Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG (786 Views)

'My Election Is Done & Dusted' - Wike Tells Rivers People To Deliver Atiku / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer / FG Deliberately Using Soot To Reduce Rivers Population, Wike Tells UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 21, 2017
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has berated the Federal Government for allegedly making a mockery of the fight against corruption, describing the anti graft war as pretentious and intended to silence opposition in the country. Delivering the keynote address of the 12 General Synod of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion at St Paul ‘ s Cathedral , Port Harcourt, yesterday, the governor queried how politicians, who decamped from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC, suddenly became too clean for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, to investigate Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wik He said since President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office, the only corrupt Nigerians known to his government had allegedly been politicians that chose to remain in PDP. He said Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, was harassed at a time by the Federal Government because he contested the office against the political arrangement of his APC party. He said: “How can the Federal Government justify the situation where former public office holders from PDP are continuously harassed, hunted and hounded with corruption charges by EFCC, while at the same time sparing those other members who defected to APC of similar investigations and treatment except the pure vendetta against Saraki for daring to contest the office of the Senate Presidency against the wish of the cabals in his party?” Wike urged the church to condemn what he dubbed the lopsided anti-corruption war of the Federal Government, adding that it should also shout out against the alleged corrupt actions of the government. His words: “People say power of any kind corrupts, but political power can be more vicious if exercised unchecked and in disregard of democratic norms. “While we all support the Federal Government’s much-vaunted, but pretentious fight against corruption, it is patently wrong to fight corruption with corruption and double-speak or by side-stepping the rule of law, disobeying court orders and blackmailing the judiciary to submission. Unfortunately, this is the order of the day under the current democratic dispensation. “What has become of the case of those who were arrested for printing fake ballot papers with INEC’s authentic serial numbers to be used to rig the December 2016 legislative re-run election.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/stop-making-mockery-fight-corruption-wike-tells-fg/
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by shutto: 6:32am On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2017
Front page Lalastiscala cool
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2017
Corruption fight is now a joke

2 Likes

Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2017
johnjay4u2u:
Corruption fight is now a joke
Buhari is big disappointment!I expected to see thousands of APC,PDP and APGA members facing charges for corruption and in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
shutto:
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Cmoyor: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
the church should condemn such act? have u personally either through press release or letter informed the president of his lopsided fight? y wait for Anglican synod before condemning such?....
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by chinoxstock: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Lol..old Buhari is confused and doesn't know what he is doing...Does Buhari even understand the meaning of fighting corruption?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by tuniski: 3:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
DutchBruh:

Buhari is big disappointment!I expected to see thousands of APC,PDP and APGA members in facing charges for corruption and in jail.
He should prevent new thieves from current govt 1st. Looking backwards is just a hate against previous govt!
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
chinoxstock:
Lol..old Buhari is confused and doesn't know what he is doing...Does Buhari even understand the meaning of fighting corruption?
Buhari has no track recordof fighting corruption. Idiagbon was the real anti-corruption fighter when he ruled in the 80's.
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
tuniski:

He should prevent new thieves from current govt 1st. Looking backwards is just a hate against previous govt!
People under his goverment are looting and he is turning a blind eye. Nobody is afraid of the fake anti-corruption war.
Diezani even appealed to the court to be included as a defendant so she can return to Nigeria,because she knows nothing will happen.
Obanikoro that returned from USA is now a free man after joining APC.

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by fergie001: 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
Buhari's failure is unquestionable abeg....

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
fergie001:
Buhari's failure is unquestionable abeg....
Buhari is the biggest hypocrite and pretentious man in the world. I am so pained! I fell for his purported anti-corruption credentials during the last election.
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by fergie001: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
DutchBruh:

Buhari is the biggest hypocrite and pretentious man in the world. I am so pained! I fell for his purported anti-corruption credentials during the last election.
Many did,

You are elevating him sef

He is worse than a hypocrite.
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
fergie001:

Many did,

You are elevating him sef

He is worse than a hypocrite.
He has been demystified. The only reason people voted for him in 2015 was because of his purported anti-corruption credentials,which he has proven to be a fraud. There is no single reason to vote for him in 2019.
Nigeria will remain stagnant as long as remains in power,with no motion.

We need a leader like Tony Elumelu or any other visionary from the private sector to run the country for at least eight years.
Buhari is not best option we have in a Nigeria to run the country.
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by fergie001: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
DutchBruh:

He has been demystified. The only reason people voted for him in 2015 was because of his purported anti-corruption credentials,which he has proven to be a fraud. There is no single reason to vote for him in 2019.
Nigeria will remain stagnant as h remains in power,with no motion.
We need a leader like Tony Elumelu or any other visionary from the private sector.
You are annoyed you voted him,
I Und

My bro,you no vex reach me oooo
This man has obliterated our history
We can never get the worst after him
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
fergie001:

You are annoyed you voted him,
I Und

My bro,you no vex reach me oooo
This man has obliterated our history
We can never get the worst after him
This is the worst President we have had without a doubt,he his a hyporocite,protects corrupt members of his party and engages in blatant nepotism.
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by fergie001: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=DutchBruh post=60694257]
This is the worst President we have had without a doubt,he his a hyporocite,protects corrupt members of his party and engages in blatant nepotism.[/quote

Pharoah+Lucifer

1 Like

Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=fergie001 post=60694681][/quote]

He brainwashed everyone in the country.
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by aolawale025: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
There was never an "anti-corruption" fight in the first instance. It was all a giant witch-hunt
Re: Fight Against Corruption is Fake, Wike Tells FG by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
aolawale025:
There was never an "anti-corruption" fight in the first instance. It was all a giant witch-hunt
Real talk.

(1) (Reply)

Operation Python Dance 2 Just Kick Off / Reinstated Pension Thief Who Fled To Dubai,Positioned As Next Borno Governor / Death Toll Now 15 In Boko Haram Raid On Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.