Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,425 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

C.S. Lewis On Reasoning To Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / C.S. Lewis On Reasoning To Atheism (226 Views)

Stop Performing Rituals For Yahoo Boys — C&S Church Warns Clerics / Why Former Atheist C.S. Lewis Became A Christian / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

C.S. Lewis On Reasoning To Atheism by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2017
C.S. Lewis on Reasoning to Atheism

"Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought.

But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London.

But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an atheist or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: So I can never use thought to disbelieve in God".

- C.S. Lewis

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Success Of The Apostle. / Up For Grab: Dubai Direct Employment Visa (2)years / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.