Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone (42742 Views)

Electronic Tattoo: Bill Gates Predicts Technology That Will Replace Smart Phones / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / Is There Any Other Phone As Useless As Windows Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Hyicene(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
Messenger recently stopped working with window phone 8... followed suite by whatsapp which stopped supportin window phone 8 also...
no operamini for wp 8 too
why wont their business fall.. though wp10 is better nd supports so many apps.. but no wan wants to try it bcoz of the bad impression given to them by wp8

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
dingbang:
The user interface is just annoying....

Abi.
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2017
jaxxy:
Windows os especially os8 ws a powerful and quiet nice to use alot of people actually moved to it to try it out. Its active liquid like display is 2nd to none. However it wasn't able to retain its customers due to many reasons.

1. Os wasn't flexible enough.
2. Poor and tacky apps
3 poor internet browser
3. Neva shud hv switched d name from nokia to Microsoft
4 quality design
5. No special advantage to other fones rivals

.....and you forgot to add, THE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE OF WINDOW PHONES IS A WACK.
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2017
lalasticlala:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41399823

Microsoft's Windows Phone operating system was not widely adopted
*sir pls do me a favour
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Emyogalanya: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
some idiots with no money for food will soon join him
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
TecnoServe:
cheesy

Androids taking over.

Same way Tecno will take over the market one day.

That's our aspiration and we won't relent.
I don't think that's possible
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by AAinEqGuinea: 3:10am On Oct 03, 2017
Milo30:

The Windows Phone market has already collapsed. "A good name is better than riches". It is already a failed project. Talk about MMM. No amount of rebranding (that would be cost effective. Heck even if they use cash excessively...) can fix MMM back into the financial market as a dominating institution. Steve Jobs performed a miracle with Apple when he was called back. But there was only one Steve. He brought his new company (Next computers) which already had a growing market, back into Apple and that saved them from total disaster. Even Google has failed projects too. Microsoft has always been an aggressive competitor, they are not just used to loosing.

It's over.

I just received my notice today about the death of Microsoft's always engrieved music service Zune, Xbox music, Groove music.

And because Spotify is available on Windows Phone, too, even the few users still left on Microsoft’s failed mobile platform won’t miss out.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Milo30(m): 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
AAinEqGuinea:

It's over.

I just received my notice today about the death of Microsoft's always engrieved music service Zune, Xbox music, Groove music.

:O :O :O
Why do I feel like they 'sold' their customers to Spotify? As pissed off as I should be, my curiosity has the best of me. No software company has done such as far as I know. What are they doing, abandoning the mobile market completely or licking boots? undecided
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by TecnoServe: 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
EliteBiz:

I don't think that's possible

There's a saying...

Impossible's nothing.
Re: Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
TecnoServe:

There's a saying...

Impossible's nothing.
Yh, I agree with u, There is nothing Impossible.............but if u guys (tecno) dont upgrade ur status , I dnt think so, Tecno wont even pass Africa sef, I have used Tecno phones , 2, Tecno Phantoms, currently using a nokia, my brother, I will never pray to go back to Tecno, customer service very poor and product below standard .......just my opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HUAWEI Y9 Prime 2019 Review— King Of Midrange? + Camera Samples / How To Use Cheats On Androids Without A Physical Keyboard / Social Media Acronyms Every User Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.