Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed (1252 Views)

Fiverr Gurus. Step In, I Need Some Quick Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by Ignyte(m): 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
I installed multisite when I installed my wordpress. I have created a new site. But the problem is that the subdomain url is not valid is there anything I am missing?
Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by akinjuly77(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
First thing you need to do is to install WordPress. After that connect to your website using an FTP client like FileZilla. Edit the file wp-config.php, and add the following line just before That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.

/* Multisite */
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
Save your wp-config.php file and log in to your WordPress website. Go to Tools » Network Setup. This is the place where you will configure and set up your WordPress Multisite Network.

If you need further assistance let me know . Am Akinyemi am a Wizard at [url=climaxbox.com.ng]Climaxbox[/url]
Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by Ignyte(m): 5:53am On Sep 26, 2017
akinjuly77:
First thing you need to do is to install WordPress. After that connect to your website using an FTP client like FileZilla. Edit the file wp-config.php, and add the following line just before That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.

/* Multisite */
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
Save your wp-config.php file and log in to your WordPress website. Go to Tools » Network Setup. This is the place where you will configure and set up your WordPress Multisite Network.

If you need further assistance let me know . Am Akinyemi am a Wizard at [url=climaxbox.com.ng]Climaxbox[/url]

I did all these, how do I make the subdomain a valid url

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by SConnect: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2017
Ignyte:

Add a subdomain * from your cPanel, e.g *.yourdomain.com

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by akinjuly77(m): 6:27am On Sep 26, 2017
Ignyte:

You’ll need to create a subdomain with ‘*‘ as the subdomain name. For example, if your WordPress is installed at www.example.com then you need to create a subdomain *.example.com. However, this subdomain should point to the same directory where your WordPress is installed. Below is how to create a wildcard subdomain in cPanel.

Log in to your cPanel dashboard and then under the Domains section click on Subdomains. On the next screen simply enter * in the subdomain field. Make sure that the document root field is pointing to the directory where you have WordPress installed. This is the directory where wp-config.php file resides. Hit the create button to add the subdomain.

1 Like

Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by Ignyte(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
akinjuly77:

You’ll need to create a subdomain with ‘*‘ as the subdomain name. For example, if your WordPress is installed at www.example.com then you need to create a subdomain *.example.com. However, this subdomain should point to the same directory where your WordPress is installed. Below is how to create a wildcard subdomain in cPanel.

Log in to your cPanel dashboard and then under the Domains section click on Subdomains. On the next screen simply enter * in the subdomain field. Make sure that the document root field is pointing to the directory where you have WordPress installed. This is the directory where wp-config.php file resides. Hit the create button to add the subdomain.

Seems to have worked for now... DO I repeat the same steps for any new sub domain?
Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by akinjuly77(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
akinjuly77:

Yes hope it helps.
Re: Wordpress Gurus Help Is Needed by ayxclusive: 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ignyte:

check out this ultimate guide i used while creating my mutisite network in wordpress:
https://ayxclusiveportal.com.ng/blog/2017/12/24/wordpress-multisite/

(1) (Reply)

Bathroom Dryer / Any Adsense Account For Sell? / Fast Paying Url Shortener Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.