Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Muharram - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muharram (540 Views)

The Fasting Of The 9th And 10th Day Of Muharram / The Deviated Shi’ah & Ashoora – 10th Muharram / "6 Days Of Bonanza": The Fast Of 9th, 10th & Other Days Of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Muharram by Amoto94(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2017
*Muharram*

�Firstly: Muharram is amongst those months in which Allaah made fighting forbidden. 

�the Messenger (sallal-laahu-alayhi-wasallam) want us to oppose the Jews, so he commanded us to fast a day before Ashoorah (i.e. the 9th of Muharram) before fasting on the 10th (i.e. Day of Ashoorah); and it is stated in another narration: ‘’A day after it (i.e. a day after Ashoorah); but fasting on the 9th day of Muharram before fasting the 10th of Al-Muharram (i.e. the day of Ashoorah) is more established.

�As for the shia, they make the Day of Ashoorah a Day of sadness, weeping and wailing—may Allaah disfigure them—because it was the day Husain (radiyallaahu-anhu) who was murdered.  Indeed calamity is not to be faced with wailing, sins and evil deeds; rather it should be faced with obedience to Allaah and hoping for Allaah’s reward.  There is no doubt that the killing of Husain (radiyallaahu-anhu) was a calamity, but Allaah commanded us to exercise patience and hope for His reward during calamities.  What is legislated on this Day of Ashoorah is that we fast and there should be no newly invented matters in the religion.

�Likewise, there are those ignorant ones amongst the Sunnis who consider this Day as a day of happiness and some of them call it the New Year; so they behave generously towards their children, serving them food and bestowing gifts to one another.  Indeed, these affairs are innovations and newly invented matters in the religion, and they are not permissible.  This action of those ignorant Sunnis is the other side of falsehood compared to the actions of the shia! The shia grieve and the ignorant Sunnis display happiness.  Do they (i.e. these ignorant Sunni) show happiness for murder of Husain (radiyallaahu-anhu), because this ignorant act will be considered as a manifestation of happiness due to the murder of Husain (radiyallaahu-anhu) on this Day.   Therefore, it is obligated upon the Muslim to follow the Sunnah and abandon innovations in the religion.
 *--------*--------*-------
Taken from�http://www.salaficentre.com/2013/11/the-month-of-al-muharram-and-fasting-on-the-day-of-ashoorah/
Re: Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2017
Amoto94:
*Muharram*

�the Messenger (sallal-laahu-alayhi-wasallam) want us to oppose the Jews, so he commanded us to fast a day before Ashoorah (i.e. the 9th of Muharram) before fasting on the 10th (i.e. Day of Ashoorah); and it is stated in another narration: ‘’A day after it (i.e. a day after Ashoorah); but fasting on the 9th day of Muharram before fasting the 10th of Al-Muharram (i.e. the day of Ashoorah) is more established.

# What is crystal clear is that fasting on the day of Ashura was pre-Islamic practice which was also practised (in Islam) before the advent of Ramadan's fasting.

# That Nabi commanded fasting of tasua and Ashura as a result of what he "learnt" from the Jews after the advent of Ramadan in the 2nd year of hijra, is a gross lie against Islam. Fasting on/of Ashura is obviously an abandoned fasting.

# Imam Bukhari documents an Hadith that perfectly gives summary of the whole epilogue and give understanding and the practice of a Sahabi:

Narrated Ibn `Umar:

The Prophet (s) observed the fast on the 10th of Muharram ('Ashura), and ordered (Muslims) to fast on that day, but when the fasting of the month of Ramadan was prescribed, the fasting of the 'Ashura' was ABANDONED. Abdullah did not use to fast on that day unless it coincided with his routine fasting by chance.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1892
In-book reference : Book 30, Hadith 2 http://
www.sunnah.com/bukhari/30

# You can read exposition of the so-called Ashura fasting here:
www.nairaland.com/3394383/significance-ashura-part

Amoto94:

�As for the shia, they make the Day of Ashoorah a Day of sadness, weeping and wailing—may Allaah disfigure them—because it was the day Husain (radiyallaahu-anhu) who was murdered.  Indeed calamity is not to be faced with wailing, sins and evil deeds; rather it should be faced with obedience to Allaah and hoping for Allaah’s reward.  There is no doubt that the killing of Husain (radiyallaahu-anhu) was a calamity, but Allaah commanded us to exercise patience and hope for His reward during calamities.  [s]What is legislated on this Day of Ashoorah is that we fast and there should be no newly invented matters in the religion[/s].

Taken from�http://www.salaficentre.com/2013/11/the-month-of-al-muharram-and-fasting-on-the-day-of-ashoorah/

# The question is how does Nabi felt and took Ashura?

1. Nabi during his lifetime used to "commemorate" the day Hussein will be murdered alongside member of his ahlulbayt with his companions. Nabi used to cry and feel mournful. Hadith on this is Mutawattir (authentically authentic via many chain).

2. Nabi after his demise in alam barzakh reacted with crying, sorrow and mourning on the day Hussein was murdered.

Here's one of long list of ahadith:

# Imam Ahmad (d. 241 H) in his Musnad [annotator: Shuaib al-Ar'naut and Adil Murshid], volume 4, page 59 and 336 documents:

From Ibn Abbas who said:

I saw the Prophet, peace be upon him, in my dreams during mid-day and he was dusty and disheveled. He was holding a bottle which contain blood or he was collecting something.

I said: O Messenger of Allah, what is that?

He said: The blood of Al-Hussein and his companions and I have been collecting it since day-time
.'

Ammar said: We memorized this day and we found out he (Al-Hussein) was killed on that day."

Sheik al-Ar'naut says: The chain of narration is strong according to the conditions set by Muslim.

And he also says: Al-Tabarani narrated it in Hadith no.2822 and 12837, al-Hakim al-Naysaburi narrated it in al-Mustadrak vol. 4, pg.397-398 from Hammad ibn Salama with this chain, and al-Hakim authenticated it according to the conditions set by Muslim, and al-Dhahabi agreed with it.

# On points 1&2 above, read some of the ahadith to their effects here:
www.nairaland.com/3394720/prophet-day-ashura-significance-ashura

LASTLY: We (shia) believed that Killing Hussein is like killing the Nabi himself. Nabi says, "Hussein is from me and I am from Hussein" {Sunan Tirmidhi}.

# Qur'an says, "say (O Muhammad): if (truly) you (the believers) love Allah, then follow me (i.e Nabi Muhammad); Allah will love you and forgive your sins".

* So, shia choose to remember Hussein on the day the Ummah of his father murdered him alongside member of his ahlulbayt and companions by crying, with sorrowful heart and deep mourning. Are we not following and upholding the Sunnah of Nabi?

# Paradise awaits

In the book Fadail as-Sahabah of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal,
vol. 2, p. 675, # 1154, there is this sahih Sunni hadith:
Narrated al-Rabi' b. Munzir:

Husayn b. 'Ali used to say: "Anyone whose eyes are filled with tears for our sake, or tears drop from his eyes for our sake, Allah the Almighty, the Most Glorious will reward him with the Paradise."

Link: http://islamport.com/w/ajz/Web/2294/1170.htm

The report has an absolutely sahih sanad.
Re: Muharram by AlBaqir(m): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Paradise awaits

In the book Fadail as-Sahabah of Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal,
vol. 2, p. 675, # 1154, there is this sahih Sunni hadith:
Narrated al-Rabi' b. Munzir:

Husayn b. 'Ali used to say: "Anyone whose eyes are filled with tears for our sake, or tears drop from his eyes for our sake, Allah the Almighty, the Most Glorious will reward him with the Paradise."

Link: http://islamport.com/w/ajz/Web/2294/1170.htm

The report has an absolutely sahih sanad.

Demmzy15, will you cry for the sake of Imam Hussain and those gallant martyrs fought alongside him?

Did any of your 3 candidates death have this laudable reward?

(1) (Reply)

Namaz Timing In Lahore / The Khawarij, First Terrorist Group? / The Ocean Of Dunya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.