Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ (1432 Views)

Biafra: IPOB Representatives Arrive UN General Assembly (Photos) / Biafra: IPOB Members Release Doves In Anambra (Photos) / Biafra: IPOB Dead And Gone – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
1. I believe any group of people in a nation have a right to self determination, including the Igbos. The present unity of Nigeria is more on a forceful one rather than being on mutual negotiation.

2. Nigeria has gained independence for almost 57 years, the Hausa/Fulani Oligarchy has ruled the nation for almost 40 years, Yoruba and Ijaw ruled 16 years with only 6months for the Ibos. If truly Nigeria is one, Ibos should also govern the Nigeria while for equity sake, southerners must also rule Nig for the number of years the notherners have ruled. 

3. Suffice to say that Igbos forgot their pursuit for self determination under GEJ, but unfortunately, PMB didn't handle the Ibos with care, but allow the Biafra situation to degenerated into a chaotic one. Lest I forget, PMB campaigned in SE while seeking for vote and picked up the name "Okechuckwu".  Does it mean PMB is not their president? Does it mean PMB can't appease the Ibos? 

4. Ibos must not permit another war on their soil. They must not make the mistake Ojukwu made. He refused to make proper consultation with his kinsmen, failed to plan, didn't seek for a better military might instead, he developed local weapons,  and sought for sympathy from a spectator United Nation. 

5. Northern Nig is the worst affected of their dominant misrule. They have the largest cases of malnutrition, polio and leprosy infections, insurrection and insecurity and illiteracy (with over ten million out of school children). But it's pathetic that it is mainly the Ibos that have been bitterly complaining of underdevelopment of their own region. ‎Other regions are suffering and laughing.

6. Catalonia (the people of Bacelona-the former capital of Spain) is seeking a break-away from Spain. Unlike the Ibos, the politicians from Catalonia are also in the struggle, seeking for a referendum. Politicians from Ibo land must join the struggle if they want the nationhood to materialise.

7. To be factual, Nigeria is not moving forward. No electricity, we still import fuel, poor educational system, bad roads, unemployment, insecurity, failed leadership and so on are the gains of a united Nig. If Biafra believes they can provide social amenities by themselves, I don't see any problem in that. This means they will no longer wait for Abuja to share the cake.‎

8. Nigeria (politicians and the northern cabals) is doing little or nothing to make her citizens believe in a united Nigeria. Ibo-land and every other part of Nigeria should be speedily developed to make people really work for a united Nigeria.  

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by DaBullIT(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
So , Hausas have ruled the country for 50 years ? That is very sick, especially since Ibo brought the first coup / instability to Nigeria despite one of them being was it the premier or president of the country back then ?

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by ITbomb(m): 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
I took one thing from your write up

Most other succession moves in other countries were supported by their politicians. Nigeria case is so annoyingly different
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2017
ITbomb:
I took one thing from your write up

Most other succession moves in other countries were supported by their politicians. Nigeria case is so annoyingly different

That's one of the major points needed to ensure that their agitation sees the light of the day
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by devindevin2000: 10:02am On Sep 22, 2017
oneolajire:

1. I believe any group of people in a nation have a right to self determination, including the Igbos. The present unity of Nigeria is more on a forceful one rather than being on mutual negotiation.

2. Nigeria has gained independence for almost 57 years, the Hausa/Fulani Oligarchy has ruled the nation for almost 40 years, Yoruba and Ijaw ruled 16 years with only 6months for the Ibos. If truly Nigeria is one, Ibos should also govern the Nigeria while for equity sake, southerners must also rule Nig for the number of years the notherners have ruled. 
[s]
3. Suffice to say that Igbos forgot their pursuit for self determination under GEJ, but unfortunately, PMB didn't handle the Ibos with care, but allow the Biafra situation to degenerated into a chaotic one. Lest I forget, PMB campaigned in SE while seeking for vote and picked up the name "Okechuckwu".  Does it mean PMB is not their president? Does it mean PMB can't appease the Ibos? 

4. Ibos must not permit another war on their soil. They must not make the mistake Ojukwu made. He refused to make proper consultation with his kinsmen, failed to plan, didn't seek for a better military might instead, he developed local weapons,  and sought for sympathy from a spectator United Nation. 

5. Northern Nig is the worst affected of their dominant misrule. They have the largest cases of malnutrition, polio and leprosy infections, insurrection and insecurity and illiteracy (with over ten million out of school children). But it's pathetic that it is mainly the Ibos that have been bitterly complaining of underdevelopment of their own region. ‎Other regions are suffering and laughing.

6. Catalonia (the people of Bacelona-the former capital of Spain) is seeking a break-away from Spain. Unlike the Ibos, the politicians from Catalonia are also in the struggle, seeking for a referendum. Politicians from Ibo land must join the struggle if they want the nationhood to materialise.

7. To be factual, Nigeria is not moving forward. No electricity, we still import fuel, poor educational system, bad roads, unemployment, insecurity, failed leadership and so on are the gains of a united Nig. If Biafra believes they can provide social amenities by themselves, I don't see any problem in that. This means they will no longer wait for Abuja to share the cake.‎

8. Nigeria (politicians and the northern cabals) is doing little or nothing to make her citizens believe in a united Nigeria. Ibo-land and every other part of Nigeria should be speedily developed to make people really work for a united Nigeria.  
[/s]

You started out well from 1 to 2, until the afonja in you clouded your senses from 3- 8

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2017
devindevin2000:

You started out well from 1 to 2, until the afonja in you clouded your senses from 3- 8

Pls go straight to your point. You don't even know my tribe.

Do you mean you want me to join the youths who will face the soldiers because you are a staunch supporter of IPOB?

Seems you need to learn decorum and learn how to respect the opinion of others in intellectual debate.

Making meaningful submission, that's what I do and want you to do

2 Likes

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by devindevin2000: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2017
oneolajire:

[s]
Pls go straight to your point. You don't even know my tribe.

Do you mean you want me to join the youths who will face the soldiers because you are a staunch supporter of IPOB?

Seems you need to learn decorum and learn how to respect the opinion of others in intellectual debate.

Making meaningful submission, that's what I do and want you to do[/s]
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 11:06am On Sep 22, 2017
devindevin2000:

Let me hear your views concerning points 3-8
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by ExpiredNigeria: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2017
Your opinion

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by MasterChen: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2017
Idiotic Yoruba OP got served by an ipob thug up there lol. cheesy grin Well deserved.

You go tell us wetin concern you

3 Likes

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
MasterChen:
Idiotic Yoruba OP got served by an ipob thug up there lol. cheesy grin Well deserved.

You go tell us wetin concern you

Truth is bitter, only the wise buys it.
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by solutionsnow: 8:05am On Sep 23, 2017
OP, this is thought provoking. You mean actualising Biafra is not just by gathering people to face soldiers but by articulate planning.

Really, the only South Sudan and Eritrea, two African countries have secceded have achieved it by serious civil wars, but some Asian nations (Bangladesh and Pakistan from the former India) have achieved nationhood by negotiation.

Agitation that provokes peaceful negotiation is the best.
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2017
solutionsnow:
OP, this is thought provoking. You mean actualising Biafra is not just by gathering people to face soldiers but by articulate planning.

Really, the only South Sudan and Eritrea, two African countries have secceded have achieved it by serious civil wars, but some Asian nations (Bangladesh and Pakistan from the former India) have achieved nationhood by negotiation.

Agitation that provokes peaceful negotiation is the best.

Yea, you are right. Going the South Sudan way is a wrong way
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by ITbomb(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
Unfortunately Southern Sudan is the nearest scenerio to Nigeria's

Their North is populated by over breed parasitic barbarians that still believe that jihad and overpopulation is the key to power
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by solutionsnow: 7:02am On Sep 26, 2017
ITbomb:

Their North is populated by over breed parasitic barbarians that still believe that jihad and overpopulation is the key to power

Yes oooo, only God will help us. No more blood shed in Nig
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by Alariwo2: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2017
Most of you are simply idiots with these your utterances

You keep saying Unity is not by force but you can't leave other people alone to have peace in their region.
Even after showing you resentment and deep hatred with hate songs and quit notice.. you people still want to die in the North claiming you're still Nigerians.

From you mumu logic, biafra is a plot for igbos to have their own "Saudi-like" country where they will treat other tribes unfairly and have complete dominance. Whereas the other igbos want to continue living in other parts of the country unchallenged which is a big lie.

If you know unity is not by force, then leave my region cos we don't like or want anything to do you lots also. Leave the North too cos Hausas/Fulanis hate you. Do to others what you want done to you.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2017
Alariwo2:

You keep saying Unity is not by force but you can't leave other people alone to have peace in their region.
Even after showing you resentment and deep hatred with hate songs and quit notice.. you people still want to die in the North claiming you're still Nigerians.

From you mumu logic, biafra is a plot for igbos to have their own "Saudi-like" country where they will treat other tribes unfairly and have complete dominance. Whereas the other igbos want to continue living in other parts of the country unchallenged which is a big lie.

If you know unity is not by force, then leave my region cos we don't like or want anything to do you lots also. Leave the North too cos Hausas/Fulanis hate you. Do to others what you want done to you.

Rubbish!

Funny comment though. Seems you don't listen to news. Do you know that the Kurds people of Iraq just had an independence referendum. Can't the Ibos have an independence referendum too?

Can't Ibos be foreigners in Nigeria after gaining Biafra's independence?

You wrote as if your people are not leaving in Ibo land. As if your people don't have properties and investment in Ibo land.

Abeg, what progress has Nig achieved in the forceful union? By now, Nig should have been better than Saudi, but you wrote as if your land is so golden and economically prosperous.

If Nig dont want Biafra, they should develop the whole nation, and the Biafra Agitation will disappear into the wind.

Suffice to say that you pretend not to know that it is the oil in the south that is making the north to force unity on all. They share the oil wells among themselves, give the remaining revenue to the govt, and share poverty to the masses.

God help you

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by baralatie(m): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2017
DaBullIT:
So , Hausas have ruled the country for 50 years ? That is very sick, especially since Ibo brought the first coup / instability to Nigeria despite one of them being was it the premier or president of the country back then ?
solid point and the coup plotters practically resign d and enforced the legality of our pattern of government.
this is very true
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
baralatie:

solid point and the coup plotters practically resign d and enforced the legality of our pattern of government.
this is very true

It is a pity that all coup plotters have done so because they claim the incumbent government is corrupt. But unfortunately it is more of selfish reasons and has led to the backwardness of this nation
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by solutionsnow: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2017
ITbomb:

It is so pathetic that we are at the mercy of the northern people who have contributed too little to the development of this nation.

Our leaders in the south are conformable as long as they have their own share of the national cake
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 6:56am On Sep 28, 2017
Just recently, Kurds, the ethnic nationality with the largest number of oil well in Iraq has had an independence referendum. They were tormented by the Sadam Ussein's regim. But not they have formed an alliance with Israel (a military might), and this is giving them backbone against oppressor nations.
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 28, 2017
oneolajire:
Just recently, Kurds, the ethnic nationality with the largest number of oil well in Iraq has had an independence referendum. They were tormented by the Sadam Ussein's regim. But not they have formed an alliance with Israel (a military might), and this is giving them backbone against oppressor nations.

the leaders of the Kurds organized its referendum. the leaders of Igbo people believe their interest is well served in Nigeria than being in a land locked Biafra. so disregard what those youths with juvenile delinquencies are doing or saying. they don't know more than their elders. they are slaves to their emotion. when IBO's are ready, they will have Biafra organized by their legitimate leaders.
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by oneolajire(m): 8:29am On Sep 28, 2017
schoolboij:

the leaders of the Kurds organized its referendum. the leaders of Igbo people believe their interest is well served in Nigeria than being in a land locked Biafra. so disregard what those youths with juvenile delinquencies are doing or saying. they don't know more than their elders. they are slaves to their emotion. when IBO's are ready, they will have Biafra organized by their legitimate leaders.

I wrote in the thread that Ibo's Biafra struggle should be led by their politicians, but their politicians are more than comfortable in Nigeria.
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
oneolajire:

"" They must not make the mistake Ojukwu made. He refused to make proper consultation with his kinsmen, failed to plan""

This is a statement always made by people who had no knowledge about what led to the Nigerian civil war.

Secondly stop making any form of comparison with Catalonia fight for independence with the biafra war or the new biafra saga

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
[s]
schoolboij:

[/s]

ur country that is ocean opened what has it achieved since its independence?

I don't get where these illiterate Nigerians are coming from? there are countries in Europe that are land locked but performing even better than ur ocean opened shithole.

cone head.

1 Like

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by SouthEastFacts: 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
Alariwo2:

Rubbish!
Don't worry, Biafra will come one day and they will leave.

Then we will see who will suffer pass. If you are afraid of Restructuring, I wonder what you will say if the shi.thole is balkanized into about 4 independent countries.

But as far as we are all in this shi.thole together, nobody is moving an inch, and they will continue to agitate for Biafra. Kee yaself if you don't like.
Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by SouthEastFacts: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
schoolboij:

Deep down the mind of an average yorubas, they would prefer an independent Odoua nation.

But they lack the unity, coordination and courage to pursue an organised secessionist movement.

Yorubas are in Nigeria not because they like Nigeria, but because they are COWARDS.

I am sorry, but that is the FACT.

2 Likes

Re: My Points On Biafra/ipob Struggle‎ by gidgiddy: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
oneolajire:

True

We are not one

[3. Suffice to say that Igbos forgot their pursuit for self determination under GEJ, but unfortunately, PMB didn't handle the Ibos with care, but allow the Biafra situation to degenerated into a chaotic one. Lest I forget, PMB campaigned in SE while seeking for vote and picked up the name "Okechuckwu".  Does it mean PMB is not their president? Does it mean PMB can't appease the Ibos? 

It is not true that Igbos forgot self determination under GEJ. During GEJ's tenure, MASSOB under Uwazuruike gave him tough time.

The only people talking about war are Nigerians, the Biafran activists are talking about referendum. Also, Ojukwu did not have the time in the world to plan and consult. Gowon had announced the abolition of the Eastern Region and Ojukwu had to either accept the abolition or declare independence. Ojukwu had to act fast

We can't all be the same

Politicians in Igbo land and everywhere in Nigeria are only their for themselves, they don't care about the people.

There is nothing like a united Nigeria, there never was.

(1) (Reply)

Group Fires Back At US, Insists IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu Are Terrorists / You Are Biased In Your Anti- Corruption Campaign - Arewa Youth To Buhari / States Fiscal Sustainable Index 2017 Osun, Ekiti Oyo at bottom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.