Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? (817 Views)

Apple To Release Iphone 9 As A Budget Device In March / Here’s Why Apple Wants To Launch The Iphone 9 As Soon As Possible / Iphone 9 Review,specifications And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? by phidelity(m): 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
If you were to be the number 9, you wouldn’t be happy with Microsoft and Apple for jumping you to the number 10. Today, we have Windows 10 and iPhone X (The X is a Roman numeral for 10). Aren’t you eager to know why this two big technology companies choose to neglect 9 in their product launch, after all, their previous line of products (Windows OS and iPhone) were launched having numbers that occurred in series to note the succession.

Microsoft have Windows 7, 8, Jumped 9, and landed in 10. Apple have iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Jumped 9, and also landed in X (which means 10). The question now becomes: What is wrong with the number 9?

We know that most of this brands ship their products to different parts of the world, this places have their beliefs which can affect how they see or welcome a particular thing. For example, it is believed that the number 9 means completeness and eternity in Chinese numerology but that wouldn’t be same for other nations and languages. Why is the tech industry afraid of 9 or are they considering acceptance and sales of their products in other regions? They are in a more better position to tell us.

Moving to Samsung Galaxy S9, there have been a lot of rumors about this flagship device which is expected to launch earlier in 2018. A lot of concepts and ideas of how Galaxy S9 will look like are being brought up daily by users who can’t wait to see this high end device released into the smartphone market. Although, the issue of whether Samsung will jump the number 9 hasn't been considered, only time will tell if they follow Microsoft and Apple in their miscounting act.

I also had my own expectations of Samsung Galaxy S9 which wasn’t bad to start with, but the final design is in the hands of Samsung. It is expected that it will be powered by a Snapdragon 845 chipset, and may stick to 4GB RAM rather than switching to 6GB RAM which other phones nowadays are doing.

Having said the few things I have in my mind, remember, 9Mobile is the mobile network provider that took over from Etisalat in Nigeria. Hope the number 9 in their name won’t affect their business.

For some of us, the number 9 is just 9 and nothing more. Life would be easier if we keep things simple and interpret them the way they are.

What do you think about the number 9? Let us know in the comments below.

mynd44 lalasticlala

SOURCE:
http://www.techisbae.com/2017/09/samsung-galaxy-s9-launch-what-is-wrong-with-the-number-nine.html

Re: What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
i read that windows jumped 9 because of their earlier OS 95/98, and some older software would have had codes using 9 bla bla, so to make things proper, they skip windows 9 entirely....as for Iphone X (commonly known as Iphone 10), its called 10 because X = 10 in roman numerology (10yrs anniversary of the Iphone) but the next phone is actually IPHONE 9
Re: What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? by phidelity(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
OK. i see because i find it weird when companies especially the ones in tech industry don't know how to count (*literally grin ). Lets see if Apple will release iPhone 9 or they will move on to iPhone 11.

MrBrownJay1:
i read that windows jumped 9 because of their earlier OS 95/98, and some older software would have had codes using 9 bla bla, so to make things proper, they skip windows 9 entirely....as for Iphone X (commonly known as Iphone 10), its called 10 because X = 10 in roman numerology (10yrs anniversary of the Iphone) but the next phone is actually IPHONE 9
Re: What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? by Pauls0n(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
No be wetin chinko wan know
There is Tecno L9, C9........
Re: What Is Wrong With The Number 9? No Iphone 9, Will There Be Samsung Galaxy S9? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
phidelity:
OK. i see because i find it weird when companies especially the ones in tech industry don't know how to count (*literally grin ). Lets see if Apple will release iPhone 9 or they will move on to iPhone 11.

with the whole confusion about the iphone X/10 they just might

(1) (Reply)

Iphone X Face-id Tricked By Mask / Whatsapp Update For Ios Lets You Watch Youtube Videos Directly / Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Officially Launched - Check Out The Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.