Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p (7120 Views)

Please , What Is The Full Meaning Of Mr Or Mrs We Attach To Our Names ? / What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? / The meaning of " la vida loca" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Fortunehunter(m): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2017
In every wedding invitation card , we often see such writings like 'R.S.V.P, Which many of us easily interpret as R= Rice, S= Stew, V= Very, P= Plenty.

Is this the true meaning? If not, what does it stand for?.
Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2017
grin

Chaaai...lemme take note of this.

Lemme ask iamSinz sha coz when his wedding comes, i want him to write RSVP too in the invitation letter so i can give it to someone who serves the food in the reception area grin
Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Samsimple(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2017
Delta weed making people mad since 1959

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by RHARPHELLE99(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2017
In the context of social invitations, RSVP is a process for a response from the invited person or people. It is an initialism derived from the French phrase Répondez s'il vous plaît meaning "Please respond". The acronym "RSVP" or the phrase "Répondez s'il vous plaît" are sometimes still used in current French to require confirmation of an invitation. [1] [ better source needed ]
Its literal translation is "Reply if it pleases you", but this is not its true meaning in English usage.
Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Fortunehunter(m): 9:55am On Sep 22, 2017
Thank you very much for your informations
Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by IamSINZ(m): 10:04am On Sep 22, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Chaaai...lemme take note of this.

Lemme ask iamSinz sha coz when his wedding comes, i want him to write RSVP too in the invitation letter so i can give it to someone who serves the food in the reception area grin

Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by Fortunehunter(m): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
@Samsimple, If l catch you ee,
Re: The Full Meaning Of R.s.v.p by RSVP: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
Watin I do una for dis thread na embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Hear Your Mama Hear Your Papa / Breaking: (photos) Nigerians And Other Blacks Being Killed Painfully In Libya / PHOTOS: 16-yrs Old Girl Caught Having Sex With 52 Men In Bush At Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.