Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ibo should learn from yoruba politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibo should learn from yoruba politics (917 Views)

Yoruba Politics And Oil Corporation In Nigeria / Weaponising Religion In Yoruba Politics / Yoruba Politics Second To Non (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
i got this pc on Facebook and i decided to share it.
Joe Igbokwe CEO Efulefu group of companies and sons Nigeria limited wrote:

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB? Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996? Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998? Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?
Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.
Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.
We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.
A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.
To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by babyfaceafrica: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2017
Okay
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by kn23h(m): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Yomboy4ever:

"Did the Yoruba go to war when June 12 1993 Presidential Election won by their illustrious son Chief MKO Abiola was annulled on June 23rd 1993 on a sheet of paper by IBB? Did Yoruba go to war when Abiola’s wife Alhaja Kudirat Abiola was murdered in Lagos in the morning of Jun 4 1996? Did Yoruba go to war when the winner of that historic election was poisoned on July 7 1998? Did Yoruba go to war when those who killed Abiola imposed Obasanjo on them as President in 1999?
Did Yoruba accept Chief Ernest Shonekan when IBB made him to head the interim government in 1993? Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.
Those of us who have lived in Yoruba land for years should not only learn how to wear Aso Ebi, eat Ewedu soup or dance Owambe, music.
We must have also learned other unique things from them like sharing property to both male and female children, religious tolerance, ethnic tolerance, transferring legacies from generation to generation. Do you know that APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s wife is a Christian? Do you know that former Governor Fashola’s wife is a Christian? We can learn a lot from Yoruba. Yoruba too can learn from Igbo in areas of thinking home, business enterprise, self-help, apprenticeship, etc.
A Yoruba woman, a Pastor Mrs. Eunice Olawale Elisha of the Redeemed Christian Church of God old NEPA Road Phase 4 Kubwa, Abuja was killed by unknown persons on Saturday morning of July 9, 2016, while preaching the gospel around 5.30am. I have followed the reactions on the internety and Yoruba do not behave like the Igbo. They have been speaking but not preaching hate. They have called for the culprits to be fished out, prosecuted and punished. If Mrs. Eunice Elisha had been an Igbo hell would have been let loose. There would have been abuses and abuses. But Yoruba are not Igbo. This is civilization. This is strategic thinking. I hope our people can learn from this. Civility is not a sign of weakness. He who fights and run away lives to fight another day.
To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"

If Joe Igbokwe is an efulefu, then all Igbos are efulefous terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Theakthedream: 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Igbos who love Ffk, would hate this man.... and vice versa..
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
Note that cowardice can also make one very reasonable & "civillized".

2 Likes

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
How can u compare yoruba and Igbo? Because u came from igbo tribe that is why want igbo to learn from yoruba, but these two distinct tribe are uncomparable. Igbo are the most senseless tribe in NIGERIA
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Nemesis1: 4:53am On Sep 23, 2017
Proudly Yoruba
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by davbaba: 5:02am On Sep 23, 2017
All hail Biafra. Getting the Republic of Biafra is the answer to avoid any future argument. This is because the North would not agree to the idea of starting the country afresh ,forming regional governments with full autonomy

1 Like

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by devindevin2000: 5:48am On Sep 23, 2017
Yomboy4ever:
[s]i got this pc on Facebook and i decided to share it.

To have ears is not to listen, to listen is not to hear, to hear is not to understand, to understand is not to put to practice. I know that writing this may not get me many friends among the Igbo, but it always gets me the right ones"[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by NigerDeltan(m): 5:59am On Sep 23, 2017
What about the pastor's wife that was killed in kano? Did Igbo's killed anyone?

Everybody is trying to get popular with this Biafra issue

Catalan has been on the street since one week now seeking for the same referendum IPOB has been clamoring for but NO the Spanish authority never sent soldiers to crush them all
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by kingcypress: 6:11am On Sep 23, 2017
How will a brainwashed skull learn. The generation of hate learn from your master. Pls I'm looking for one Hunchback Albino. We need him for sacrifice.
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by nototribalist: 6:52am On Sep 23, 2017
Yomboy4ever:

this rubbishh just shows that Afonjas are Cowards. How can hausa Fulanis behead a yorobastard woman and you Cowards think it's wise to keep quiet, and wan igbos to be cowards like you people? You guys must be out of your senses.

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by nototribalist: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2017
Goderlist:
How can u compare yoruba and Igbo? Because u came from igbo tribe that is why want igbo to learn from yoruba, but these two distinct tribe are uncomparable. Igbo are the most senseless tribe in NIGERIA
are you sure? Cos we all know yorobastard are the cowards of Africa

1 Like

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by prodigy24: 7:11am On Sep 23, 2017
All the states in southwest are indebted to Anambra state.
We don't want to play your type of politics. That is what distinguish us from you. We are not meant to be together in the first place.
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2017
nototribalist:
this rubbishh just shows that Afonjas are Cowards. How can hausa Fulanis behead a yorobastard woman and you Cowards think it's wise to keep quiet, and wan igbos to be cowards like you people? You guys must be out of your senses.

continue beating your chest under your papa bed, we knw your type, and what have you achived with your not keeping quite? better be a civilised coward than to be a slave..
Yoruba rejected OBJ and Shonekan because this unique race has never been slaves to public office and yet they have remained number one in Nigeria in almost everything. This is wisdom and strategic thinking at work.
And pls where is kanu with his mouth running action? he dint only ran, he flew and disappeared just like merlin..

1 Like

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by devindevin2000: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2017
nototribalist:

Lol...don't mind them. Joe Ibekwe take style insult them

1 Like

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:53am On Sep 23, 2017
nototribalist:
are you sure? Cos we all know yorobastard are the cowards of Africa

cowards like the fastest Usain Bolt Ojukwu and current running master Kanu..

1 Like

Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by IJOBA2: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2017
NigerDeltan:
What about the pastor's wife that was killed in kano? Did Igbo's killed anyone?

Everybody is trying to get popular with this Biafra issue

Catalan has been on the street since one week now seeking for the same referendum IPOB has been clamoring for but NO the Spanish authority never sent soldiers to crush them all
DID YOU HEAR ANY STATEMENT FROM PROF ISHAQ AKINTOLA WHEN BRIDGET AGBAHIME WAS MURDERED BY HIS SUPERIOR MUSLIM BROTHERS FROM THE NORTH WHEN HE PROMISE TO MAKE EKITI STATE UNGOVERNABLE FOR AYO FAYOSE DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING FROM SOUTH WEST MUSLIM COMMUNITY MY BROTHER WE SABI THIS EWEDU MUSLIMS... THEY ARE THE WILLING TOOLS IN THE HAND OF THE CALIPHATE
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by frankdoz25: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2017
igbos no longer have trust in nigerian politics. Biafra is the hope of every igbo man.
Re: Ibo should learn from yoruba politics by GoldNiagara(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2017
ShyCypher:
Note that cowardice can also make one very reasonable & "civillized".

The brave ones running why wetting their pants when the Python showed! Heard Mazi even cross dressed with gele, make up, and wrapper with ear rings to escape ndi Hausa soldiers.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Immediate Evacuation Of Nigerians Students In Dominican Island. / Militants Threaten To Stop Oil Exploration Over Buhari's Specia Focus On The Nor / Kaduna Teachers Crisis: Shehu Sani Blasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.