Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,988 members, 7,828,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

The Atheists Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Atheists Church (1971 Views)

The Atheists Costly Error: Assumption That Everything REAL Must Be TANGIBLE / Don't Be Deceived By The Atheists And Other Agents Of Satan. Please Read... / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 10:30am On Sep 25, 2017
All atheists, agnostic and deists this is our forum for science and nature discussion grin

2 Likes

Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
Interesting !! Have you heard about Professor Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project ?
He supported President Bill Clinton as the President announced: 'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'

He is the most respected scientists in the field of genetic research, Prof. F. Collins was a self-described 'obnoxious atheist' in his academic days. During this stage in his life, it seemed clear to Prof. F. Collins that science had all of the answers. Any questions about life and the universe could ultimately be reduced to physics and chemistry.

Prof. Collins was forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Collins was eventually led to read C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'

He realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality or faith or God.

When Collins read Lewis’ critique of moral law, he realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality, but a Creator God fit the explanation perfectly.

Now the question begs, what is stopping low-level Atheists from discovering this truth ?
Atheists pride themselves on their logic and superior intelligence and Prof. L. Collins is one of many positive examples.

It take courage to disclose your previous ignorance to the world. A coward will never be able to do that. A coward is too concerned with what others will think of them if they change. They fear loosing their ignorant friends.
Re: The Atheists Church by gabe: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
you mean I should believe in God because Prof Collins does whatever his reason? is that not how we ended up with thousands of religions?

3 Likes

Re: The Atheists Church by Samsimple(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
This thread wont make frontpage in jesus name amen
Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Samsimple:
angry
Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Interesting !! Have you heard about Professor Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project ?
He supported President Bill Clinton as the President announced: 'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'

He is the most respected scientists in the field of genetic research, Prof. F. Collins was a self-described 'obnoxious atheist' in his academic days. During this stage in his life, it seemed clear to Prof. F. Collins that science had all of the answers. Any questions about life and the universe could ultimately be reduced to physics and chemistry.

Prof. Collins was forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Collins was eventually led to read C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'

He realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality or faith or God.

When Collins read Lewis’ critique of moral law, he realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality, but a Creator God fit the explanation perfectly.

Now the question begs, what is stopping low-level Atheists from discovering this truth ?
Atheists pride themselves on their logic and superior intelligence and Prof. L. Collins is one of many positive examples.

It take courage to disclose your previous ignorance to the world. A coward will never be able to do that. A coward is too concerned with what others will think of them if they change. They fear loosing their ignorant friends.
Stop spreading lies
Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
segunojo866:
Stop spreading lies
Your response is typical of a low-level Atheist. Everything that dont fit into your narrow world-view is a LIE.
Where is your prized ability to respect truth ? Where is the LOGIC Atheists brag about ?

For the more advanced Atheists, here is the link ;
17th March 2016
Read the amazing testimony of Francis S. Collins, M.D, Ph.D
http://www.examiner.com/article/francis-collins-geneticist-turns-from-staunch-atheist-to-christian-apologist
In the 1990s, Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project, supported President Bill Clinton as the President announced:
'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Church by HCpaul(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
Samsimple:

Don't tell me that you are praying

Well, the power of indoctrination at work

This delusion is hawt
Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
HCpaul:

Don't tell me that you are praying

Well, the power of indoctrination at work

This delusion is hawt
master cheesy
Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
gabe:
you mean I should believe in God because Prof Collins does whatever his reason? is that not how we ended up with thousands of religions?
You are fearful of truth presented by Christians. Now you are fearful of truth presented by a renowned Atheist scientist.

By using scary logic here Gabe, you are certainly driving most wannabe Atheists away from the gates of Atheism.
I will only agree with your rebuttal if you were an unregistered Atheist, otherwise you dont make any sense.

I think it will help genuine truth seekers if I post a brief extract below;

17th March 2016
http://www.examiner.com/article/francis-collins-geneticist-turns-from-staunch-atheist-to-christian-apologist
In the 1990s, Prof.Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project, stood by Bill Clinton’s side as the President announced: 'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'

As one of the most respected scientists in the field of genetic research, Prof.F.Collins was a self-described 'obnoxious atheist' in his academic days. During this stage in his life, it seemed clear to Collins that science had all of the answers. Any questions about life and the universe could ultimately be reduced to physics and chemistry.

Prof.F.Collins was Forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Collins was eventually led to read C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'
He realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality

2 Likes

Re: The Atheists Church by HCpaul(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
segunojo866:
Stop spreading lies

Let him continue naa

Will that now make me to start believing in God.

The bible was written by human with several named and unnamed authors.

Scriptural ballads in the bible are contradictory, stupidly superfluous, superficial and quite supercilious.

Jesus (the Christian God) had an earthly father (Joseph), mother (Mary) and other family members when he was still alive.

Jesus cohorted as he teamed up with other deceptive humans to brainwash the whole world.

Some smart and intelligent governments realized this and properly dealt with him.

They hanged him on the cross (according to their custom) in front of the masses

He died

He resurrected back to life in front of his disciples because his smart disciples stole away his body to successfully fool and outsmart the whole world.

Yet, the aloft primitive book explained the universe precisely while Jesus created the universe.

If brain is the only sacrifice required to become a Christian, then I won't fall a victim.

I can practice religion wella cuz I see it as something more of cultural activities and parental indoctrination rather than personal conviction which require sheer faith as its bases for reality.

The Bible and Jesus are one of those lenses and dimensions of reality and not reality themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Atheists Church by gabe: 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
ScienceWatch:
You are fearful of truth presented by Christians. Now you are fearful of truth presented by a renowned Atheist scientist.

By using scary logic here Gabe, you are certainly driving most wannabe Atheists away from the gates of Atheism.
I will only agree with your rebuttal if you were an unregistered Atheist, otherwise you dont make any sense.

I think it will help genuine truth seekers if I post a brief extract below;

17th March 2016
In the 1990s, Prof.Francis Collins, the head of the Human Genome Project, stood by Bill Clinton’s side as the President announced: 'Today we are learning the language in which God created life.'

As one of the most respected scientists in the field of genetic research, Prof.F.Collins was a self-described 'obnoxious atheist' in his academic days. During this stage in his life, it seemed clear to Collins that science had all of the answers. Any questions about life and the universe could ultimately be reduced to physics and chemistry.

Prof.F.Collins was Forced to examine the evidence concerning the truth or falsity of religion, Collins was eventually led to read C. S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, where, he says, '...within the first three pages, I realised that my arguments against faith were those of a schoolboy.'
He realised that no law of science could adequately explain the existence of morality

I've actually read Prof Collins book, the language of God. I encourage all atheists to read it and follow your link or whatever. i'm where I am today because I've examined both arguments for and against God and the arguments for God come up way short. Collins' reason for believing in God are pretty daft. The summary of what convinced him is this:

CS Lewis' argument that christianity and Christ must be speaking the truth because they make a very audacious claim.

2. DNA is so well developed it must have come from God. now, in the same book, he urged against using the 'God of the gaps' argument, showing the argument for irreducible complexity has been trounced again and again. he then goes ahead to use 'the God of the gaps ' argument for the existence of DNA!

He then goes ahead to mention the presence of a conscience in all human beings as evidence for God's existence. He however failed to explain how this conscience manifests itself in the different ways people perceive right or wrong eg a pakistani muslim may be 100% convinced the right thing to is to kill his sister who left her husband's house, or an extremist may feel the best moral option open to him is to blow some people up, or a Catholic is convinced he is a terrible sinner if he doesn't eat a wafer on sunday.

You tactics seem to be ' Prof Collins believes in God. Who are you not to?'

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
HCpaul:

Let him continue naa

Scriptural ballads in the bible are contradictory, stupidly superfluous, superficial and quite supercilious.

Jesus (the Christian God) had an earthly father (Joseph), mother (Mary) and other family members when he was still alive.

Jesus cohorted as he teamed up with other deceptive humans to brainwash the whole world.

Some smart and intelligent governments realized this and properly dealt with him.

He died

He resurrected back to life in front of his disciples because his smart disciples stole away his body to successfully fool and outsmart the whole world.

Yet, the aloft primitive book explained the universe precisely while Jesus created the universe.

If brain is the only sacrifice required to become a Christian, then I won't fall a victim.

I can practice religion wella cuz I see it as something more of cultural activities and parental indoctrination rather than personal conviction which require sheer faith as its bases for reality.

The Bible and Jesus are one of those lenses and dimensions of reality and not reality themselves.
grin cold blooded

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
gabe:
I've actually read Prof Collins book, the language of God. I encourage all atheists to read it and follow your link or whatever. i'm where I am today because I've examined both arguments for and against God and the arguments for God come up way short. Collins' reason for believing in God are pretty daft. The summary of what convinced him is this:

CS Lewis' argument that christianity and Christ must be speaking the truth because they make a very audacious claim.

2. DNA is so well developed it must have come from God. now, in the same book, he urged against using the 'God of the gaps' argument, showing the argument for irreducible complexity has been trounced again and again. he then goes ahead to use 'the God of the gaps ' argument for the existence of DNA!

He then goes ahead to mention the presence of a conscience in all human beings as evidence for God's existence. He however failed to explain how this conscience manifests itself in the different ways people perceive right or wrong eg a pakistani muslim may be 100% convinced the right thing to is to kill his sister who left her husband's house, or an extremist may feel the best moral option open to him is to blow some people up, or a Catholic is convinced he is a terrible sinner if he doesn't eat a wafer on sunday.

No offence meant Gabe, your rebuttal here was poorly constructed and in fact enhances the stance of the honorable Prof. Collins.
Atheism is a mental illness that blocks ones ability to find truth.

If this world renowned Professor of Science, the human Gnome and many other great achievements can break free of Atheism evil grip,
what is your real fear ? Most Atheists are afraid of losing their ignorant atheist friends.

We can thank be eternally grateful for the bravery of Prof. F. Collins.
Re: The Atheists Church by Niflheim(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
@op,

I know of another Atheist who was involved in that project(Craig Venter), and he is still an Atheist till today, so what's your point? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Church by Niflheim(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
@op,

Craig Venter is pioneering synthetic life forms and described life and DNA as a "software process"!!! Please, what is the point of your lame story about professor Collins personal delusions?!!! undecided undecided undecided

Or does Professor Collins have a picture of god?

A video recording?

Which god? Could it be Brahma, the Hindu creator god?

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
gabe:

I have not used an tactics to present the facts about Prof.F. Collins conversion from Low-level Atheism to Christianity. Your dangerous Atheistic logic makes it impossible for you to accept the facts. Who are you ?

Who are you to discredit an esteemed scientist that admitted that he was a radical Atheist, but after careful study he realized that
his Atheist beliefs were based on school-boy logic.

Are you holding on to School-boy logic ?
Re: The Atheists Church by gabe: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
ScienceWatch:
I have not used an tactics to present the facts about Prof.F. Collins conversion from Low-level Atheism to Christianity. Your dangerous Atheistic logic makes it impossible for you to accept the facts. Who are you ?

Who are you to discredit an esteemed scientist that admitted that he was a radical Atheist, but after careful study he realized that
his Atheist beliefs were based on school-boy logic.

Are you holding on to School-boy logic ?
lol, typical. I was just waiting for you to resort to insults and innuendo. This just confirms my argument. You want me to believe in God just because Prof Collins says so. Nobody doubts Prof Collins pedigree as one of the foremost scientists of our time. I just said his argument for God was weak based on what I garnered from his book.
Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
gabe:
lol, typical. I was just waiting for you to resort to insults and innuendo. This just confirms my argument. You want me to believe in God just because Prof Collins says so. Nobody doubts Prof Collins pedigree as one of the foremost scientists of our time. I just said his argument for God was weak based on what I garnered from his book.
Are you really losing it !! Dont delude yourself Gabe. I dont want you to believe in God. Stay where you are !!
I am just dealing with facts.

I doubt that you really read Prof. Collins book. It is really hard to believe an unregistered Atheist. If you disappoint you prophet
Richard Dawkins by ignoring his call for tithes/registration payments, how can we trust you.

Get the book. Read Prof.F. Collins books with out red-glasses. Then express your opinion. But stay where you are Gabe.
Remain an Atheist. I know your type, even if God came down and revealed himself in front of your group you guys will curse and
masturbate.
Re: The Atheists Church by gabe: 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Are you really losing it !! Dont delude yourself Gabe. I dont want you to believe in God. Stay where you are !!
I am just dealing with facts.

I doubt that you really read Prof. Collins book. It is really hard to believe an unregistered Atheist. If you disappoint you prophet
Richard Dawkins by ignoring his call for tithes/registration payments, how can we trust you.

Get the book. Read Prof.F. Collins books with out red-glasses. Then express your opinion. But stay where you are Gabe.
Remain an Atheist. I know your type, even if God came down and revealed himself in front of your group you guys will curse and
masturbate.
lol, if I could call for tithes and registration too, I would. it's not the exclusive right of someone who attended a 6 month theology program. And if God comes down today, I would ask him why he left so little evidence of his existence.
Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
gabe:
lol, if I could call for tithes and registration too, I would. it's not the exclusive right of someone who attended a 6 month theology program. And if God comes down today, I would ask him why he left so little evidence of his existence.

What do you think God will say to youGabe, after the mountain of evidence in front of you ?
I think God will say to you, "GO TO HELL."

Would you agree. I think you would, you are a smart dude.
Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 10:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
ScienceWatch:
What do you think God will say to you, after the mountain of evidence in front of you ?
I think God will say to you, "GO TO HELL."

Would you agree. I think you would, you are a smart dude.
Yahweh or Allah? Which of the god
Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Samsimple:
You right Samsimple, Nairaland can quickly spot a chancer. The OP is so lazy and disrespectful of Nairaland readers that he simply
tossed the OP thinking Nairaland is a garbage bin. Then he missed the toss, now it is looking messy.
I agree, this is terrible for frontpage.
Re: The Atheists Church by Samsimple(m): 1:25am On Sep 26, 2017
ScienceWatch:
You right Samsimple, Nairaland can quickly spot a chancer. The OP is so lazy and disrespectful of Nairaland readers that he simply
tossed the OP thinking Nairaland is a garbage bin. Then he missed the toss, now it is looking messy.
#fact
Re: The Atheists Church by AgentOfAllah: 6:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Argumentum ad Verecundiam

ScienceWatch:

Oh my dear friend, you're hopelessly and haplessly always in consort with authority figures. Would that you knew: a respecter of science must NOT and CANNOT be a respecter of authority. Such a disposition is violently antithetical to the very foundations upon which science is built. In science, logical reasoning and incontrovertible observations are the only authorities. So if you think, for a moment, that stamping the names of respected scientists on illogical ideas - even if those ideas are really theirs - will earn such ideas credibility, then you mistake science for religion.

1 Like

Re: The Atheists Church by Samsimple(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2017
ScienceWatch u and this ur low level atheist talk is getting you into more poo
Re: The Atheists Church by hopefulLandlord: 7:21am On Sep 26, 2017
Samsimple:
#fact
this guy is wicked grin
Re: The Atheists Church by terrezo2002(m): 7:22am On Sep 26, 2017
HCpaul:

Let him continue naa

He died

No one forces you to believe in God. One day you will believe yourself, but it maybe late then
Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Re: The Atheists Church by Samsimple(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this guy is wicked grin
who
Re: The Atheists Church by ScienceWatch: 9:14am On Sep 26, 2017
Samsimple:
ScienceWatch u and this ur low level atheist talk is getting you into more poo
A low-level Atheist is a non fee paying/tithe to their failed prophet of modern Atheism. RICHARD DAWKINS is begging them to pay their fees so they can progress. But they remain too selfish and self-centred.

Why would an Atheist refuse to pay 27,000naira per month for a cause they believe in ?
Re: The Atheists Church by segunojo866: 10:01am On Sep 26, 2017
ScienceWatch:
A low-level Atheist is a non fee paying/tithe to their failed prophet of modern Atheism. RICHARD DAWKINS is begging them to pay their fees so they can progress. But they remain too selfish and self-centred.

Why would an Atheist refuse to pay 27,000naira per month for a cause they believe in ?
That story is force angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Annual Harvest & Thanksgiving Service: Dominion City Lekki Phase 1 / A London Spies In Nigeria Exposed!!! / Why Did God Destroy Sodom & Gomorrah But Not The Churches In The Slave Castles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.