Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria (10595 Views)

FG Declares May 25 & 26 Public Holidays To Mark Eidul-Fitr Celebrations / ‘Don’t Christianize Your Cabinet’ – MURIC Warns Lagos, Oyo, Ogun Governors / May 29 And June 12 Declared As Public Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by victorDanladi: 6:59am On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

You dey mind him.

Majority of Chinese, Japanese, Koreans are hindus yet recognise the general weekend days but that eediot would have us believe it's a christian day. So what day are we supposed to take a rest from our civil work?

Some people are really stupid. Education can't definitely improve brains which have been pummelled.

I
It means they are mature.that is why they dont shout christianization!

CAN too should grow up,not everything is about islamization!,by the way,all this religious holidays are for all Nigerians not for the concerned religion.

This thread is actually a counter thread.

NOBODY CAN ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND NOBODY CAN CHRISTIANIZE IT!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by victorDanladi: 7:03am On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:

We are not those Muslim countries. We are in a country where anything that has to do with Islam is = to Islamization.

As far as declaring Islamic new year public holiday in some state means Islamization then christian are number one to be blame of Christianizing us as a country.

1st January is for what. 52 days a year for christian celebration clearly indicated in the Wikipedia page.

to CAN even if a muslim sneeze and other people hear it.Its islamizationgrin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by victorDanladi: 7:08am On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

Nope, secular countries should tilt towards the generalised weekend days as the day of rest. We can't have 3 days as rest days when we are not lazy folks.

What makes it generalized weekend?....Because its Christian?......even mathematically,sat and sun are not the week ends!,the week start on sunday and it ends on fri and sat.But to favour our colonial masters that are Christians they changed it to sat and sun.Making Nigeria a Christian nation.To achieve pure secularity lets change it to thur and wed!

Anything a muslim does,is odd?...is islamization?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by victorDanladi: 7:12am On Sep 22, 2017
paabakp:

If a Muslim Country from your previous statement can observe Sunday as weekend and Friday as workday does it make them Christianize?
Also from your previous statement Christians observe one day as Sabbath which can be Saturday, does it make Saturday a christain holiday?

THE SAME WAY OBSERVING THE BEGINNING OF HIJIRA CALENDER OF MUSLIMS DOEST ISLAMIZE NIGERIA.

THIS IS A COUNTER THREAD! TO A THREAD OPENED YESTERDAY SAYING THE ISLAMIC HOLIDAY IS AN ISLAMIZATION PLOT.MUSLIMS DONT SHOUT "CHRISTIANIZATION" BUT TO CORRECT AN ILLOGICAL CONCLUSION,WE NEED TO EMPLOY THAT WORD!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by victorDanladi: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2017
pelezico:

Who would you rather worship Christ Jesus a man who lived by his word and was able to transform his men to love their enemies knowing that their reward was not in this "age" but in the next i.e Gods kingdom, or.......

a pedophile, who committed incest with his adopted sons wife by coercing his adopted son to divorce his wife, who kept African slaves, who he had castrated as was the custom of his people, whos legacy was the murders of many thousands of Christians and Jews and commited wicked acts of sexual violence towards women and minors from those they made slaves from the spoils of war

As for me ill celebrate Christmas and Easter all day long. Come join me and leave that cesspit you call a religion of peace

grin Small ugly monkey,in the eyes of his mother,is like a gazalle or a peacock.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Nbote(m): 7:41am On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

You're an unrepentant liar, I'm challenging you to show us when Saudi Arabia changed their days of the week, you guys are just pathetic. Here's a list of all countries in world showing it's working days and weekends https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend

You're actually the stup'd and senseless one here, you've not proofed your assertion.

Even most Islamic and Muslim majority countries don't observe Sundays, even those that are secular, check the link.

You must be a fool, you're the ones crying around beating your hairy flat chests shouting Islamization just because some states declared public holidays.

Jus shut up and use d internet instead of blabbing...

http://in.reuters.com/article/saudi-week-holiday/saudi-arabia-changes-its-working-week-to-sunday-thursday-idINDEE95M05420130623

Here's a link to Pakistan refusing to replace Sunday with Friday ..

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/92438-Govt-opposes-restoration-of-Friday-as-weekly-holiday

And here's a list of weekdays and weekends in most countries around d world including Islamic countries and d year dey changed their weekdays and weekends..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend#Muslim_countries
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Nbote(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

You're an unrepentant liar, I'm challenging you to show us when Saudi Arabia changed their days of the week, you guys are just pathetic. Here's a list of all countries in world showing it's working days and weekends https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_weekend

You're actually the stup'd and senseless one here, you've not proofed your assertion.

Even most Islamic and Muslim majority countries don't observe Sundays, even those that are secular, check the link.

You must be a fool, you're the ones crying around beating your hairy flat chests shouting Islamization just because some states declared public holidays.

http://in.reuters.com/article/saudi-week-holiday/saudi-arabia-changes-its-working-week-to-sunday-thursday-idINDEE95M05420130623

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/92438-Govt-opposes-restoration-of-Friday-as-weekly-holiday

And here's a list of weekdays and weekends in most countries around d world including Islamic countries and d year dey changed their weekdays and weekends..

Don't blame anyone for ur ignorance...
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by walexbiz(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2017
If
giftq:

That means 52 Fridays devoted to Mosque prayers in so-called secular country is about Islamization

Don't you go to work on Friday?

1 Like

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Misterdhee1(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:
It is high time the Muslims wake up against these fools (Apologies to the innocent ones). They forget all these stuffs when a christian is ruling.

I did not hear all these nonsense when Jonathan a christian is ruling.
Thank you very much. Most Nigerian Christians seem to be battling with low self-esteem in recent times. Perhaps they are pained that their evangelism hasn't garnered as much success as they hope for. Or how do you call a group of people that seem to tag every action (both good and bad) as potential Islamization in a country with over 80 million Christians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2017
walexbiz:
If

Don't you go to work on Friday?
Other people work on sundays too
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by DerrickzB: 8:00am On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:
1. Christmas Holiday

2. Good Friday

3. Easter Monday

4. Emposed Christian new year celebration of Jan 1st

5. 52 days public holiday each year (Sundays)

This is amounting to about fifty six (56) days public holidays for christian alone in a so called secular country.

With all these they are crying Islamization because Kano, Oyo and Osun declared public Holiday for Islamic new year.

Some of them below are denying sunday as their public holiday. One foolish is even saying Good friday is not public holiday.

If u r hungry.. please get something to eat.. How many fridays then does d muslims use in worshipping their god... ur Ramadan how many days does it take??.. ur salah nkor??.. U r just unfortunate
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Cyynthia(f): 9:11am On Sep 22, 2017
blackfase:

Dont mind d olodo op and d roaches cheering in their warped folly. Christians dont strap bombs to their bodies, they don't lose their nuts because their goats or chickens cant roam freely to chew grass or pickings, they dont force people to worship in d name of Jesus or Mary, they dont kill and maim if anyone throws a cuss at their savior, they dont do a lot of wild, crazy & stupid things in d name of Christianity....

We still could go on...nonsense!

ColonelDrake Cyynthia
You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Demmzy15(m): 9:48am On Sep 22, 2017
Nbote:

Chaiiiii!!!! You're an olodo, what I'm I saying what are you saying? I maintained weekends in Saudi Arabia is Friday-Saturday, Sunday is scrapped. Here's what the source you referenced state:

Saudi Arabia has announced it is switching its official weekend to Fridays and Saturdays, bringing the kingdom’s working week closer in line with other countries in a move long desired by many of the country’s businesses.

So what exactly are you saying? Or you don't understand English anymore?

It's their business, Pakistan is one of the few Muslim countries that use this. Majority of Muslims countries have Sundays as working days.

There's nothing new here, I was the one who actually gave you this link to read!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Nbote(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

Chaiiiii!!!! You're an olodo, what I'm I saying what are you saying? I maintained weekends in Saudi Arabia is Friday-Saturday, Sunday is scrapped. Here's what the source you referenced state:

Saudi Arabia has announced it is switching its official weekend to Fridays and Saturdays, bringing the kingdom’s working week closer in line with other countries in a move long desired by many of the country’s businesses.

So what exactly are you saying? Or you don't understand English anymore?

It's their business, Pakistan is one of the few Muslim countries that use this. Majority of Muslims countries have Sundays as working days.

There's nothing new here, I was the one who actually gave you this link to read!

It is now very obvious u are not only stupid and dumb but also blind.. U asked for proof Saudi Arabia changed their weekdays I gave U, d Wikipedia link I gav is a direct link to Muslim nations and d dates of change of weekdays and weekends but I'm not surprised u are way too blind to know d difference and still intend to kip fooling urself.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:
1. Christmas Holiday

2. Good Friday

3. Easter Monday

This is amounting to about fifty six (56) days public holidays for christian alone in a so called secular country.

With all these they are crying Islamization because Kano, Oyo and Osun declared public Holiday for Islamic new year.

Some of them below are denying sunday as their public holiday. One foolish is even saying Good friday is not public holiday.
Doctrines against Christians is the only teachings in the mosque. Ist of every January has no direct link to Christianity I don't think.. Even Saudi and UAE do celebrate it... Is just to ushere in a new year..
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by proudlyYoruba(m): 11:24am On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:
1. Christmas Holiday

2. Good Friday

3. Easter Monday

Brother as per the sunday, they will give u excuse you should have given them the reason why sunday is Christian public holiday without that they will argue with you. Just a summary making sunday a Christian public is the constantine effect and the british impact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by proudlyYoruba(m): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2017
Kingspin:
Doctrines against Christians is the only teachings in the mosque. Ist of every January has no direct link to Christianity I don't think.. Even Saudi and UAE do celebrate it... Is just to ushere in a new year..
The Gregorian calendar has its root in the papacy and calendar made for the computation of easter. And we know the Papacy 'pope' is christianity dont try to defend wat is not defendable abeg. As per the saudi and UAE if they actually celebrate that is the western impact abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
The Gregorian calendar has its root in the papacy and calendar made for the computation of easter. And we know the Papacy 'pope' is christianity dont try to defend wat is not defendable abeg. As per the saudi and UAE if they actually celebrate that is the western impact abeg
Ist january has nothing to do with christianity...Maybe you should also considering dropping anything invented by the west..Christians has two majority event every year one is Easter and another is Christmas.. And are you also expecting Valentines day declare as public? They should better teach you better doctrines every Friday.. Nobody ever teaches us others faith the way and manner you guys dwell and bread on Christianity 24hrs. Extremist is real.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Thank you very much. Most Nigerian Christians seem to be battling with low self-esteem in recent times. Perhaps they are pained that their evangelism hasn't garnered as much success as they hope for. Or how do you call a group of people that seem to tag every action (both good and bad) as potential Islamization in a country with over 80 million Christians?
Remove the word Islam from constitution First... You guys can pretend for life. How can someone be teaching only about Christianity than his own faith.. How is this possible that why extremist came into be..Extreme means over doing things... That's why the North hate equal rights.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by proudlyYoruba(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kingspin:
Ist january has nothing to do with christianity...Maybe you should also considering dropping anything invented by the west..Christians has two majority event every year one is Easter and another is Christmas.. And are you also expecting Valentines day declare as public? They should better teach you better doctrines every Friday.. Nobody ever teaches us others faith the way and manner you guys dwell and bread on Christianity 24hrs. Extremist is real.
The Gregorian calendar is what? During the Middle Ages in western Europe, while the Julian calendar was still in use, authorities moved New Year's Day variously, depending upon locale, to one of several other days, among them: 1 March, 25 March, Easter, 1 September, and 25 December. Beginning in 1582, the adoptions of the Gregorian calendar and changes to the Old Style and New Style dates meant the various local dates for New Year's Day changed to using one fixed date, January 1. January 1 is itself a religious holiday, but that is because it is the feast of the circumcision of Christ (8 days after His birth), and a commemoration of saints . Sorry i know u don't know ur religion very well, if we are to dabble into the Constantine effect on Christianity you will know u have no festival. Moreover i am not a mosque fanatic everything i say is from disscussion with rational people and reading
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by proudlyYoruba(m): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
Kingspin:
The Anglican Church and the Lutheran Church celebrate the Feast of the Circumcision of Christ on January 1, based on the belief that if Jesus was born on December 25, then according to Hebrew tradition, his circumcision would have taken place on the eighth day of his life (January 1). The Roman Catholic Church celebrates on this day the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, which is also a Holy Day of Obligation. In the United States, New Year's Day is a postal holiday

1 Like

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by diadem10: 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:

Who is more supporting shite than you people. I have force the truth in 2 ur brain and u are changing tune. Go to the thread of Public holiday on islamic new year and see lost sheep like you calling it ISLAMIZATION.

Ooh you have graduated from calling me Aboki in the forest to a second class Yoruba Muslim. Well I will leave you as confused as you are.

Muslims are 1 everywhere we are. Nobody chooses the tribe he want to be born in.

Who called you a Yoruba muslim? You wished you were one because you can never be one. Aboki tse tse fly wan be Yoruba at all cost.

That said, my main gripe with an eediot as yourself is the eediotic shite you spouted jut to support a lame religion.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Demmzy15(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nbote:

It is now very obvious u are not only stupid and dumb but also blind.. U asked for proof Saudi Arabia changed their weekdays I gave U, d Wikipedia link I gav is a direct link to Muslim nations and d dates of change of weekdays and weekends but I'm not surprised u are way too blind to know d difference and still intend to kip fooling urself.
Seems you're confused, let's take it slowly. What's your position?

1 Like

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Demmzy15(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
The Anglican Church and the Lutheran Church celebrate the Feast of the Circumcision of Christ on January 1, based on the belief that if Jesus was born on December 25, then according to Hebrew tradition, his circumcision would have taken place on the eighth day of his life (January 1). The Roman Catholic Church celebrates on this day the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, which is also a Holy Day of Obligation. In the United States, New Year's Day is a postal holiday
Omo odua thanks jare!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by FriendNG: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

Who called you a Yoruba muslim? You wished you were one because you can never be one. Aboki tse tse fly wan be Yoruba at all cost.

That said, my main gripe with an eediot as yourself is the eediotic shite you spouted jut to support a lame religion.

You are confused sheep. From aboki in the forest to worshiping Oludumare to second class citizen to second class front runner of Islam. Whichever one desires you aint move a second.

Sunday is a christian holiday the fools want to impose it on Muslims yet crying marginalization when New Islamic year public holiday is declared.

1 Like

Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by diadem10: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
Demmzy15:
[font=serif]We should remove Sunday then or you and your cohorts should stop shouting Islamization, Turkey bla bla bla when Muslims are represented!

Lmao. The generalised weekend days are Sun and Sat. As a secular country, we should tilt towards that line and nothing else! Why should we tilt towards a muslim country ideology when were not? abi dis one dey mad?
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by diadem10: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
FriendNG:

You are confused sheep. From aboki in the forest to worshiping Oludumare to second class citizen to second class front runner of Islam. Whichever one desires you aint move a second.

Sunday is a christian holiday the fools want to impose it on Muslims yet crying marginalization when New Islamic year public holiday is declared.

My statement was meant to be generic for those who worship Olodumare, not aboki like yourself.

Abegi, go back to your forest. You can never be Yoruba.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by diadem10: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
victorDanladi:

I
It means they are mature.that is why they dont shout christianization!

CAN too should grow up,not everything is about islamization!,by the way,all this religious holidays are for all Nigerians not for the concerned religion.

This thread is actually a counter thread.

NOBODY CAN ISLAMISE NIGERIA AND NOBODY CAN CHRISTIANIZE IT!

Of course, no one can islamise or christianize Nigeria and the main reason I never supported alcataraz myopic view. But I won't sit and watch some eediot like that aboki pull out baseless/untruthful facts to justify a religion. Just say muslims want to celebrate their islamic year and we're okay with that but spouting shite like sun and new year days are Christian public day is huge bullshite.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by FriendNG: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

My statement was meant to be generic for those who worship Olodumare, not aboki like yourself.

Abegi, go back to your forest. You can never be Yoruba.

How does that change the fact that sunday is a christian shit impose on Muslim in a bit to christinize Nigeria Mr. sheep

Sunday is the "day of rest and worship". Jewish Shabbat or Biblical Sabbath lasts from sunset on Friday to the fall of full darkness on Saturday; as a result,

the weekend in Israel is observed on Friday–Saturday.

Some Muslim-majority countries historically had a Thursday–Friday or Friday–Saturday weekend; however, recently many such countries have shifted from Thursday–Friday to Friday–Saturday, or to Saturday–Sunday.

The Christian Sabbath was just one day each week, but the preceding day (the Jewish Sabbath) came to be taken as a holiday as well in the twentieth century. This shift has been accompanied by a reduction in the total number of hours worked per week, following changes in employer expectations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workweek_and_wee
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by Demmzy15(m): 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

Lmao. The generalised weekend days are Sun and Sat. As a secular country, we should tilt towards that line and nothing else! Why should we tilt towards a muslim country ideology when were not? abi dis one dey mad?
Then y'all need to stop crying when Muslims get holidays based on their calendar. Stop the hypocrisy!
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by FriendNG: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

Of course, no one can islamise or christianize Nigeria and the main reason I never supported alcataraz myopic view. But I won't sit and watch some eediot like that aboki pull out baseless/untruthful facts to justify a religion. Just say muslims want to celebrate their islamic year and we're okay with that but spouting shite like sun and new year days are Christian public day is huge bullshite.

Liar you indoctrinate your bull shits in every aspect of people lives. Even today's calendar was design by another lost sheep pope to fit the day of his lost faith.
Re: List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria by diadem10: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
victorDanladi:

What makes it generalized weekend?....Because its Christian?......even mathematically,sat and sun are not the week ends!,[b]the week start on sunday and it ends on fri ends on sat.But to favour our colonial masters that are Christians they changed it to sat and sun.Making Nigeria a Christian nation.To achieve pure secularity lets change it to thur and wed!

Anything a muslim does,is odd?...is islamization?

No colonial changed anything. There was nothing like Nigeria before the whites came, remember?

I have no problem with weekends being Thurs and Wed. All I know is the worldwide weekend days are sat and sun. Even the french folks who have mixed religions have same sun and sat as their weekends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Directs Fixing Of Potholes, Traffic Lights, Asphalting (Pic) / President Buhari: I’m Impressed With Level Of Development In Imo / Gani Adams: NNPC Officials, Police Frustrate Efforts To Prevent Oil Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.