Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram (1746 Views)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / The Fasting Of The 9th And 10th Day Of Muharram / "6 Days Of Bonanza": The Fast Of 9th, 10th & Other Days Of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2017
al-Rayyan ibn Shabeeb said:

I went to see Al-Ridha (as) on the first day of the (Arabic) month of Muharram. The Imam (as) said, ‘O Ibn Shabeeb! Are you fasting?’ I answered, ‘No.’ The Imam (as) said,

‘Today is the day on which Zakariya prayed to his Lord – the Honorable the Exalted, ‘There did Zakariya pray to his Lord, saying, ‘O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a
progeny that is pure: for Thou art He that heareth prayer!’’ [3:38] And God fulfilled his prayer and ordered the angels to call Zakariya ‘While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him, ‘(Allah) doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah, and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a Prophet, of the (goodly) company of the righteous.’’ [3:39] Therefore, just as God fulfilled the prayers of Zakariya, the Honorable the Exalted God will fulfill the prayers of whoever fasts on this day, and asks God for something
.’
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2017
The Imam (as) then added, ‘O Ibn Shabeeb! Muharram is the month in which the people of the Age of Ignorance had
forbidden committing any oppression and fighting in. However, this nation did not recognize the honor of this month or the honor of their own Prophet (sawa). In this month, they killed the Prophet’s offspring, they enslaved the women, and took their belongings as booty. God will never forgive them
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 8:56am On Sep 22, 2017
O Ibn Shabeeb! If you wish to cry, then cry for Al-Hussein ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) who was slaughtered like a ram, and was killed along with the members of his household. Eighteen people were martyred along with Al-Hussein (as) who had no equal on Earth. The seven heavens and the
Earths mourned for his martyrdom. Four thousand angels descended to the Earth to assist him (Imam Hussein) (as). However, Al-Hussein (as) was destined to be martyred. They will remain at his shrine with disorderly hair and dusty in apprearance until the Riser (Imam al-Mahdi) (s) rises. Then they will be among those who will assist him (as). Their slogan will be Ya li tharat Al-Hussein (Revenge for Al-Hussein’s blood!)

O Ibn Shabeeb! My father narrated that his father (as) quoted on the authority of his grandfather (as) that when they murdered my grandfather Al-Hussein (as), the heavens cried (dark) red blood and dirt.

O Ibn Shabeeb! If you cry for Al-Hussein (as) in such a way that tears flow down your cheeks, then God will forgive all the sins that you have committed whether they be minor or major, whether they be a few instances or a lot.

O Ibn Shabeeb! If it would make you happy to meet the Honorable the Exalted God without having any sins then go to visit (the Shrine of) Al-Hussein (as).

O Ibn Shabeeb! If it would make you happy to accompany the Prophet (s) in the rooms of Paradise, then curse the murderers of Al-Hussein (as).

O Ibn Shabeeb! If it would make you happy to be rewarded just as those who were martyred along with Al-Hussein ibn Ali (as), whenever you remember Al-Hussein (s) say, ‘I wish I was with them and could achieve the great prosperity.’

O Ibn Shabeeb! If it would make you happy to be in the same high ranks in Paradise with us, then be sad when we are sad and be happy when we are happy, and I advise you to have us since the Honorable the Exalted God will resurrect whoever even likes a rock with that same rock on the Resurrection Day.””
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by iamgenius(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2017
OMG! Raafidhi has started again.

1 Like

Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 9:05am On Sep 22, 2017
Sanad : Muhammad ibn Ali Majiluwayh – may God be pleased with him -narrated that Ali ibn Ibrahim ibn Hashem quoted on the authority of his father, on the authority of al-Rayyan ibn Shabeeb who narrated the above hadith

Source : `Uyoun Akhbaar al-Ridha, Sh. al-Sadooq, Volume 1, Chapter 28, Hadith #57 (See First Image below);al-Amaali al-Sadooq, Assembly 27, Hadith #5 (See Second Image below)

Grading : Sh. Basheer al-Najafi said it was a>reliable hadith [Mawsu`at Ahaadeeth Ahlulbayt (as), Volume 2, Pages 77-78

Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Demmzy15(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2017
AlBaqir, sha post video of yourself slapping and beating yourself while calling all the martyrs not just Imam Hussain. When I mean all martyrs, this should include Abubakar, Umar and Uthman who were also killed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Empiree: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
^^

Outside Of Western World That nonsense usually takes place. This in muharam procession in NYC

Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
Demmzy15:
When I mean all martyrs, this should include Abubakar, Umar and Uthman who were also killed.

* Kindly post for the world to see if your 3 candidates' death is anything near that of Hussein in the below challenge:

1. No angel not to mentions many angels EVER revealed to the Prophet the news of those 3 sunni Khulafah.

2. Therefore, Our Nabi NEVER commemorate the death of Abu Bakr, Umar or Uthman. He never cried for their death.

3. And crying for their sake attracts nothing.

* In case of Imam Hussain (alayhi salam),

# Different angels broke the news to the Prophet before Hussein was even born, after he was born, and Nabi on those occasions cried before the death of Hussein, and angels gave our Nabi handful of soil on which Hussein will be murdered (the blesses soil of kar'bala) while consoling him.

# Even after the demise of Nabi, "he was seen" on the plain of Karbala with dusty head and body moving up and down disturbed collecting blood of Hussein and his companions.

# Crying for the sake of Hussein and ahlulbayt attract Jannah.
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Empiree:
^^

Outside Of Western World That nonsense usually takes place. This in muharam procession in NYC

# What are they doing? Celebrating the Bid'ah new year or commemorating the death of Imam Hussein (alayhi salam)?

# And why in front of "commission of Human right"?
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Empiree: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

# What are they doing? Celebrating the Bid'ah new year or commemorating the death of Imam Hussein (alayhi salam)?

# And why in front of "commission of Human right"?
I honestly don't even know. Just screenshot as is. Sunni Muslims are generally not known to go out and celebrate muhaharam ( Islamic hijra or commemorating death). So I would imagine these are Shia.

I can't tell if they deliberately did this in front of human right building. They might be passing by. I don't know how human rights office got to do with them. Looking closely shows they are not close to the buildings. It is camera thing
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Demmzy15(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
^^^Who's talking about Imam Abdullah (Abubakr) Ibn Abi Quhafah, Imam Umar Ibn Al Khattab and Imam Uthman Ibn Affan? - may Allaah be pleased with them-

I'm talking about:

1. Abu Bakr Ibn Hassan bin Ali bin Abi Talib

2. Abu Bakr Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib (i.e. BROTHER of Al-Hussein whose mother was Layla bint Mas’ud bin Khalid Ruba’i)

3. Omar Ibn Ali bin Abi Talib (ANOTHER brother of Al-Hussein whose mother was Sahba bint Rubi’ah)

4. Omar Ibn Hassan Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib

5. Uthman Ibn Ali bin Abi Talib (yet ANOTHER brother of Al-Hussein)

Shi'as slap and beat themselves over infants who died on the battlefields, so we need to see you beating yourselves over this great martyrs some of who weren't infants but great men who fought against oppression.

As you said some years back when I raised a question concerning beating:

AlBaqir:

As for Albaqir, I weep, I cry, I beat my chest for the family of the Prophet esp. Imam al-Hussein (alayhi Salam).

So they're the families of the Prophet and we need video evidence for this, even if you don't show your face, just want to see you hitting yourself bitterly and profusely. If you are tired, I could be of some assistance, I go beat you ehn!!!
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
^^^
Demmzy15, it doesn't matter whoever it is. Even if it is "Aisha" bint Ali, or "Hafsa" bint Fatima. The challenge still stand.

# Bring prove that Nabi ever commemorate anybody the way he did for Imam Hussain. Its as simple as that!
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Demmzy15(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^
Demmzy15, it doesn't matter whoever it is. Even if it is "Aisha" bint Ali, or "Hafsa" bint Fatima. The challenge still stand.

# Bring prove that Nabi ever commemorate anybody the way he did for Imam Hussain. Its as simple as that!
[font=serif]That's not the issue, I'm not in the mood for any long arguments. I made this challenge months ago on Imam Ali Rida thread, so please were waiting for you!

1 Like

Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Demmzy15(m): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
For the records, you Shias are known to weep and lament over infant who died. So why not give respects to those who actually fought and died there too?

I even read somewhere that a Christian also died protecting Al Husayn(I don't know how true, it might be shia fables), so why ignore all this individuals? It's hypocritical and biased!
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
Demmzy15:
For the records, you Shias are known to weep and lament over infant who died. So why not give respects to those who actually fought and died there too?

I even read somewhere that a Christian also died protecting Al Husayn(I don't know how true, it might be shia fables), so why ignore all this individuals? It's hypocritical and biased!

# Obviously, you are like someone who only peep via the fence having very little knowledge of what's going on inside. Let me break it down for you:

# We commemorate the calamity of Ashura for 10 days starting from day 1 of Muharram to day 10.

# All over shia world and communities, there are usually daily majalis whereby speakers recount what happened in Karbala each day - and moment by moment till the end when Imam Hussain was killed.

# No martyr of Karbala was ever ignored. Even, the brave Jon, a black African, freed slave of Abu Dhar (R) has his night majlis. Likewise the Christian you read about.

# Each night, our Du'a is usually:

"as-Salam ala al-Hussein, wa ala Aliyy ibn al-Hussein, wa ala awladi al-Hussein, wa ala as’abi al-Hussein...aledhina badalu muhajahum dunal Hussein, alayhi salam.”

Peace be upon al-Husayn, and upon `Ali ibn al-Husayn, and upon the sons of al-Husayn, and upon the companions of al-Husayn...those who sacrificed their souls in defense of al-Husayn, peace be upon him

3 Likes

Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
Demmzy15,

# In addition to the above: All the gallant companions of Imam Hussain were buried at the exact location they were killed, including Hazrat Abu Fazl Abbas (as) who was killed near the river Euphrates. Each one of them has their shrine where people do Ziyarat.

This video is in episode and gives excellent description of the journey to Karbala:
www.ahlulbayt.tv/blog/the-steps-of-hussain/

# You wonder why the shout is more audible for Hussein, Hussein, Hussein!!!

Here's Nabi: Imam Tirmidhi documents:

Narrated Ya'la bin Murrah: that the Messenger of Allah (s ) said:

"Husain is from me, and I am from Husain. Allah loves
whoever loves Husain. Husain is a Sibt among the
Asbat."...

English reference : Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3775
Arabic reference : Book 49, Hadith 4144

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/49
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Demmzy15(m): 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
^^I have no problem with you slapping and beating yourselves over Imam Hussain(may Allaah be pleased with him), but my main contention is why other martyrs have been ignored. Even in processions where lectures about the event is narrated, they are ignored. The most annoying part is, even the infant Ali Al Asghar is celebrated while Abubakr Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib(may Allaah's mercy be bestowed upon him) who fought is shoved aside.

You'll see some Shi'as with pamphlets and banners with other martyrs but ignore others who actually fought and died. I was watching a video some years back when a woman claimed Aboo-Fadhl Al-‘Abbas cured her on the day of Ashura, what nonsense?!

There's no doubt that Shi'as are hypocrites, for you AlBaqir to show us here of how you're truly following the Ahl Bayt. Please post a video of yourself, beating yourself(or whatever you do) mentioning "Ya Abubakr!!! Ya Umar!! Ya Uthman!" Shame the devil!
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 2:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Demmzy15:
^^ The most annoying part is, even the infant Ali Al Asghar is celebrated while Abubakr Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib(may Allaah's mercy be bestowed upon him) who fought is shoved aside.

You'll see some Shi'as with pamphlets and banners with other martyrs but ignore others who actually fought and died.

# 72 were martyred and all of them no doubt are leaders in Jannah. We send our Salam to them all.

* Why are you continuously repeating Abubakr Ibn Ali? You think he was a "sunni" and have any connection with a certain Abubakr, the caliph?

* Why repeating Abubakr, and not for example, Anas Ibn al-Harith, or John Ibn Huwai, or Hajjaj ibn Badr etc? Was there any speciality in Abubakr Ibn Ali greater than others?

# Kindly step out of your daddy's house and attend a shia marasim on the day of Ashura where all the names of martyrs are being repeated with loud salawat, then you will see (hear) whether we have resentment for Abubakr Ibn Ali.

# If you have the chance, visit Karbala and come and see for yourself the Qabr of Abubakr Ibn Ali, and others, and how shia do their respective Ziyarat.

# Please stop playing silly ignorant card. Ordinary cry you no fit for Hussein, na one Abubakr you dey repeat.
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:11am On Sep 26, 2017
@AlBaqir .. i understood your pains bro .. and its intelectually right to do. . BUT this is islam. .one have to be extremely careful .. the best human after rasul, abubakr did not "do what u people does when rasul died, so does umar for abubakr ..and the list goes on. "and whatever any imam tells you, and does n0t have proof in quran or hadith or the proof does n0t correspond.. just ign0re it
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Al.Baqir .. i understood your pains bro .. and its intelectually right to do. .

# Which of my "pain(s)" you understood?

ShaheedBinAliyu:

BUT this is islam. .one have to be extremely careful .. the best human after rasul, abubakr did not "do what u people does when rasul died, so does umar for abubakr ..and the list goes on.

# And who asked you to follow Abubakr or Umar in your deen, your alleged " best human after Rasul"?

ShaheedBinAliyu:

"and whatever any imam tells you, and does n0t have proof in quran or hadith or the proof does n0t correspond.. just ign0re it

# Which "Imam" asked you to do a thing?!

# Our case is very simple for there are sahih ahadith in your books (Ahlu Sunnah) which you ignored and sweep under the carpet that:

1. Even before the birth of Hussein, Nabi (salallahu alayhi wa ahli) used to cry for his murder which to happen after him

2. After the birth of Hussein, Nabi used to cry for his murder which will happen after his (Nabi's) death

3. At alam al-barzakh, Nabi went to Karbala disturbed and mournful for the death of Hussein, alayhi salam.

You can wet your appetite on this thread for evidences on those three points:
www.nairaland.com/3394720/prophet-day-ashura-
significance-ashura

# And here's Imam Hussain (alayhi salam) saying:

In the book Fadail as-Sahabah of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal,
vol. 2, p. 675, # 1154, there is this sahih Sunni hadith:
Narrated al-Rabi' b. Munzir:

Husayn b. 'Ali used to say: "Anyone whose eyes are filled with tears for our sake, or tears drop from his eyes for our sake, Allah the Almighty, the Most Glorious will reward him with the Paradise."
Link: http://islamport.com/w/ajz/Web/2294/1170.htm
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AlBaqir .1. pains as in that our beloved prophet son was killed..in iraq.. 2. Prophet muhammad told us to follow them.He appointed abubakr as khalifa before he died,so does abubakr does umar,umar does uthman and the list goes on. 3. The imam you keep quoting..all he said was his words, no delil. 4. please do quote those hadiths..with their isnad.. What is the proof of what Imam hussain said concerning a drop of tears and ALLAH'S mercy
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
@AlBaqir .1. pains as in that our beloved prophet son was killed..in iraq..

# Thanks for associating such pain to me. Do you feel the same pain that the Ummah of Muhammad, salallahu alayhi wa ahli, murdered his beloved son, al-Hussein, alayhi salam?

ShaheedBinAliyu:

2. Prophet muhammad told us to follow them.He appointed abubakr as khalifa before he died,so does abubakr does umar,umar does uthman and the list goes on.

# That is a gross lie against our Nabi. The onus is on your shoulder to provide reliable evidence(s) to support your fairy tale.

ShaheedBinAliyu:

3. The imam you keep quoting..all he said was his words, no delil.

# No dalil? Have you ever heard of the Prophet's command to all mankind in a Mutawattir Hadith called, "Hadith al-Thaqalayn"?

# That is my dalil.

ShaheedBinAliyu:

4. please do quote those hadiths..with their isnad.. What is the proof of what Imam hussain said concerning a drop of tears and ALLAH'S mercy

# That is exactly why a link is given to you to check the Hadith in Arabic with its isnad. All you need do is " a click".

# And the prove of the word of Imam al-Hussein, alayhi salam:

* Again Hadith al-Thaqalayn (Hadith of two weighty things)
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AlBaqir 1. ofcourse i do 2. abu dawood 4660 and 4661, bukhari volume 5, book 57, number 6,7,11 . 3. No, please do quote the hadith and explain 4. HAVE gOne through the link, all the hadith u quoted through imam ahmad, saw its isnad also, BUT WHICH BOOK OF HADITHS ARE THOSE HADITH IN?
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
1. ofcourse i do

# Alhamdulillah

ShaheedBinAliyu:

2. abu dawood 4660 and 4661, bukhari volume 5, book 57, number 6,7,11 .

Really wonder shall never ends in this weird world. Scholars of Ahlu Sunnah are comfortable to interpret the alleged appointment of Abu Bakr to lead Salat during the fatal illness of the Prophet, to mean his "appointment as Khalifah after the Prophet", whereas the clear, daunting and exclusive statements of the Prophet appointing 'Ali as his successor (Khalifah) fell into deaf hears. For example this sahih Hadith:

" The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. And you are my Khalifah over every believer after me."

# EXAMINATION OF THE HADITH

# The bulk of hadith on Abu Bakr's lead in Salat were reported by 'Aishah, and Anas. Other narration from others are carbon-copies of the two.

However, going through ALL these narration expose lots of contradiction, falsity and unimaginable claims and inconsistency in these ahadith.

# On one hand, some hadith claims Abu Bakr led people in Salat, other hadith claimed he never led any Salat that before he even started, the Prophet took over. Yet, some hadith claim Prophet named Abu Bakr to lead the Salat, other says the Prophet rules ANYONE can lead the Salat.

# Yet, some hadith claim Abu Bakr even led the Prophet himself in Salat, some hadith says it was the Prophet who led, and Abu Bakr was behind him; other ahadith even claimed Prophet NEVER came out to join the Prayer till he died. An inconsistent narration like these is never accepted as valid prove.

It will be cumbersome in this reply to present ALL of these ahadith. The following however will be presented where readers can see fatal contradictions:

1. Imam Ibn Hibban (d. 354H) records:
'Aisha: Abu Bakr led the people in Salat while the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, was in the congregational row BEHIND him.

'Allamah al-Albani comments: Sahih

And, Shayk al-Arnaut concurs: Its chain is Sahih upon the standard of al-Bukhari.

Source: Sahih Ibn Hibban, vol. 5, p. 483, #2117}

2. Imam Tirmidhi (d. 279H) also documents:

'Aishah: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, performed salat in a sitting posture BEHIND Abu Bakr during his fatal illness."

'Al-Albani comments: Sahih

Source: Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Tirmidhi, vol. 2, p. 196, #362

On the contrary

3. Imam al-Nasai (d. 303H) records:
'Aishah: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, ordered Abu Bakr to lead the people in Salat."

She said: The Prophet, peace be upon him, was IN FRONT of Abu Bakr, and he performed the salat in a sitting posture while Abu Bakr led the people in salat and the people were behind Abu Bakr.

Al-Albani comments: Sahih

Source: Al-Mujtaba min al-Sunan, vol. 2, p. 83, #797

WAS ABU BAKR EVEN QUALIFIED TO LEAD PEOPLE IN SALAT LET ALONE THE PROPHET?

"O you who believe! Do not lead in front of Allah and His Messenger, and fear Allah.." {Q. 49:1}

Imam al-Mubarakfuri (d. 1282H):
"...it is NOT correct to lead in front of him (the Prophet) in Salat or in anything else, whether due to an excuse or otherwise."

Source: Tuhfat al-Ahwazi bi Sharh Jami al-Tirmidhi vol. 2, p. 294

Al-Hafiz also writes:
"...it is NOT correct to lead in front of him, due to the prohibition of that by Allah."

Source: Fath al-Bari Sharh al-Bukhari, vol. 2, p. 146

This renders useless those hadith that alleged that Abu Bakr led the Prophet in Salat.

PROPHET's CRITERIA OF APPOINTING IMAM IN SALAT

# Imam Ahmad (d. 241H) records:

Al-Ash'ari led his companions in a salat...So, al-'Ashari said, "...Verily, the Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him, gave us a sermon and taught us our Sunnah, and explained to us our salat. So, he said, 'Establish your congregational rows. Then, the best reciter among you should be your Imam."

Shaykh al-Arnaut says: Its chain is sahih upon the standard of (Imam) Muslim.

Source: Musnad, vol. 4, p. 409, #19680

Imam Muslim further records:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "Whenever there are three persons, one of them should be their Imam. The most entitled to be the Imam among them is the best reciter among them.
Source: Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, p. 464, #672 (289)}

So, who was the best reciter? Abu Bakr was NEVER even among the reciters let alone the best. Imam al-Bukhari records:

'Amr b. 'Ali - Yahya - Sufyan - Habib - Sa'id b. Jubayr - Ibn Abbas:

'Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "The best reciter among us is Ubayy, and the best judge among us is 'Ali."

Source: Al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol. 4, p. 1628, #4211}

ABU BAKR WAS LED IN SALAT BY A FREED SLAVE

Imam al-Bukhari records: Ibn 'Umar:

Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hudhayfah, used to lead the earliest Muhajirun and the Sahabah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, in Salat in the Mosque of Quba. Among them were Abu Bakr, 'Umar, Abu Salamah, and Amir b. Rabi'ah."

Source: Al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar, vol. 6, p. 2625, #6754

Imam Ibn Abi Shaybah (d. 235H) and Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also document this hadith.

So what's the fuss as to the alleged Abu Bakr's "leadership" in Salat if at all it was true?! Leading people in Salat NEVER in anyway translate to Khilafah.
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:

3. No, please do quote the hadith and explain

# Like I said, Hadith al-Thaqalayn is Mutawattir. Let me quote just two as documented by Imam Tirmidhi:

# Narrated Zaid bin Arqam, may Allah be pleased
with both of them: that the Messenger of Allah ( s) said:

"Indeed, I am leaving among you, that which if you hold fast to them, you shall not be misguided after me. One of them is greater than the other: The Book of Allah is a rope extended from the sky to the earth, and my family - the people of my house (wa itratih Ahl al-Baytih) - and they shall not split until they meet at the Hawd, so look at how you deal with them after me."

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)
English reference : Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3788
Arabic reference : Book 49, Hadith 4157

# Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
"[i]I saw the Messenger of Allah during his Hajj, on the Day of 'Arafah. He was upon his camel Qaswa, giving a Khutbah, so he said: 'O people! Indeed, I have left among you, that which if you hold fast to it, you shall not go astray: The Book of Allah and my family, the people of my house (wa itratih Ahl al-Baytih).'"

Grade : Sahih (Darussalam)

English reference : Vol. 1, Book 46, Hadith 3786
Arabic reference : Book 49, Hadith 4155

https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/49

ShaheedBinAliyu:

4. HAVE gOne through the link, all the hadith u quoted through imam ahmad, saw its isnad also, BUT WHICH BOOK OF HADITHS ARE THOSE HADITH IN?

# Alhamdulillah

# I am confident that all my evidences are well referenced. Names, volume, page, publisher, date, links, annotator are always given for verifications.

# If you have problem with any of the references, consult your sheik to confirm it.
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by Empiree: 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
cheesy grin
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AlBaqir . i quoted like 5 different hadith with different narrations. . You only reply just one out of 5. . #my question to you, You quoted a hadith to counter the hadith from Al Tirmidi (abubakar leading muslims with prophet in 1st rowed) Al Mujtaba Min Ahlu Sunnah. . . . . .which book of hadith is that? and its from it you quoted the counter hadith. . .and SAHIH AL MUKTASAR too. . EXPLAIN YOURSELF. . PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AlBaqir . .I have gone through your reference. . you quoted imam Ahmad throughout with page numbers and isnad . . BUT YOU DID NOT WRITE THE NAME OF THE BOOK YOU FOUND THE QUOTED HADITHS. .GO AND CHECK IT AGAIN. . MY QUESTION TO YOU DUDE, just post the name of the book of hadith that imam ahmad use in supporting his claims
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
@AlBaqir .. what then do your imam hussein you keep quoting his words has to do with ahlu bait? ..even if he is AN AHLU BAYT, whatever he say in the matter of islam, he must bring delil. even abubakar,umar,uthman,ali,aeesha and every other people must bring proof . . ONLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD IS UNFALIABLE
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
. i quoted like 5 different hadith with different narrations. . You only reply just one out of 5. . #my question to you, You quoted a hadith to counter the hadith from Al Tirmidi (abubakar leading muslims with prophet in 1st rowed)

# You quoted just two Hadith - one from Abu Dawud and the other from Bukhari.

# The Hadith in Abu Dawud is about the alleged leading of Abubakr in Salat and that has been dealt with.

# As per the one in Bukhari, you will have to do better in your reference. I absolutely do not know which ones you are referring to. Here's a proper website for sahih Bukhari:

https://sunnah.com/bukhari

Kindly quote the Hadith properly.

ShaheedBinAliyu:

Al Mujtaba Min Ahlu Sunnah. . . . . .which book of hadith is that? and its from it you quoted the counter hadith. . .and SAHIH AL MUKTASAR too. . EXPLAIN YOURSELF. . PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE

# Imagine that?!

Anyway, the real name of popular "sahih Bukhari" is al-Jami al-Sahih al-Mukhtasar.

# As per the second book, it is written by Imam al-Nasai and al-Albani did its tahqiq; here's the full reference of it:

Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Aḥmad b. Shu’ayb al-Nasāī, al-Mujtabā min al-Sunan (Ḥalab: Maktab al-Maṭbū’āt al-Islāmiyyah; 2nd edition, 1406 H) [annotator: Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn al-Albānī], vol. 2, p. 83, # 797
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
@AlBaqir . .I have gone through your reference. . you quoted imam Ahmad throughout with page numbers and isnad . . BUT YOU DID NOT WRITE THE NAME OF THE BOOK YOU FOUND THE QUOTED HADITHS. .GO AND CHECK IT AGAIN. . MY QUESTION TO YOU DUDE, just post the name of the book of hadith that imam ahmad use in supporting his claims

# Imagine how you continue to challenge me on your ignorance?! Obviously you are not familiar with Islamic books except the likes of "sahih Bukhari and sahih Muslim" which you don't even know their original names.

# Go back to those references, settle down and read one after the other and you will see names (of books) like Fadha'il sahabah, Musnad. Those are the names of the books you are scrabbling.
Re: Advice From Imam Al-ridha (as) For The Month Of Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
@AlBaqir .. what then do your imam hussein you keep quoting his words has to do with ahlu bait? ..even if he is AN AHLU BAYT, whatever he say in the matter of islam, he must bring delil. even abubakar,umar,uthman,ali,aeesha and every other people must bring proof . . ONLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD IS UNFALIABLE

# That's why we refer you to the Hadith Thaqalain which you've never heard of. I have quoted two of those Hadith for you: As you follow the words of Quran unconditionally, so also Nabi ask you to follow the dictates of his itrah, the Ahl al-Bayt for they will never separate from the Qur'an for that is where your salvation lies as Nabi clearly stated.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arabel / Best Night Prayer In Islam? / Listening To Ramadan With The Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.