Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign (963 Views)

Fayemi's Failed Mission To Villa With Giadom / Kogi Orders NCDC Officials On Fact-Finding Mission To Go On 14-Day Isolation / Rivers State On Lockdown, All Borders Closed Over Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by maestrojay(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Kwara State on a Mission to eliminate malaria through the LLIN Campaign

The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) and a consortium of Global fund, Catholic Relief service (CRS) and Chemonics are working enormously to eliminate malaria, a major burden in Kwara state through the use of Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLIN).

Following the revelation that Kwara state is one of the states with the highest burden of malaria including other states, such as; Osun, Ondo, Imo, Adamawa, Edo. The government of Kwara state has sprung to action in the 16 LGAs of the state to eliminate malaria especially for children under 5 and pregnant women who are the most vulnerable of the population.

The Kwara state commissioner of Health, Dr Sulaiman Atolagbe Alege reiterates that the health of the people of kwara state will continue to be a priority to the government and the distribution of LLIN will help to fight malaria which poses as a threat to the population in Kwara state.

Also speaking about the campaign, The director of Public Health for Kwara state Ministry of Health, who also is the state team lead of the LLIN mass campaign, Dr Tosin Fakayode elucidated on the impact of the campaign so far and he revealed that 90% of households have been given a net card which will qualify people to get the nets which will be distributed from 29th September, 2017. He advised that people should keep their net cards and be guided not to pay any amount for it as it is free.

He said ‘’about 1.7million net cards have been distributed in all the wards in the LGAs. We appreciate the support of the traditional and religious leaders for the acceptance of the initiative which has made the campaign effective and we thank the government for creating an enabling environment which has aided the campaign”.

The state support team lead, Mr Mela Danjin explained that the campaign will help to inculcate net culture in people in order to form the habit of using the LLIN that will be distributed to them. He said, the campaign will also help to address myths and misconceptions about the use of the net.

With the collective efforts of state supervisors, state monitors, Primary health Care directors, health educators, independent monitors, ward supervisors, household mobilizers, malaria focal persons, LGA Chairman and support from the Village heads, the LLIN campaign to eliminate Malaria is ongoing and in top gear in Kwara state.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Pls lets make the world know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by maestrojay(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
more pictures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by maestrojay(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
We hope other states would emulate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by Fizah: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
ok
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by LordIsaac(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
You will also wear insecticiɗe nets to work aɓi...ruɓɓish innovation. It can only reɗuce prevalence rate not eradicate.
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by FSBoperator: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
Zika loading...

Make una dey use the same nets that spread Zika virus in Brazil
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by aNairalander: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
LordIsaac:
You will also wear insecticiɗe nets to work aɓi...ruɓɓish innovation. It can only reɗuce prevalence rate not eradicate.

Lmao....
height of savagery

1 Like

Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by JollyG(f): 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
LordIsaac:

Do you sleep at the workplace too? undecided
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by JollyG(f): 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
I have my net card already and I'm looking forward to getting my free net. Thanks to global fund and CRS for this initiative.

Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by LordIsaac(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
JollyG:

Do you sleep at the workplace too? undecided
Mosquitoes know no ɓounɗaries. Trust me on this.
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by JollyG(f): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2017
LordIsaac:

Mosquitoes know no ɓounɗaries. Trust me on this.
Sure it doesn't, but you don't have to call it a rubbish innovation. Since most Mosquitoes are Nocturnal creatures, they feed on their prey when they are asleep.
Unlike in the day when you can control them from biting you.
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by LordIsaac(m): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2017
JollyG:

Sure it doesn't, but you don't have to call it a rubbish innovation. Since most Mosquitoes are Nocturnal creatures, they feed on their prey when they are asleep.
Unlike in the day when you can control them from biting you.
Anƴ, not most, mosquitoes can spreaɗ malaria. They shoulɗ try vaccines...I learnt it is availaɓle in some African countries alreaɗy. Net?.....spare me.
Re: Kwara State On Mission To Eliminate Malaria through the LLIN Campaign by maestrojay(m): 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
LordIsaac:

Anƴ, not most, mosquitoes can spreaɗ malaria. They shoulɗ try vaccines...I learnt it is availaɓle in some African countries alreaɗy. Net?.....spare me.

Slow and steady bruh...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Scandal:How Abba Kyari And Jalal Arabi Undermined The State House Medical Centre / How True Is This? / Fani-kayode Reacts To Tinubu’s Claim That Jonathan Won Gold In Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.