Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,303 members, 7,829,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings (1609 Views)

Nigeria Moves Two Places Up In Latest FIFA Ranking. / Nigeria Drops Four Point In FIFA Rankings / Eagles Now 30th In FIFA Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by dinsky: 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=103

The latest edition of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking reveals two changes of position in the top ten, as well as the return of a team that were European champions not so long ago.

Spain continue to lead the way ahead of Brazil and the Netherlands at the top, but further back Germany (5th, up 1) and Portugal (6th, down 1) swap places, as do England (8th, up 1) and Argentina (9th, down 1).

Greece (10th, up 2) also return to the top ten for the first time since June 2008. Their fortunes are in sharp contrast to those of Egypt, last month’s major movers. The CAF Africa Cup of Nations winners fall seven places and are now in 17th place. The Pharaohs are still the highest-placed African team, however, just ahead of Cameroon (20th), Nigeria (21st) and Côte d’Ivoire (22nd).

The majority of changes in this month’s ranking are due to the devaluation of results from last year. Korea DPR (102nd, down 17) have fallen significantly, for example, due to the devaluation of their victory over Saudi Arabia in a 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ qualifying match last year.

Teams inside the top 50 that have benefited from the devaluation of past results include Serbia (13th, up 6), Slovenia (27th, up 6) and Slovakia (31st, up 5). Two teams – Montenegro (71st, up 1) and the Comoros Islands (175th, up 1) – are currently in their highest-ever position on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

Thirty-one matches, all friendlies, have been taken into account in this edition of the Ranking, taking the total number of international 'A' matches played so far in 2010 to 98.

More movement can be expected in the next edition of the ranking as a considerable number of matches will be played on 3 March, a date reserved for friendly matches in the international match calendar. It is an opportunity for many teams, not just those who have qualified for South Africa 2010, to make progress in the ranking.
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by hollandis(f): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
Now I know the ranking is wack,No competitive game has been played since the last ranking was published.Deceptive people
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by omar22(m): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
I once saw Nigeria in 15th position I said this is false because I dont think Nigeria are the 15th best team in the world?
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by omar22(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
I once saw Nigeria in 15th position I said this is false because I dont think Nigeria are the 15th best team in the world?
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Litmus: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2010
We've dropped in rankings, that will only make Nigerians happier grin grin
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by FBS: 9:31am On Mar 05, 2010
I care not. FIFA ranking system is a JOKE!
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by ichommy(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2010
FBS:

I care not. FIFA ranking system is a JOKE!

What if Nigeria is number 1
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by FBS: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2010
ichommy:

What if Nigeria is number 1
Same. I will gladly exchange that for the World Cup itself.
If Nigeria wins cheesy, every other thing will follow.
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
i know nigerias rank will increase by at least 4 points, almost all the teams above us lost their game so we will rise in the rankings (maybe top 20 in the world). . . but that does not matter. . . what matters is making an impact in the world cup which i think we will do. when u least expect the eagles to perform, they soar beyond your imagination. . . i hope it is that way in this cup

by the way, nigeria WILL DEFINITELY win greece. senegal won greece. nigeria can take on senegal any time, any day. os nigeria should win greece without a big deal.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE BIG GAME (NIGERIA vs ARGENTINA)
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by DoubleN(m): 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
Laughing in Efik!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
Rankings are relative to the overall performance of the pool used. so if everybody plays competitions regularly (we drop cos we don't). if they don't, we rise grin

Don't we always need some team to drop so we can look good wink
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Ben13: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
Someone should pls put down the list on hia. . . my browser can't browse the site properly.

I knew it FIFA made a mistake few weeks ago cheesy
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by 12large: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2010
what the hell are you people talking about, right now nigeria is as good as france, we can win them again tomorrow if we play them. so if france is ranked in top 10 then nigeria should be at leat top 12
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Spyker: 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
Makes no difference to me, whether we are ranked 20th or 1st in as much as our hearts are always in our mouth whenever we play, i prefer no rankings at all.
The team that almost cost millions of Nigerians heart attack en route South Africa and at the Nations cup, what else do you expect from such a team. First class rankings?
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by 190: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
9ja, top 21
infact i wanted to see them in top 221st rather~
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Nescoemmy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2010
to be sincere nigeria is not even worth being the 45th country in the world let alone being 21st, i wonder the accuracy of this their ranking
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Bongoman1: 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by sulad82i(m): 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2010
The ranking is just to make u see shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Bongoman1: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2010
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by chidyke77(m): 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
This rise and fall issue in fifa ranking is rubbish to me,
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by DualCore1: 10:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
Bla Bla Blatter
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by hbrednic: 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2010
real garbage
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by splashbaby(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2010
omar22:

How can lack lustre eagles maintain a borrowed position? never, with NFF rogues still in the glass house
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Dokki: 12:56am On Mar 07, 2010
At least they are not last grin
We have done zero to deserve that ranking.
Maybe it is a typographical error and they meant to write "Niger"

LOL!

D
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Bongoman1: 9:17am On Mar 07, 2010
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by phanty(f): 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2010
please nigerians stop sittin on a long thing arent u amazed u re at dat spot?

instance: afcon how well we did should tell us where we re supposed to be in dis rankin cos i 4 1 believe dat we re dere cos of

d performance of maybe our u-21, u-17, d falconets, eaglets but definitely not cos of super eagles.

we should be in recess rankin, if dere s anythin like dat
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Ayemokhia: 8:20pm On Mar 07, 2010
if them fall go 1000, no b new tin cos our boyz are duummmm assssss
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by mike4livechosen: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
to hell with fifa for taking nigeria down
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
sing with the tune of "dry bones shall rise again"

Naija shall rise again
naija shall rise again
oh jehovah, is able to lift them up
in the ranking
naija shall rise again!!!!

grin grin
Re: Nigeria Fall In Latest Fifa Rankings by peter2635(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2010
hi to all

(1) (Reply)

Naija Viewing Centres Nick Names For European Footballers / England 2-0 Poland: Full Time / Lukaku Left In Chelsea Limbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.