Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,668 members, 7,862,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Maintaining A More Functional Absence As A Leader In Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maintaining A More Functional Absence As A Leader In Business (279 Views)

Maintaining Peace Between Gen Zs And Other Generations In The Workplace / 2 Nigerian Airways Retirees Slump, Die On Queue, Absence Of Forms Stall Process / 5 Traits That Will Make Others See You As A Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maintaining A More Functional Absence As A Leader In Business by magazineguy(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2017
In one my visits to a client office lately, a young CEO who ordinarily should be focusing on the future and adding more to his achievements shocked me by announcing that he is reducing the roles he plays in the company in order to prevent hitches or total shut down in case anything happens to him. Prior to his statement, I’m one of the few persons that strongly believe a business should operate an independent identity from that of its owner and also function independently as well. In the last interview that Rich Tanksley granted TushMagazine, he said “I always try to hire people that are smarter than me, and get the obstacles out of their way, that’s my leadership style.” It’s the only leadership style that can guarantee a business’s growth and progress for a long time with or without a particular leader/individual.

Whatever excuses and fears that will prompt a business owner to actively engage in all the activities of his/her business even till old age or during ill health can be addressed by modern technology. A business leader should function actively while he/she can and also have eyes for competent persons that can surpass his/her own performance when given the chance. A leader is the opposite of a boss, while most leaders command subordinates who happily show loyalty and total dedication to their duties; bosses only succeed at instilling fears in their subordinates which affect performance adversely in their absence.

A leader manages his/her team by identifying potentials and nurturing them fully, it is also easy for a leader to spot talent when choosing those he/she wants to work with. Most great leaders exhibit a high level of emotional intelligence which makes it easier for them to understand and deal with their team on individual bases and thus improving overall productivity.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/maintaining-functional-absence-leader/

(1) (Reply)

Let's Help Rewrite Your CV For Free! / For Brethren All Over The Globe: / Professional Polish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.