Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment (52362 Views)

Senate Passes Anti-Sexual Harassment Bill / Omo-Agege Presents Sexual Harassment Bill To Senate / Akeredolu Sacks Augustine Pelemo, Called Deputy Gov.'s Wife 'Acting First Lady' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by ijustdey: 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
By Victor Ogunje in Ado Ekiti

A widow, Mrs. Mercy Ilesanmi, has accused a member of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon. Dare Pelemo, of sexual harassment and physical assault, saying Pelemo allegedly fondled her breasts on September 6 at the state Assembly complex.

Mrs Ilesanmi said miffed by the lawmaker’s imperious conduct, she raised the alarm and condemned the alleged act, but the lawmaker later allegedly mobilised thugs to beat her up.

Mrs. Ilesanmi, who spoke with journalists in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday, said the brutality on her took place in the office of the Majority Leader, Mr. Tunji Akinyele, where she had gone to lodge a complaint on the alleged sexual harassment.

She alleged that the hoodlums gave her the beating of her life and tore her clothes to shreds.

To this end, the Legal Officer of the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) in Ekiti, Mrs. Kemi Atitebi, disclosed Tuesday that the body received a complaint of sexual harassment and assault from Mrs. Ilesanmi against Pelemo.

Atitebi added that the lawmaker allegedly foiled the mediating process by shunning the invitation to come and defend himself against the allegation.

“FIDA Ekiti received the complaint of sexual harassment and assault against Hon. Dare Pelemo and the complainant is Mrs. Mercy Ilesanmi that she was assaulted and stripped naked right in the premises of the Assembly complex.

“FIDA wrote a letter to invite the respondent for us to hear his own side of the story and to mediate in the matter.

“The woman is a widow and mother of children and her dignity has been violated for the fact that she was stripped naked.

FIDA strongly condemns any form of assault against women in the state,” Atitebi said.

Speaking further, Mrs. Ilesanmi said: “I came to visit the honourable member representing my constituency, Hon. Samuel Omotoso, but I met his absence.

“On my way out, I met Hon. Dare Pelemo and we exchanged pleasantries.

Immediately, he fondled my breasts and I asked him what was the meaning of that? I am a married woman for that matter and I don’t like how he touched my breast.

“He now said that I am an enemy of government, that I do not suppose to come to the Assembly. I now asked him that, ‘is that the reason why you are touching my breasts, a married woman for that matter’? I challenged him that Pelemo, that one is too much for you.

“I went to report the matter to Hon. Akinyele and I met the Clerk in Hon. Akinyele’s office with two other visitors with him. He was on phone but I waited.

“Before I knew what was happening, Pelemo came in with some miscreants and they started beating me, destroying things in that office asking what am I doing in the House of Assembly complex that I am not supposed to be there, that I am an enemy of government.”

Lawyer to the victim, Mr. Adeoye Aribasoye, said he has forwarded a petition on the assault and sexual harassment of his client to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Chafe.

Efforts to get Pelemo’s reaction to the allegation proved abortive as he has not answered several phone calls to his mobile line, while he has also not responded to text messages sent to him.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/26/widow-accuses-lawmaker-in-ekiti-of-sexual-harassment/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6025927_image3a7544_jpegbb844278f6363c472452b4da00f3aa75 www.nairaland.com/attachments/6025928_image3a7545_jpeg476367aa474083ee406a60db0ef6f4f9

Photo credit: http://www.nemezu.com/2017/09/widow-accuses-ekiti-lawmaker-of-sexual.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by nairavsdollars(f): 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
Picture or....

4 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Nutase: 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Strong allegations.

14 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by veekid(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Land of fayose

4 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by aktolly54(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by masada: 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
hope she gets the justice she wants

18 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by ruggedtimi(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
“He now said that I am an enemy of government, that I do not suppose to come to the Assembly."...burst my head grin

10 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by yaqq: 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
ogbeni! this one strong! 1st I was expecting some pictures, it seems u re truly an enemy of the government like an APC member in Ekiti state!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by OyinloyeBA: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
veekid:
Land of fayose
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by tosyne2much(m): 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is a derogatory accusations on the path of a "Lawmaker"

I just hope he gets out of this mess he has found himself

3 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by DickDastardLION(m): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
angry sad
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by kolnel: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Let’s see how it pans out
I don’t thing there’s human right in Nigeria
Most of the leaders are bunch of touts who have no respect for the office they represent

8 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by ofuonyebi: 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
instead of blessing the poor woman with kindness and mercy he is harassing the poor woman for sex..

the devil will cut his penis!

3 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by canalily(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
A window acusses a locker for massive failure in law school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by josephine123: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
Chei
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by talk2percy(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lady, be very careful, or this mad he goat will delete u. I know he fondled ur breast....how much damages are u claiming? My advice is u settle this amicably.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Aadeyinka(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
ijustdey:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/26/widow-accuses-lawmaker-in-ekiti-of-sexual-harassment/

too bad ,will he happy if his wife or sister were threaten like some ?.,nobody above the law i guess .bcoz nija law abide on poor masses while rich or highly connected one go scot free when against the law.
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by OyinloyeBA: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
Aadeyinka:
too bad ,will he happy if his wife or sister were threaten like some ?.,nobody above the law i guess .bcoz nija law abide on poor masses while rich or highly connected one go scot free when against the law.
So you concluded he is guilty as accused?

3 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by OyinloyeBA: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
ruggedtimi:
“He now said that I am an enemy of government, that I do not suppose to come to the Assembly."...burst my head grin
Something is missing in that explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Swissheart(f): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2017
How does handling of boobs relate to being an enemy of the state.....? Ekiti State and Drama.

Btw the woman seems to know her way through to the so called honourable members.....visiting an honourable only to be harassed by another honourable, then she went to report to another honourable. Izzza honourable something

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
kolnel:
Let’s see how it pans out
I don’t thing there’s human right in Nigeria
Most of the leaders are bunch of touts who have no respect for the office they represent

If the average citizen has no regard for human rights for all humans, then the government cannot. The government is a reflection of the collective mindset of the people.
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by emperordelis(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2017
And you know all the law makers and thier offices.hmmm,another government house olosho!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Judgement12(m): 12:19am On Sep 27, 2017
how did you know she is poor?

instead of blessing the poor woman with kindness and mercy he is harassing the poor woman for sex..

the devil will cut his penis![/quote]
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by OyinloyeBA: 12:37am On Sep 27, 2017
Swissheart:
How does handling of boobs relate to being an enemy of the state.....? Ekiti State and Drama.

Btw the woman seems to know her way through to the so called honourable members.....visiting an honourable only to be harassed by another honourable, then she went to report to another honourable. Izzza honourable something
Sharp gurl

4 Likes

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by emrhyme(m): 1:03am On Sep 27, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]it is a big wa to diz people.
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by 9jatatafo(m): 1:22am On Sep 27, 2017
The rich and famous in bosom temptation

1 Like

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Flexherbal(m): 1:37am On Sep 27, 2017
This issue should be well investigated.
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by planetuzor(m): 1:41am On Sep 27, 2017
its appalling
Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Edu3Again: 2:04am On Sep 27, 2017
Thank goodness these two mumu tribes the Igbos & the Yorubas have not turned this into a tribal yabbies.
Yes its bad period.
Dem don dey get sense small by small

1 Like

Re: Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment by Caprigal: 2:12am On Sep 27, 2017
Swissheart:

What a shameful statement coming from a woman. You can't even show sympathy you are blaming her like men usually blame molested women.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi On The Candidates Town Hall Event With Kadaria Ahmed (Live Video) / Punch Reporter Leaves Aso Villa After His Expulsion (Photo) / Jimi Agbaje Campaigns In Alaba International Market With Ijebu Garri (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.