Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? (937 Views)

Why Does The Pope And Catholic Bishops Cover Their Heads When it's not allowed? / Masquerade Receiving Blessings From Bishops / Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by gentlegenius(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
I was a member of a church(name withheld by me) where men were not permitted to cover their head in worship and women were not allowed to keep their head open in worship.
But things changed a few years ago when people brought episcopacy into the church and we started having bishops and arch bishop who all cover their head with huge caps in worship.
I stopped going to that church over 2 years ago but it bothers me a lot to see that they were simply trying to follow the practice of some orthodox churches where bishops cover their head in worship instead of following the scriptures which says: "... So a man who prays or proclaims God's message in public worship with his head covered disgraces CHRIST(his head). And any woman who prays or proclaims God's message in public worship with nothing on her head disgraces her husband(her head)" (1 Corinthians 11: 3-5).
Ironically, these churches where bishops cover their head are always strict with the issue of women keeping their head open in worship. But the question is: For a woman to disgrace her husband and a man to disgrace CHRIST, which should be more deplorable?
Why should people focus more on women who don't cover their head in worship and overlook the big men of God who covers their head to Pray and proclaim messages in the church?

Members of orthodox churches like Catholic, Anglican, Methodist and co... Pls come in and educate us on this issue. Tell us why your bishops cover their head in worship against what the scripture says.
Re: Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by adepeter2027(m): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
Most of them are bald (aka Sanko)
Re: Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by Supersuave2(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
adepeter2027:
Most of them are bald (aka Sanko)
this guy no wan change at all grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by adepeter2027(m): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
Supersuave2:
this guy no wan change at all grin
But I no lie naw

BTW, I don become Christian ooo, I yaff changed grin
Re: Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by Supersuave2(m): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
adepeter2027:

But I no lie naw

BTW, I don become Christian ooo, I yaff changed grin
means the devil has changed too cheesy
Re: Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by adepeter2027(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Supersuave2:
means the devil has changed too cheesy
Lol, you can say that again bro.

Àbeg, I don laff tire
Re: Why Do Men(bishops) Cover Their Head In Worship? by gentlegenius(m): 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
adepeter2027:

Lol, you can say that again bro.

Àbeg, I don laff tire
This is a serious thread but you guys are coming here to play instead of contributing to the topic.
WHY?

(1) (Reply)

Cunning Motives Of The Bible Writers. / Daddy Freeze (TAP) Challenge: Freeze Pays Rent of a Blindman & Challenges DAVIDO / Sex Scene Plays On Church TV Screen During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.