Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members (610 Views)

Ekweremadu: APC & PDP Unite Against Attack, We All Have A Responsibility / OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory / Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by ophizzey001(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members, Says Viral Torture Video Could Be A Propaganda

Professor Wole Soyinka has called on FG to urgently investigate allegations of maltreatment of Biafra supporters in the Eastern part of the country by the military with the aim of punishing those found culpable.

Soyinka spoke yesterday in Ibadan, Oyo State, Southwest Nigeria at the Christopher Okigbo Conference, with the theme: “Legacy of Christopher Okigbo-50 years”. The event was put together to mark the golden jubilee of the passage of Okigbo.

He said:

“There is a video clip going viral showing allegedly the dehumanisation of Biafran supporters in the East. It shows some civilians being made to run a gantlet of whips and then being made to crawl, being lined up in a pond of mud… I do not say this video is genuine. It could be IPOB propaganda, it is possible but I am saying to the military that you can’t afford to stay silent when that kind of documented allegation is making the round of the world.

“The image of the military very often is the image of the nation. I want the military and the government to examine this video and the source and let the nation know whether the soldiers that participated in it have been identified and have been punished or prove to the nation that this is pure propaganda video. Such thing has been done before. It happened in Baga in the North, and that is the mission as my message on behalf of Christopher Okigbo to the military and to the government. We want an answer”.

Full post here http://www.afrikloaded.com.ng/2017/09/soyinka-warns-nigerian-army-against.html
Cc
Lalasticlala
Fynestboi
MissyB3
mynd44
ishilove
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Cyynthia(f): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
I don't think the video is fake because there are Biafran flags and materials on the ground in that video.

The image of this contraption is irredeemable.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Ojiofor: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Cyynthia:
I don't think the video is fake because there are Biafran flags and materials on the ground in that video.

Soyinka was only being diplomatic.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Cinkq: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
:/
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by BALLOSKI: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Cyynthia:

For the sake of effective propaganda, you think they won't bring their flag along to the scene for easy. Identification?

IPOB that shared the video of Rwandan genocide as people killed in the east can do anything for the world to hear them.

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Alariwo2: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soyinka wetin concern you??

Upon all the insults and name calling by these same people.. Why not let them be for Christ sake.

Let them stand up to their fears and oppressors instead of waiting on Yorubas all the time to fight for them.
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by fergie001: 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soyinka,the videos aren't fake.

Investigations are ongoing as the COAS said,
But we aren't optimistic because we have seen it many a time.

We leave them to the Supernatural Court of Justice.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Adebola02(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
I hope the military will listen to his advice

Weldone Prof.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by kn23h(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Alariwo2:
Soyinka wetin concern you??

Upon all the insults and name calling by these same people.. Why not let them be for Christ sake.

Let them stand up to their fears and oppressors instead of waiting on Yorubas all the time to fight for them.
Nonsense!

He just wants more insults because the ungrateful pigs of the East whose leaders are weak cowards, hates nothing more than a Yoruba man, even if the Yoruba man speaks in support of their cause. They're too blinded and brainwashed with tribal and religious hatred. The hatred is rooted in envy and jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Mynd44: 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2017

(1)

Why Did Igbos Lose The War? / Political Repression Among Northerners By Dr. Aliyu U. Tilde / Wich State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.