Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay (684 Views)

APC Replies Davido's Father Deji Adeleke's Claim Of Osun Election Being Rigged / APC Replies Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Over Money In Circulation Tweet / You’re The Rogue Elephant, APC Fires Back At Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by OKDnigeria: 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
The ruling All Progressives Congress on Monday reacted angrily to the interview granted The Nation Newspaper of Sunday by the Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-corruption (PACAC), Professor Itse Sagay (SAN).

In the said interview, Sagay described the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as “the most unprincipled group of people” who are “encouraging and accepting rogues” in the party.

He said: “When I say ‘rogues’, I don’t mean stealing. In literature, when you say someone is a rogue elephant, it means people who are running riot and destroying the party.”

In a statement signed by Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, its National Publicity Secretary, APC noted that the Webster dictionary defines ‘rogue elephant’ as “one whose behaviour resembles that of a rogue elephant in being aberrant or independent.”

But the APC noted that the description is more fitting as a description of how Sagay has conducted himself since he was appointed to handle President Buhari’s anti corruption efforts: “Clearly if we have today, anyone in our government or, by extension, the party who feels accountable only to his own ego; who does not feel the need to bridle his tongue for the sake of anything that is higher than himself; who feels independent of everyone and every institution; that person is Professor Sagay.

The party noted that when asked by the interviewer if he would stop speaking if the President asks him to stop speaking, Sagay said: “Yes, he is my employer. If he tells me to stop talking, I’ll stop talking. But I have certain rights too that I can exercise in addition to that, because I’m not going to be in a position where I am impotent. So, I must obey him, but I can go beyond that and obey myself too. That’s it.”

This, APC said in the statement is another confirmation that the description “rogue elephant” is fitting of Sagay.

The party said, “Framed in another way, what Sagay is saying here is that, no matter what is at stake, he would rather resign than obey the President if the President tries to restrain him. This is the quintessential rogue elephant behaviour.

“In his sheer arrogance, he forgets that it is impossible for him to call out the leadership of the party as “weak” and “unprincipled” without indicting the President, who is the leader of the party and has the fundamental responsibility to build the party.

“If Sagay had any iota of respect for the man who dug him back from inevitable oblivion and puts him in a position in which he now feels superior to everyone, he would channel his opinions and advice to the President on how to make the party stronger and more principled. It appears however that Sagay does not have anything constructive to say about anything. He only knows how to tear down and assault everyone and everything.

“We want to remind Sagay and all other appointees of our government that the only reason they occupy their current position today is because the APC won the election. There is, therefore, a matter of honour to show decorum and respect for the party and its leadership. You cannot love the fruit and hate the tree that produced it.”

https://www.today.ng/news/politics/17056/rogue-elephant-apc-replies-sagay?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by misterh(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2017
The plot thickens.

A house divided against itself.
Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by leofab(f): 12:09am On Sep 26, 2017
Most distasteful and disarrayed party in Africa

2 Likes

Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by Uteghe(m): 12:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Why not say same when Saraki opposes PMB?
Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by ojmaroni247(m): 1:22am On Sep 26, 2017
This is serz

Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by Episteme2(m): 1:37am On Sep 26, 2017
PDP is not even doing any opposition role in Nigeria. It's APC that's constituting opposition to itself. This government spends more time constructing and firing rebuttals than showing working for the masses to see.

1 Like

Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by vincent10(m): 4:10am On Sep 26, 2017
When it is not of the Lord it will surely scatter
Re: You’re The ‘rogue Elephant’ – APC Replies Itse Sagay by Mynd44: 6:03am On Sep 26, 2017

(1)

Don't Condemn IPOB - Tinubu Tells Nigerians / Nigeria @57: Give An Advice To The President. / The Difference Between A STATE And A NATION.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.