Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:18 PM

Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck (18573 Views)

Please I Need Towing Truck Urgently Who Can Tow A Bus From Ibadan To Lagos / 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor Introduced With 210HP Turbodiesel (Photos) / ₦70m: Amazing Images Of Land Rover Discovery Converted Into A Mobile Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by bigsmoke2(m): 8:27am On Sep 21, 2017
Monster
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by timifakay(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2017
kingreign:

Problem is, how many will buy that thousand others for its build purpose other than to do mall crawling, neighbourhood strolls et al?

That is not the problem of the manufacturer though smiley
Manufacturer's problem is for the cars to leave the showrooms without coming back due to recall issues.
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 21, 2017
Psoul:

Do you have that kind of truck/trailer in Nigeria? Did u read the brief spec of that trailer. Even Dangote will find it very hard to afford 2 of such trailer.

So if u give the Land Rover the kind of truck/trailer we have here, it will pull it very easily irrespective of our road.
Learn to appreciate innovations, high tech and every good thing so that one will come ur way.
believe or not I am well aware of innovation, it's just that to make innovation work effectively you need the environment. Not everything that works in an American environment can work in a nigerian environment. Example bad roads in nigeria with pot holes, did you see how smooth that road is?
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 21, 2017
obafemee80:
[img]http:///a/img922/410/k4yf5d.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img922/2310/1b92Vz.jpg[/img]

Truck and SUV manufacturers just love to show off their vehicles towing capacities in unusual ways.
In 2012, a Toyota Tundra hauled the Space Shuttle Endeavour across the Manchester Bridge in Los Angeles.
A few months ago,Porsche set a Guinness record by towing double-decker Airbus A380 42 meters using a Cayenne S Diesel.

Now Land Rover's newest Discovery gets a turn at towing greatness,in this case towing a 121tons Australian road train,which is a semi truck with multiple trailers.

This road train is seven trailers,plus the semi-truck and some ballast.
The total weight of 242,000 pounds is about 31 times the 7,716-pound towing capacity of the diesel Discovery.
Also interesting to note is that the diesel Discovery has a slightly lower maximum towing capacity than the petrol-powered version,which is rated up to 8,201 pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DsK0SH0h9s

As you can see in the video above,the Land Rover managed to move the huge line of trailers 10 miles and hit a top speed of 27 mph.This stunt was done with the diesel Discovery,which uses a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 making 254 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque.
So Land Rover’s point is that the Discovery are built to do the extremes.

Even with the marketing hype,I can say I’m honestly impressed.
What do you think about the stunt?

https://autojosh.com/watch-land-rover-discovery-turbodiesel-tow-121-tonseven-trailer-semi-truck/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I'll be most impressed if it can tow it up hill
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by psalmson001: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Brb.....lemme watch d video first.

When they cover same distance as Lagos - Onitsha, then I will doff my hat.
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by bolubillionaire(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by bolubillionaire(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2017
Small body big engine. Im really impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by bolubillionaire(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2017
Officialkplus:
okay.... so we should fry tomatoes....

Bring ur brain along when you want to comment.

3 Likes

Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by Psoul(m): 9:36am On Sep 21, 2017
gypsey:
believe or not I am well aware of innovation, it's just that to make innovation work effectively you need the environment. Not everything that works in an American environment can work in a nigerian environment. Example bad roads in nigeria with pot holes, did you see how smooth that road is?

Well, the Land Rover was not designed for the conventional towing of such a heavy truck. They were just trying to show the "ruggedity" of the vehicle and its power.
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by EazyMoh(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2017
benosky:
It's Only In Nigeria That 'How Far' Has Nothing To Do With Distance grin
LMAO! You just made my day with this joke!

2 Likes

Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by 3kay945(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2017
The day I towed Benz ML 320 with my little rav4 '02 on the bad road chai shocked shocked

The next day my vehicle snail for like 4mins before running like leopard.
So I can tow it too. cool
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by tutudesz: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Psoul:

Do you have that kind of truck/trailer in Nigeria? Did u read the brief spec of that trailer. Even Dangote will find it very hard to afford 2 of such trailer.

So if u give the Land Rover the kind of truck/trailer we have here, it will pull it very easily irrespective of our road.
Learn to appreciate innovations, high tech and every good thing so that one will come ur way.
Your comment is childish! Plz google the cost of the truck 1st before make such comment
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by DaimlerBen(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by Officialkplus(m): 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
bolubillionaire:

Bring ur brain along when you want to comment.

idiot,Big fool like you... you should act like a billionaire wanna be like your moniker stated..
No wonder you can never be a billionaire.. you know why...?

All billionaires mind their fu*king business.
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by BALLOSKI: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
benosky:
It's Only In Nigeria That 'How Far' Has Nothing To Do With Distance grin
that's some greetings mehn.

1 Like

Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by peteru98: 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
Officialkplus:
okay.... so we should fry tomatoes....
u hardly tink
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by Officialkplus(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2017
peteru98:

u hardly tink

Odé you that think,what have you accomplished
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by iukpe: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
Land Rover in the rover range has always been the work horse. I have seen many land rovers queuing on bad road along with sedans when there was plenty off road space to explore. Just the users anyway, who just buy a luxury LR SUV without wanting to test the capabilities.
Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by kingreign(m): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
iukpe:
Land Rover in the rover range has always been the work horse. I have seen many land rovers queuing on bad road along with sedans when there was plenty off road space to explore. Just the users anyway, who just buy a luxury LR SUV without wanting to test the capabilities.

While testing the capabilities, and e make 'kpakam', you go understand how pocket unfriendly it is to the owner wink

1 Like

Re: Watch A Land Rover Discovery Turbodiesel Tow A 121-Ton,Seven-Trailer Semi Truck by 9icetoo(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
I wonder how this will turn out going up the steep grade at ugwu enyeama.

(1) (2) (Reply)

All New Infiniti QX80 SUV Revealed Ahead Of New York Auto Show. / How Much For Golf3 / How To Get A Car Loan In Nigeria - A Complete Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.