Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe (9671 Views)

Earth Is DIMMING Due To Climate Change, Scientists Warn ( Pics) / What Is The Truth About Capturing CO2 To Reverse Climate Change? / Robot Now Performs Japanese Funeral Rites, No One's Job Is Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 26, 2017
VampireeM:

Do you stay close to Igbo Efon or this beach? I know this building.

i sincerely island residents in lagos should be more worried cause in the next 20yrs only God knows what would happen esp with the way estate developers are upsetting and sandfilling the ocean
yep. I stay close by
Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by olatemmie13(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2017
Good English/ Bad English...

He has communicated very well and it is quite educative.

Pls letz learn to appreciate people that go through the stress of bringing such quality information to platforms like this...

Well done OP!

Good will continue to protect the Black nations cuz we got enough disaster already...

Virus777:

Horrible English!

I stopped reading after the first few sentences. Like wtf! In your bid to impress with 'big words', you inadvertently created an article whose first sentences were filled with wrong English expressions. I'm sure the rest of the article is equally filled with errors.

Using 'inundation' instead of 'insinuation', jeez! Work on your English dude! angry

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by buJu234: 8:53am On Sep 26, 2017
if u have a house between around Ajah badore area & Ikota VGC to Lekki phase 1;

please i take God beg u; go and buy another house in mainland or in the island after Epe; cos in 20yrs time; with this climate change wahala; those houses around Ajah badore area & Ikota VGC to Lekki phase 1 may be inside or under water.

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by mecussey(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2017
coolcharm:
Hmm...

All this flooding climate change is causing is still not stopping man from spending billions of dollars to reclaim land on oceans and seas..

When it happens now, they will be shouting 'end time' up and down

Climate change will not stop me from constructing coal plants in Africa for steady power supply.
Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by Legendaryd(m): 9:20am On Sep 26, 2017
THE ARROGANCE OF MAN IS THINKING HE IS IN CONTROL OF NATURE NOT THE OTHER THE WAY ROUND
Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by wisestfool1759(m): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2017
Over Saabi,

The word INUNDATION is correct, check your dico.

Nice write up dude.

Virus777:

Horrible English!

I stopped reading after the first few sentences. Like wtf! In your bid to impress with 'big words', you inadvertently created an article whose first sentences were filled with wrong English expressions. I'm sure the rest of the article is equally filled with errors.

Using 'inundation' instead of 'insinuation', jeez! Work on your English dude! angry
Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by AdorableJosh(m): 9:34am On Sep 26, 2017
Guys please try and read this, it's for our own benefit, stop whining about how long it is and educate yourself.
Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by blank(f): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
Virus777:

Horrible English!

Insinuation - unpleasant hint

Inundation - overwhelming abundance

What is the error in what he said?
Re: Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe by Virus777: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
blank:

Insinuation - unpleasant hint

Inundation - overwhelming abundance

What is the error in what he said?

Take a look again at the opening paragraph:

"The perception of climate change in these area – by that I mean Nigeria and most of Africa – has remained fairly constant for a while, affected by traditional, socio-cultural and religious narratives, an inundation that Africa does not matter in the scheme of things, and is not affected too by whatever calling card nature comes with."

From the above you can deduce that he was trying to say that there are suggestions that Africa does not matter in the scheme of things. Clearly the word 'inundation' has no place there as he was clearly referring to the insinuations that Africa does not matter. He wasn't yet making reference to the devastation caused by climate change.

The author is clearly an amateur writer and was obviously trying to impress. Unfortunately, the article sounded too verbose and poorly crafted on account of use of unnecessary 'big words'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bluetooth Shoes: Footwear For The Blind / How To Subscribe To Airtel 20X Recharge Bonus / Download Full Dstv Now APK MOD Unlimited Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.