Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair (829 Views)

5 Secrets For Sprinkling Salt At Every Corner Of Your House / 3 Supplements To Help You Build Muscle In A Healthy Natural Way / 10 Healthy Natural Weight Loss Methods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by TempleChinedum(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2017
Cuddled From:

https:///oV7unm

Growing natural hair to its maximum length, knowing what habits to avoid and accept to retain growth and keeping hair healthy is what every naturalista wants, but knowing what should be done to promote this growth is a problem that should be fixed and on today’s episode of tips and tricks, I am going to be sharing my 5 Top secrets to growing long and healthy hair.

1. AVOID BREAKAGE

one of the important steps to growing long and healthy natural hair is avoiding breakage, and this can be achieved by sleeping on a silk or satin pillowcase or wearing a bonnet to prevent dryness and use a wide tooth comb or a demon brush, it is important to comb or brush hair when wet.

2. REGULAR MOISTURIZING.

This is the most important process for every naturalista especially the 4c hair textured queens, because our hair is dry almost all the time, we have to moisturize regularly at least twice a week. Use good moisturizing conditioners.

3. MAKE LOW MANIPULATION HAIR STYLES.

This helps to grow hair faster. it’s important that you don’t make styles that are too tight or pulls the hair, instead try styles like twist-out, braid-out, or even wash and go styles.

4. GET REGULAR TRIMS.

I know this is the last thing any naturalista would want but it’s important to trim damaged split ends every 6-8 weeks to prevent the hair from shedding.

5. EAT CLEAN!!

It is very essential to know what you put in the body, when you eat better, your hair grows better. So i recommend plenty of fruit, vegetables and protein, now I can go on and write more on this but no… comment below if you want it.

So to sum this up, following healthy hair habits will really pay off for longer, stronger and healthier hair.

Is their any tips that was left out, please share in the comment box below, you can share this post if it’s been helpful.

Let’s be friends on instagram @kinkyamiee and twitter @kinkyamiee_ . grin grin

Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by TempleChinedum(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2017
Dominique
Sissy3
Swtdarling
Mummykyrti
Aryasand
Toyinsalammy
Anitak
Beejaylere
Angelicjacy

Sorry for the long mention thought it might interest you'll tongue grin
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 26, 2017
TempleChinedum:

Aryasand

Sorry for the long mention thought it might interest you'll tongue grin
Awwww! Thanks. I'm actually a loc head but i'll check this out and tell my friends about it.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by mummykyrti(f): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Lol, just started trying to keep natural hair by not retouching since February but it ain't easy.... Thanks for the tip

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by TempleChinedum(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2017
AryaSand:

Awwww! Thanks. I'm actually a loc head but i'll check this out and tell my friends about it.

Thanks, the author I copied is a die hard naturalista and she writes about it, you can visit the blog with the link cheesy
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by ColdSun: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2017
Good heavens! Combing/brushing hair when wet But that's when the hair is even more fragile. Please I think you should make a deeper research about this, no pun intended. I'm not claiming to be wiser than you.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by TempleChinedum(m): 9:11am On Sep 26, 2017
mummykyrti:
Lol, just started trying to keep natural hair by not retouching since February but it ain't easy.... Thanks for the tip

Good to hear that, I think you should take a look at the blog, the author writes about everything you should know as do to help your transition journey.. Kudos
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by Kinkyamiee(f): 9:30am On Sep 26, 2017
mummykyrti:

Welcome dearie!!
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by Kinkyamiee(f): 9:35am On Sep 26, 2017
ColdSun:
Good heavens! Combing/brushing hair when wet But that when the hair is even more fragile. Please I think you should make a deeper research about this, no pun intended. I not claiming to be wiser than you.

Combing/brushing when wet, I met damp, not totally wet. But when totally wet, your hair should be saturated with conditioner. So it doesn't break off.
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by Kinkyamiee(f): 9:36am On Sep 26, 2017
AryaSand:

Thank you very much.
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by ColdSun: 9:38am On Sep 26, 2017
Kinkyamiee:

Combing/brushing when wet, I met damp, not totally wet. But when totally wet, your hair should be saturated with conditioner. So it doesn't break off.
kay. Not a bad idea for strong afro hair.
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 26, 2017
TempleChinedum:

Thanks, the author I copied is a die hard naturalista and she writes about it, you can visit the blog with the link cheesy
yaaaaay! I will, thanks.
Re: Top 5 Secrets: How To Grow Long And Healthy Natural Hair by Kinkyamiee(f): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
ColdSun:

kay. Not a bad idea for strong afro hair.
Yea... Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

25% Off For Geekvape ZEUS RTA Tank Atomizer|leak Proof Tank / Stop Bathing Your Baby With Hot Water, Expert Says It’s Dangerous / Parmanently Get Rid Of Infections Without Antibiotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.