Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano (790 Views)

APGA Faction Asks Obiano To Resign For Endorsing Buhari / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH) / PMB Your Government Score Card Is Very Poor, Very very Poor : PDP Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by divinehand2003(m): 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
- Peter Obi, the former governor of Anambra state, is accusing his successor, Willie Obiano, of squandering the N95 billion left in the treasury within four year

- Obi denies demanding for N7 billion from Obiano's government and gives details of what his government left for Obiano

- The former governor warns Anambra people not to give Obiano a second chance

Former Governor Peter Obi has called out his successor, Chief Willie Obiano, just weeks to the November 2017 governorship election in Anambra state.

Obi asked Obiano to tell the people of the state what happened to the N75 billion he left behind for the governor four years ago.

The former governor raised the allegation in reaction to Obiano’s claim that he demanded for N7 billion from his government.

Speaking through his special adviser, Valentine Obienyem, in a statement, Obi said he was surprised that Obiano was campaigning with an allegation that he demanded for money from him instead of telling Anambra people what happened to the N75 billion he met in the state’s treasury.

“Now that he has accepted that he did not give the N7 billion to anybody, that he should go ahead and tell Anambra people what he used their money to do, bearing in mind that major projects in the state such as roads, Awka and Nnewi malls as well as Onitsha and Agulu Hotels, among others remain abandoned.

READ ALSO: Arrest Nnamdi Kanu within 21 days or face national protest - Abia lawmakers tell FG

“We know the governor has many questions to answer and cannot run away from them through blackmail.

“For instance, on the issue of the N75 billion Obi left for him, he tried to deny it by saying he met ‘near cash’, we went on and published the banks and account numbers where the money were and the bank certified statement of accounts, but they tactically kept quiet.

”To refresh our minds, Obi left N2,139,951,400 billion in First Bank (Acc no. 2018779464) for Oko erosion; N4,909,576,925.98 billion in Sure-P Diamond account (0026290200); 1,782,568,032 billion in UBEC 1 Diamond account(0023484282); N2,101,864,766 billion UBEC 2 Diamond Account (0031151473); over N4 billion in many MDG accounts one of which was the N3,048,355,196 billion in Fidelity Bank (5030047097); over 35 billion Naira cash (set aside funds added) in all the banks,” Vanguard reported the statement as saying.

The report added that Obi said he also left $156 million - Fidelity Bank ($56 million); Diamond Bank ($50 million); and Access Bank ($50 million).

“If left as Anambra’s Future Growth Funds as conceived by Obi, the money with interest and accruals would have been about N200 billion, but Gov. Obiano has sold all of them. In fact, it was one of the disagreements about the sale that led Mr Oseloka Obaze to resign. Obiano should be busy telling us the status of these moneys rather than his current blackmail.

“Now is also the time for Obiano to justify before Anambra people why he takes N1.2 billion as security votes, which is biggest in Nigeria relative to income,” the statement said adding that it was curious that in his first six months in office, Obiano vired all the money in the MDG account, with which schools and hospitals get monetary and development support to his security vote.

Obi accused Obiano of lying to the people of the state especially with the phantom $5 million ugu export as example.

“As a seasonal vegetable, at least ugu would be exported once every year, but now, going to two years, we do not hear about it again. He recently told us that Anambra got the order to export 10 million tubers of yam, maybe he did not even realize that over 80 prcent of yam consumed in Anambra state come from Benue and Taraba states.

“He also said that Anambra is now producing over 200 metric tons of rice, when even Stines company source rice from Ebonyi state.”

Obi said there are a lot of reasons why Obiano should not be allowed to govern the state a second time.

According to the statement, some of these reasons include the signing of over 100 Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) that are not functional, the claim that Obiano attracted $7.5 billion investment to Anambra state and the concentration of 90 percent of his few development projects in his town.

Obi said instead of the governor to develop Awka, the capital of the state, he only built three falling and cracking flyovers and evacuated 50 percent of the power meant for the capital to his Aguleri town which now enjoys 24 hours power supply.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

He also allegedly relocated the on-going stadium project in Awka to his Aguleri town.

Governor Obiano was yet to react to the fresh allegations at the time of this report.

NAIJ.com earlier reported how the former governor said Willie Obiano, had under performed.

Obi said his successor has nothing to show for his four years in office.

He also said that Obiano does not deserve to be given a second chance as Anambra state governor.

https://www.naij.com/1127238-ex-govenor-obi-exposes-successor-obiano-n75b-weeks-anambra-election.html

Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Sunofgod(m): 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
Serious stuff,...
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Kingsley1000(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
obiano is an obstruction to ndi Anambra
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by ChikeOkonkwo(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kingsley1000:
my useless and hopeless father is an obstruction to ndi Anambra. He should be killed

Chike? cool

Please check out this my new picture.

Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Iykmann(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Obiano is a disgrace.Always looking drunk
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
DAN ULASI...FMR ANAMBRA STATES PDP'S CHAIRMAN ON CHANNELS TELEVISION..............

"Comparatively ,I doubt if any governor did in three years and six months in Anambra state what Gov Obiano has done.
"Obiano built the longest bridge in south-east across Omambala River and building of a bridge is not done by one naira..........Dan Ulasi.

"AWKA was a glorified local government when OBI was governor,now go to AWKA,you wouldn't know when you pass the city". ..........Dan Ulasi.

"During Obi's tenure,kidnapping ,armed robbery were the other of the day and wine carrying was being done in Lagos but Willie has restored our confidence,gave us security and we can sleep with our eyes closed"......Dan Ulasi.

"In 2010, Ojukwu said that OBI will not go for second term.Ojukwu raised the hand of Emeka Etiaba and Umeh Victor took OBI, went to Ojukwu ,laid on the floor begging Ojukwu to forgive OBI and give him a second chance"..........Dan Ulasi.

"The genesis of the problem in Anambra state between OBI and Obiano is #7b which OBI is demanding from Obiano as the money he used to make him governor.
"Even Joe-Martins Uzodike,the DG of the campaign in 2013 has been saying that.
"Obiano was paying something until he decided to stop because of recession and that's when OBI started fighting him"..........Dan Ulasi

"If OBI says Willie has not done well,let him call a press conference and tell Ndi Anambra state where Obiano is missing it instead of bringing Obaze Oseloka to fight him.
"I don't know what OBI has with the Obazes
"Four years ago,you brought out a man,he won a election,three years later,you brought out another man to fight him"........,...Dan Ulasi.

"Peter OBI did not leave #75b for Obiano but #9b.
"Even Obi's aide told us it was #9b on this station last year
"Invite officials of this government and Obi's men again and let's settle this lingering issue .
"Besides, OBI left a liability of more than #100b to Obiano as he kept awarding contracts weeks before he handed over and never paid.........Dan Ulasi

"It's so bad that OBI planted his men in Obianos government.
"Joe-Martins and Oseloka Obaze,Obi's men worked with Obiano and after every executive meeting,they will relate to OBI all that were discussed.
"Joe-martins ran down ABS as Information commissioner under OBI.
"Bring him back here and invite me".........Dan Ulasi.

"OBI Peter was the reason Jonathan lost 2015 presidential election.
"In 2011,Jonathan had around 6m votes in south-east, in 2015,when OBI was south-eastern coordinator of Jonathan's re-election campaign,Jonathan got 3m votes in south-east and that couldn't March Buhari's 2 million votes advantage........Dan Ulasi

"Catholic Church bishops in Anambra state have held almost 20 meetings to settle OBI and Obiano but OBI has decided to be unrepentant"...................Dan Ulasi

Ifeanyi Uba,Dan Ulasi ,two concerned Anambrarians who are not APGA members have spoken and more will still face the press.
Truth will continue to be unveiled during this electioneering period and remember,Prof Chukwuma Soludo said as regards Nov 18 Anambra guber election......................."If it's not broken,why mend it"
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
*PETER OBI, PERFORMANCE & ABANDONED PROJECTS...*

*Question 1. Why do political leaders seek reelection?*

Simple answer:
1. To be able to complete all their initiated projects.

2. To settle every outstanding debt owed by the govt to its respective contractors.

3. To pay all salaries, arrears, pensions etc, owed to its workers.

*Question 2. Did Peter Obi leave uncompleted projects, unpaid salaries, unpaid arrears, unpaid pensions when he handed over?*

Answers:

1. Not only did Pita Obi left monuments of uncompleted projects, he inflated the prices of projects awarded. He inherited 13 uncompleted roads from Dr. Chris Ngige who could not complete his first tenure but he (Pita Obi) went ahead to leave behind 33 uncompleted roads and many uncountable projects for the incoming Willie Obiano administration even when he had the rare privilege and opportunity to rule Anambra for complete 8donkey years.

2. Peter was owing teachers, judiciary staffs, Anambra Water Corporation, ABS staff and still went ahead to employ 5000 workers to add to already state workforce just few days before the his handing over. Wickedness of men! He actually never expected Willie Obiano to make it successfully....

*Question 3. How do we describe a failed leader....?*

Answer: A failed leader is one who left behind piles of uncompleted projects, unpaid salaries, arrears, pensions and still goes to every wedding, burials, parties, shows, seminars whether invited or uninvited, boasting of having done this, done that. A failed leader will never move on but will continue in one step forward, two steps backward. Even after leading Ndi Anambra a complete 8years and successfully hand over without probes of any allegation whatsoever, Peter Obi has continued parading himself as the state governor for the last three years initiating and executing projects he never done when he was the governor, holding one lecture here and there within the state. That is what I called political backwardness.

*Question 4. Briefly describe who is a fulfilled leader and give examples if any?*

Answer:
A fulfilled leader is one who before his handover have completed every outstanding project, paid for every ongoing projects he initiated, paid all salaries, arrears, and pensions he owed his workers and thereafter move on to a higher calling. One biblical example is KING DAVID. After he spearheaded the coronation of KING SOLOMON he left the later to take all counsels and never interfered with his judgement. Because he trusted that Solomon is equal to the task. Another example is Turaki Atiku Abubakar who even when he was elected governor of Adamawa State in 1999 has his eyes set on higher calling and when the opportunity availed he seized it immediately to become the Vice President to Olusegun Obasanjo and left the mantle of governorship to Boni Haruna who was his running mate. He never interfere with leadership in Adamawa State. He hardly show himself in Adamawa uninvited even though he is an indigene of the state. Another example is Bola Ahmed Tinubu who led Lagos State as a governor for 8years like Peter Obi did Anambra. He handed over to Bar Raji Fashola... They started with AD, formed ACN (under which Dr Chris Ngige contested for governor) and later formed APC with President Muhammed Buhari. It should be noted that after leading Lagos State Tinubu never decamped from AD but crashed AD to newly formed ACN and later formed APC the ruling party. He has never in anyway fought Fashola nor did he stoop low to initiating and commissioning biscuits and chewing gum projects here and there in the state. So Peter Obi is a failure in a
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by ifysimple(f): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hmm. All I can say, from what i see as an Anambraian residing in the state is that Obiano is better and should be given a second chance.

2 Likes

Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Lipscomb(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
undecided see foolish question just because the man no give him face though they are all thief but his question sound stupid

1 Like

Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by Yyeske(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
Peter Obi, just get it off, allow this man biko

1 Like

Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by leoniel(m): 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
Anambara state witnessed serious transformation during the period Peter Obi was the governor of the state,virtually all the sectors where worked on simultaneously but look at where they are today.Before Nigeria can work we must imbibe the character of checks and balances.All the allegations against Obiano must be properly investigated and if he is guilty....
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by baralatie(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
post=60856941:

DAN ULASI...FMR ANAMBRA STATES PDP'S CHAIRMAN ON CHANNELS TELEVISION..............

"Comparatively ,I doubt if any governor did in three years and six months in Anambra state what Gov Obiano has done.
"Obiano built the longest bridge in south-east across Omambala River and building of a bridge is not done by one naira..........Dan Ulasi.

"AWKA was a glorified local government when OBI was governor,now go to AWKA,you wouldn't know when you pass the city". ..........Dan Ulasi.

"During Obi's tenure,kidnapping ,armed robbery were the other of the day and wine carrying was being done in Lagos but Willie has restored our confidence,gave us security and we can sleep with our eyes closed"......Dan Ulasi.

"In 2010, Ojukwu said that OBI will not go for second term.Ojukwu raised the hand of Emeka Etiaba and Umeh Victor took OBI, went to Ojukwu ,laid on the floor begging Ojukwu to forgive OBI and give him a second chance"..........Dan Ulasi.

"The genesis of the problem in Anambra state between OBI and Obiano is #7b which OBI is demanding from Obiano as the money he used to make him governor.
"Even Joe-Martins Uzodike,the DG of the campaign in 2013 has been saying that.
"Obiano was paying something until he decided to stop because of recession and that's when OBI started fighting him"..........Dan Ulasi

"If OBI says Willie has not done well,let him call a press conference and tell Ndi Anambra state where Obiano is missing it instead of bringing Obaze Oseloka to fight him.
"I don't know what OBI has with the Obazes
"Four years ago,you brought out a man,he won a election,three years later,you brought out another man to fight him"........,...Dan Ulasi.

"Peter OBI did not leave #75b for Obiano but #9b.
"Even Obi's aide told us it was #9b on this station last year
"Invite officials of this government and Obi's men again and let's settle this lingering issue .
"Besides, OBI left a liability of more than #100b to Obiano as he kept awarding contracts weeks before he handed over and never paid.........Dan Ulasi

"It's so bad that OBI planted his men in Obianos government.
"Joe-Martins and Oseloka Obaze,Obi's men worked with Obiano and after every executive meeting,they will relate to OBI all that were discussed.
"Joe-martins ran down ABS as Information commissioner under OBI.
"Bring him back here and invite me".........Dan Ulasi.

"OBI Peter was the reason Jonathan lost 2015 presidential election.
"In 2011,Jonathan had around 6m votes in south-east, in 2015,when OBI was south-eastern coordinator of Jonathan's re-election campaign,Jonathan got 3m votes in south-east and that couldn't March Buhari's 2 million votes advantage........Dan Ulasi

"Catholic Church bishops in Anambra state have held almost 20 meetings to settle OBI and Obiano but OBI has decided to be unrepentant"...................Dan Ulasi

Ifeanyi Uba,Dan Ulasi ,two concerned Anambrarians who are not APGA members have spoken and more will still face the press.
Truth will continue to be unveiled during this electioneering period and remember,Prof Chukwuma Soludo said as regards Nov 18 Anambra guber election......................."If it's not broken,why mend it"
Re: How did you spend the N75b I left behind for your government? Obi asks Obiano by baralatie(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
ifysimple:
Hmm. All I can say, from what i see as an Anambraian residing in the state is that Obiano is better and should be given a second chance.

(1) (Reply)

New Photos Of Former First Lady, Hajia Maryam Abacha / UK Seeks Clarification About Kanu’s Status, Whereabouts From FG / I Designed This For Nigeria At 57

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.