Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:29 PM

How I Got Admitted Into Uniben With A Cut Off Mark Of 50 To Study Mechanical Eng - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Got Admitted Into Uniben With A Cut Off Mark Of 50 To Study Mechanical Eng (2702 Views)

The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) / The Link Between New Eco Currency And The Mark Of 666 / Man's Legs Cut Off In Auto Accident As Car Rams Into Bus In Lagos (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Admitted Into Uniben With A Cut Off Mark Of 50 To Study Mechanical Eng by olakkk: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hello everyone, I was once an aspirant like you guys. In fact I spent two hellish years at home before I got admitted into the University of Benin. Like every other person, I was afraid and worried about my admission issue. My dad on the other hand was not making things easy for me at all. He threatened me that after the second year, if I don’t get admission into the University I am going to learn hand work like tailoring or mechanic.

Sincerely I was depressed this period. Most of my class mates were already in school even my secondary school girlfriend was already in 200level. It was as if the world was moving but I am the only one on stand still. I was ashamed of even going out because all the small boys who called me “bros” were already in the university. Sometimes I wonder how those people that spend 4-5 years at home before getting admission because it is not easy at all.

For your information, I never failed JAMB though I used two sittings but that was not the problem. The first time I wrote JAMB I had 212; I applied for FUTMINNA Niger state to study quantity surveying as first choice. I wrote the exam and I beat the cut off mark which was 50 then. Unfortunately, I was not given admission.

The second year, I wrote JAMB and scored 201 luckily. I then picked Uniben as my first choice and Unilorin as my second choice. I could remember that the day I wrote the exam, two guys behind me said I won’t be giving admission because of my JAMB score. In fact they had to change their seats because they were looking for intelligent people to spy from. To be sincere I was ashamed of my result but I had faith that I will be given admission.
We were not allowed to use calculator and the time was 1 hr for 100 questions. I have prepared myself for the exam. The truth is that, I was neither brilliant nor clever but I was really prepared. I have paid my dues by reading and preparing my mind emotionally and spiritually. I wrote the exam and when the result came out I scored 49 (unbelievable right?). My aggregate score (JAMB score dived by 8 + post UTME score divided by 2). Funny enough my aggregate score was 49.9 and I was given admission to study the course of my choice (Mechanical Engineering) without any connection or help.

You might find this hard to believe, but that is my real life story. It’s not about what they are saying, do not listen to anybody. Work on yourself. Make sure you always try and reach the finish line (cut off mark) and leave the rest for God. You just have to work hard. Like I said, I was not brilliant or clever. I was just prepared.

All you have to do is to prepare yourself emotionally, physically and spiritually. If you don’t put your case in God’s hands, it’s just a wasted effort.

I am happy to share my story with you guys. Good luck to you guys. Source;https://unibensuccess..com.ng/2017/09/how-i-got-admitted-into-uniben-with-cut.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Admitted Into Uniben With A Cut Off Mark Of 50 To Study Mechanical Eng by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
I am really impressed for your faith and confidence,it is not easy. Good for you brother

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Amazing Trending Naija Forum / The Harris Sextuplets Are Going To College!� / Photo Of The Day: When You Give A Village Girl A Selfie Stick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.