Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,288 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:03 PM

FG Concessions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Concessions (424 Views)

2019 Budget: Federal Government To Fund Deficit With New Taxes, Concessions / FG Jitters Before ICC Over Zakzaky, Seeks Concessions / FG Concessions Rail Lines To GE, Multinational To Invest Over $2.2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Concessions by MrTosin(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
Please, does anyone understand or know what the government is trying to achieve with d recent waves of airport concessions...

someone should please make me understand...
Re: FG Concessions by baralatie(m): 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
how about improved efficiency,productivity and profitability. that is if the right concessionaire is contracted

1 Like

Re: FG Concessions by baralatie(m): 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
the process of getting the right concessionaire is usually not as easy as one would think.
one,fg has to decide if it wants those facility concessioned on management basis or total procurement

two,does the govt intend to receive it facility in the future

and on and on!

does it want 100% private or partial ownership
Re: FG Concessions by baralatie(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
to understand it better
remember, mm2 in Lagos new tejuosho market Lagos lekki EpE expressway Lagos
Re: FG Concessions by MrTosin(m): 12:10am On Sep 21, 2017
I tried checking d dictionary meaning of d word but I do not seems to find it synonymous to privatization or sth

or does it mean govt is conceding its inefficiency: surrendering to an entity better than itself
Re: FG Concessions by Blue3k(m): 12:15am On Sep 21, 2017
MrTosin:
I tried checking d dictionary meaning of d word but I do not seems to find it synonymous to privatization or sth

It's not synonymous because it distinctly different. To privatize the government sells the asset in question. In concessions the government has another party to management it while the government still owns assets.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola, A Quintessential Man With Broadminded Introspective - Rotimi Makinde / Former First Lady Of Akwa Ibom, Mrs Imo Isemi Is Dead / Evil Nigerian Tyrant Buhari Worst Than Yazeed:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.