiers to Texas to kill unarmed Americans?

4 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Philistine(m): 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is the end of ipob......best news of the week. You cannot call for Genocide and You expect to get away with it. Good move by the FG!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by SonofDevil: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
attackgat:
During the June 12th blow up, OPC burnt a number of police station, killed some people, destroyed properties, but it was never declared a terrorist group or procribed

The Niger Delta militants took up arms, destroyed Oil installations. They were never tagged terrorists, they were given amnesty

Herdsmen have slaughtered people all over the place, they are not terrorist

But IPOB with hardley any record of violence before operation python dance, bear no arms and has never killed anyone are tagged terrorists and proscribed.

Ok, no worries
ipob is a terrorist group shikenagringrin

Chief swine cownu how markettonguetongue�� the Sudanese man is dealing with you �

UN AU, ECOWAS, EU, CAF, UEFA, FIFA, NFA, NFF, NATO, all together cant do Nada��

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by SonofDevil: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
attackgat:

If someone threatens to bring the head of Trump to Texas, do you think Trump would order American Soldiers to Texas to kill unarmed Americans?
only a foolish man will think bravery is confronting army with clubs and knives.

Like the US army Colonel said - dead man don't live to tell talesgrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by SonofDevil: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Omeokachie:
To the person above that claimed that Obasanjo ordered a shoot at sight order against OPC in 1999...

and Obadanjo left office, but OPC is still there!

Moral of the lesson...power ia nothing without control.

Opc is irrelevant in scheme of things OBJ IS STILL BALLING TILL DATE FROM AFRICA TO EUROPE AND AMERICA grin

5 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Stricker321: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2017
The FG should get ready to spend all 2018 budget in building prisons to contain IPOB members.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Beremx(f): 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
I now formally declare IPOB a faceless group.

Buhari can declare the harmless group terrorists but he can never kill their agenda and agitations

IPOB has finally reached the stage where the international communities will have their support official.

I only pity the senile man who i foolishly voted for. His doom is near!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Eastfield1: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
Beremx:

Buhari can declare the harmless group terrorists but he can never kill their agenda and agitations

IPOB has finally reached the stage where the international communities will have their support official.

this Battle, We will win
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by baralatie(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
attackgat:

it is like you don't know President Trump
it is that second the man will be buried in FBI style

3 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by henryobinna(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
Afam4eva:

This Is Really On Point.

What is disheartening, is the fact people who claim to be educated and know or even have a faint idea of what the law is, are happy, cheering the government on.

The question everyone should answer is

how does the supposed hate speeches by Kanu translates ti terrorism. Am still wondering.

What this means is that nobody can say no to what the status quo is.

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by baralatie(m): 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2017
Beremx:

haaaaaaaa!
am I seeing triple!!!!

tonyebarcanista please come and help me with glasses!

j e s u s
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by TheFreeOne: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2017
The group no matter it's short comings may have broken a lot of moral codes in the way Kanu has made hate speeches but not by a stretch of imagination should that constitute terrorism.
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by henryobinna(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Those who hate Igbos are really having a field day.

Every Igbo man should know this, they're(our enemies) not out to fight IPOB rather they're out to fight the Igbo man to death, it doesn't matter what name they tag it.
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by greatiyk4u(m): 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Beremx:

Does it mean you are/were stupid?
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by greatiyk4u(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
Afam4eva:

All I see here is mere appeal to pity.......Kanu was agitating for secession and even running a parallel govt with his BSS and Guards in a sourveign state........which country on earth will tolerate that?

Do you even know that the plan and hope of IPOB foolish followers is how to pull down the ZOO (Nigeria)?.......do you think any of them takes like a joke any more?

You can only term IPOB peaceful when you are far away from. South-East but most of us on ground understands the intensity of heat and panic generated on the non believersof their ideologies down here

Many of the miscreants have pen down the number of men/women to either kill, excommunicate or even destroy their hard earned properties should Biafra come

I am a victim of IPOB rascality but I thank God 4 Govt quick response to the ugly menace........politics apart

8 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by fergie001: 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
God will always bless Umaru Musa Yar'Adua,wherever he is.

That's all I can say
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by RomeSankara: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
This court order in reality of law and justice remains null void ansd is actually an ultra vires act carried inspired by executive recklessness because you cannot label a whole self determination agenda of a complete race as terrorism and can only last as long as this evil regime which clearly wont last long because God abhors injustice in totality.. I implore the Igbo people of Nigeria to go about their business peacefully and use this period
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by TheFreeOne: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Beremx:

Interesting...very very interesting.

I hope senior zombies like Gbawe who called me buhari hater cos I campaigned against the bigot before 2015 elections will come out of their shells to speak out against this maladministration that's breaking ignominious records back to back.
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by RomeSankara: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
This court order in reality of law and justice remains null void ansd is actually an ultra vires act carried inspired by executive recklessness because you cannot label a whole self determination agenda of a complete race as terrorism and can only last as long as this evil regime which clearly wont last long because God abhors injustice in totality.. I implore the Igbo people of Nigeria to go about their business peacefully and use this period the govt has left to really unite and bond more together while speaking with one voice , this is an opportunity to use the ballot to make sure every one of the 5 governors of the east are voted out and new young leaders are immediately voted in to take their place because the current 5 are self centered people who have no interest of the Igbo race at heart.
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Totti9(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
What the court is trying to tell us is that Okorocha, ikpeazu, Ugwuanyi, Umahi, Obiano, rotimi ameachi, Ike ekweremmadu etc are all terrorists Lol Nigerians and foolishness are likeofe n' akpu
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
OP go get yourself familiarised with Antiterrorism (Prevention) Act 2011 (as amended) and stop your ignorant display.

IPOB is a terrorist organization...

5 Likes

Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by RomeSankara: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
baralatie:

it is like you don't know President Trump
it is that second the man will be buried in FBI style

Stop lying against Trump , many people wish him death everyday and not once has he complained or try to get any arrrested , Kathie Griffin even carried and effigy of his severed head around and she was never arrested .. Stop lying against trump ..The only politician known to kill critics is actually Hillary Clinton
Re: On The Issue Of Proscribing IPOB And Terming It A Terrorist Group by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2017
Afam4eva:

A weak Igbo state is very essential for the survival of Hausa Fulani and Yoruba. It's not about terrorism but about keeping the Igbo in check.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are We Forgeting About Nnamdi Kanu Already? (photos) / President Buhari Under Pressure To Resign Before The Next 24 Hours / Fuel Scarcity, Deliberate Policy To Impoverish Igbo — Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.