Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State (21353 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Junaid Mohammed: IPOB Not Ohaneze, PANDEF That Bow To Threat / ACF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, PANDEF, Others React As Obasanjo Bombs Buhari Again / Francis Doukpola, PANDEF Leader, Attacked By Assassins In Rivers. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by michresa(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2017
una don start ur own too
kk oo
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Crossguy: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
Danielmoore:
we are all under bendel
Nobody is going anywhere
We will all worship the Benin kingdom

Iseeeeeeeee
No sense in what you just said, different from the topic and the word that is passing.

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by anonymuz(m): 5:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
Efewestern:

Even during ibori regime Urhobos voted massively for Ogboru, especially those from ethiope east, okpe, and uvwie axis, that doesn't mean they didn't vote for uduagha.

you guys always feel urhobo will dominate, were as the revise has always been the case.
we will always dominate
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
Efewestern:
fratermathy , ophare, samchez01 don't you think this is a wrong move and a distraction ?

Onuwaje what do you think about this?

When will the Urhobos wake up and leave up to their potential. Na wa. Urhobo, God go help una... This is a distraction and waste of time when there are lingering issues that pertains national development, regional development, integration of varying compnents in the region towards strategic development and redeployment of assets to facilitate broadend improvement in the entire region that should be brought the front burner..Rather than face crucial issues, they're dancing to the python beat...new state indeed. Make God open una eyes...

5 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
I don't think this is news. Peoplle from Delta south and central have always told whoever cares to listen that they're the main Delta and that most importantly, they're not happy that the capital of the state was ceded to Delta North. That has been their major cause for concern. I think the feeling is mutual because people from Delta North have been clamoring for Anioma state too.

14 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
Danielmoore:
we are all under bendel
Nobody is going anywhere
We will all worship the Benin kingdom

Iseeeeeeeee

Deceive yourself...

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
fratermathy:
I agree totally. Without prejudice to the good people of Delta North, those of us in Delta South and Central share more in common and should ideally be the ones to constitute a state, with a capital within the region.

Anioma State should be created and zoned to the SE for equity to reign.

I also agree that the oil companies should move their headquarters to the region. It is simply logical to locate the headquarters of an oil company in an oil producing region.

Don't let them come after you oh

1 Like

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
onuwaje:

Well my position is indifferent on the subject matter.

But we shud ask ourselves some questions
1. How have state creation improved the state of the geographical space called Nigeria since 1960?
2. Will creation of more states improve thr Current situation of the country?

Even tho i wasn't born during the pre civil war era i still think we shud go back to the regional phase but with alot of amendments and restructuring

Thank you

God bless you onuwaje, you spoke as a discerning sage, rather than discuss critical issues like asset redeployment and resource base expansion for greater capital revenue and employment facilitation, these folks are advocating the same ol same ol, time wasting

1 Like

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by godswilld10(m): 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
fratermathy:

And has the National domination by Hausa-Fulani people been any better?

I do agree with you that every state should be constituted by those of same ethnicities. However, the Urhobos, Ijaws and Itsekiris have been living together for ages now and Urhobos have not dominated the others. In fact, quite the contrary, Urhobo is dominated by others, mostly the Itsekiri, who claim to own the entire Warri river region.
Its too late for all dat,we the itsekiris won't allow dat

1 Like

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
warripekin:
Why are uhrobo people not agitating for delta central state ? Any lumping of delta south with delta central to form a new state will not be welcome by Itsekiris because we see it as a ploy for the uhrobo's to dominate such a state because of their numerical strength. The Uhrobo will simply dominate affairs at the state level and rule the new state as if it's their private estate. It will be reminiscent of what is going on in Benue state where the Tiv takes precedence over any other ethnic group in Benue state. The idoma people can attest to what I am saying.

Urhobo domination, Igbos domination. When will we abandon all these concepts and strive for a more integrated society that is positioned to address the demands of society. If we feel any tribe is dominating, there sch be glaring proofs. Been to the state on supervision countless times, i didn't see where anyone used horsewhip to flog another into submission...Come up with more productive assertions please

8 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Go and meet the Otuoke Ph.D Drunkard and Barr Wiked to implement it
For six years una dey loot upandan
Fulani man come board, una just remember say 2014 confab dey there........FISHBRAINS angry
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by asawanathegreat(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
Make una deceive una self noting like new delta we remain where we are located as a state.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by quickly: 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
fratermathy:
I agree totally. Without prejudice to the good people of Delta North, those of us in Delta South and Central share more in common and should ideally be the ones to constitute a state, with a capital within the region.

I also agree that the oil companies should move their headquarters to the region. It is simply logical to locate the headquarters of an oil company in an oil producing region.

Oil company will never relocate to where they will be kidnapped.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by chloride6: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
aniomafirstson:

Ibadan ijebu and the rest are all inside south west region

we are only asking for anioma to be zoned to the south east

finito

Lol. You mean you want the SE to exist across the Niger?

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
SuperStriker:
Observing.

Please create Anioma state and add them to the Igbos.

Also return lands taken from Imo state to that state from Rivets state. Once this in s done we know that Igbo land has been clearly defined.

Before you guys determine the Anioma people's fate on Nairaland. Have you ever thought about people having a will and the freedom to exercise it? A referendum will pave way for what every region wants and will be a testament to the nation's democracy which is why i support it. For example, if i have coal in Enugu and can generate power to up to 5MW, why should someone in Abuja tell me not to generate power which would facilitate industrial development all in the name of " vain and negative equity ", Nigerian s structured to bring regions into normalcy of lack of development with some unproductive regions and not one that is designed to be productive, reward productive, induce competitveness , stimulate growth, trade and commerce and becoming more than an average....

Bottom line, make una no share Anioma or Benin Kingdom or South South or Ndigbo land for Nairaland abeg

9 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by fratermathy(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
Crossguy:
No sense in what you just said, different from the topic and the word that is passing.

That's why no one answered him. He's just deranged.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by aniomafirstson: 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2017
chloride6:

any problem?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by urbobo20(m): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
we the urhobo's must have our own state if any state is to be created again

1 Like

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Efewestern:

need I remind you that urhobo are still located in Delta south, so no fear whatsoever, urhobo voted massively for your son uduagha during the last 2 governorship election, if there are any people to be scared it is definitely not urhobo we are not your enemies and never re we going to be.

waje is still an itseke man and I don't think he is scared of any dominance.

You spoke well. I was amazed at how the Urhobos voted massively in support of Okowa what many of us were clamoring for against their own sons like Chief Ogboru. Tomorrow, they will accuse the Urhobos of domination, if the Urhobos follow the triangular pattern of Nigeria, i don't think Okowa would be governor. Suffice to say, the Urhobos have not imposed a limitation on Okowa's performance, everyone to their capacity and capability according to their intuitiveness, creativity and plans...

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by fratermathy(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
quickly:

Oil company will never relocate to where they will be kidnapped.

But they can extract oil from there abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
nototribalist:
I pity Niger Delta, by the time oil becomes useless like Nitel and Nipost they will know that they would have transform their region like Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

But few who are lucky to have access to Abuja won't allow them to get at least 70% from government

Trust me, the Niger Delta can never go broke when it comes to resources, as a student of science, i can tell you, there's a whole lot more that's yet to be discovered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
godswilld10:

What can we say is the will of the Iteskiri people? Can you enlighten me please?
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by fratermathy(m): 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
godswilld10:

Too late for what?
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by nototribalist: 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Trust me, the Niger Delta can never go broke when it comes to resources, as a student of science, i can tell you, there's a whole lot more that's yet to be discovered
like what, agriculture or gold or diamond. ?
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
nototribalist:
like what, agriculture or gold or diamond. ?

I will not share secrets, when the time comes, the educated ones will speak. We are watching the developments in the SE and SS, and when the demands is placed on us we will come out. You don't even know much about the Niger Delta and her capabilities....If you knew, you will be stoning the people at Abuja

1 Like

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
genghiskhan007:
Go and meet the Otuoke Ph.D Drunkard and Barr Wiked to implement it
For six years una dey loot upandan
Fulani man come board, una just remember say 2014 confab dey there........FISHBRAINS angry

Grow up. Contribute something meaningful or keep off

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by chloride6: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
aniomafirstson:

any problem?

The SE cant exist across the Niger for various reasons including economy, security etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Eastfield1: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
fratermathy:

And has the National domination by Hausa-Fulani people been any better?

I do agree with you that every state should be constituted by those of same ethnicities. However, the Urhobos, Ijaws and Itsekiris have been living together for ages now and Urhobos have not dominated the others. In fact, quite the contrary, Urhobo is dominated by others, mostly the Itsekiri, who claim to own the entire Warri river region.
shifting goal post.
Mr attachés
warripekin point is simple.
"You urhobo should stop lumping warri south (the itshekiri) to urhobo in order to dominate them & grab their land(warri)

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
asawanathegreat:
Make una deceive una self noting like new delta we remain where we are located as a state.

God bless you my brother jare, abeg take two sticks of Benson on me tonight abeg...
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Shroud: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
fratermathy:

Have you done a referendum if itsekiri and Isoko would want a country with you people.

Isn't it ironic that you're doing the same thing you accused IPOB ( bunch of noise makers) of doing?

You have always been a hypocritical tribal bigot anyway.

8 Likes

Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
chloride6:

Biko help me ask oh...Help me ask.
Re: Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State by Shroud: 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Eastfield1:
shifting goal post.
Mr attachés
warripikin point is simple.
"You urhobo should stop lumping warri south (the itshekiri) to urhobo in order to dominate them & grab their land(warrior)
That boy can never hold a logical line of argument. He soon resort to diversionary tactics. Very crafty fellow who shouldn't be taken seriously.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Police Arrest 10 Gunmen In Enugu, Recover Firearms, Ammunition / Sheikh Haliru Abdullahi Maraya Warns Against Same-Faith Presidential Ticket / Guber Ticket Tears Delta PDP Apart As Ibori, Okowa Part Ways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.