Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad (841 Views)

Aregbesola Backs Jihad & Opposes Boko Haram / Wahhabism, Jihad And Boko Haram / Come And See jihad For What It Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad by bilms(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2010
as i noted in d other thread,

The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad.
Note: Sayyid Qutb is an important figure in current Islamic violence circles. He was executed by President Nasser of Egypt in 1966. Qutb provides the intellectual justification (based on the Koran)for the present day assault by Islamist terrorists on the West, Christianity, the Jews and liberal muslims. Readers will not have read his ideas in relation to the thought of Pope Benedict. It makes interesting reading.

waiting for u here
Re: The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad by GODSON2009(m): 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2010
what is the problem of sayyid qutb's jihad??
maybe you are too scared to admit what sialm is and entails,but at least qutb al banna and other sialmists were bold enough to face up without caring what anyone thought,by the way qutb based his argument on the quran and his seminal treatise is one of the most important in the islamic world till today
Re: The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad by experts: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2010
huh i can see it from ur post that u re an anti islam, if u jurge islam based on few people's action and understanding of d religion,

i hv given myself the duty to enlighten u abt it but i can see u are here to conderm with no knowledge, so there no need,

thread closed
Re: The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad by Lagosboy: 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2010
I do not know the origin of this conversation neither do i understand the basis but the name os Qutb was what attracted me.

Sayyid Qutb like every human bing is subject to mistakes but by and large he was one of the best thinkers of the contemporary islamic world. Yes he had some radical views but the crux of his message was muslims in the face of expanding westernisation of thought should look inward and go back to islam which had provided many solutions already for the muslim world.

Any muslim critisicing him should do himself a favour and read his book on "social justice in islam". You cannot understand sayyid qutb by just reading his works he wrote while under the harsh and inhumane conditions of Nasser's prison.

Indeed our words will remain dead till we sacrifice our blood to bring it to life. Indeed he lived by his words and his death brought his words to life spanning 50 decades and still like yesterday.

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Sayyid Qutb's Jihad by GODSON2009(m): 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2010
thank you so much for this comment,one thing i cant stand is for people to come and start to white wash and even massively misquote qutb and his core ideologies,there was no love lost between qutb and the west generally including what he saw as the corrosive western practises wchich have served to corrupt islamic nations, funny enough i totally agree with him,its only his methods that i totally and unequivocally disagree with
experts:

huh i can see it from your post that u re an anti islam, if u jurge islam based on few people's action and understanding of d religion,

i hv given myself the duty to enlighten u abt it but i can see u are here to conderm with no knowledge, so there no need,

thread closed
qutb is not "few people"shows you dont know anything about him and his influence as an islamist both on islam generally and modern islamic fundamentalism including bin laden

(1) (Reply)

For The Love Of Islam / How To Correctly Send Greetings To Prophet Muhammad (sa)? / Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.