Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Happens Next After Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens Next After Death (1104 Views)

What Happens Next After Acceptance Into Eternity? / At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 7:31am On Mar 05, 2010
christians and Muslims i am really wondering till now about this fact we born we die we do not kow where come from and where we go when we die we are burried our body turn on dust we were inoncetly born without our own feelings what really happens
Re: What Happens Next After Death by e36991: 9:50am On Mar 05, 2010
FMK:

Christians  and  Muslims 

I am really wondering till now about this fact, we born we die, we do not know where we come from and where we go when  we die 

We are buried, our body turns to dust,  we were innocently born without our own feelings     What really happens

@FMK

After death one is kept or held in a "holding area" awaiting judgment . . .

Scriptures:

Hebrews 9:27

New International Version (NIV)

Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Amplified Bible (AMP)

And just as it is appointed for [all] men once to die, and after that the [certain] judgment,

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

We die only once, and then we are judged.

King James Version (KJV)

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Re: What Happens Next After Death by DeepSight(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2010
What is Judgement?
Re: What Happens Next After Death by e36991: 10:51am On Mar 05, 2010
Deep Sight:

What is Judgement?

@Deep Sight

Mildly or crudely put judgment is synonymous with the process used in arriving at how "things" end up in the proverbial trash can.

Examples of  "things" maybe an incorrectly written draft memo, ripped clothes etc

Dont you judge?

What were you doing when you arrived at the decision to put on the shirt or buba you have on now

as opposed to still wearing the last one you had on prior to the change?
Re: What Happens Next After Death by jagunlabi(m): 11:23am On Mar 05, 2010
FMK:

christians   and  Muslims   i am really wondering till now about this fact   we born we die  we do not kow where come from and where we go when  we die  we are burried our  body turn on dust  we were inoncetly born without our own feelings     what really happens
How do you realistically expect anybody to know the answer to this question?A person has to die first before he/she knows what is going on on the other side,no?Any opinion offered by anyone say here is based on mere guesswork.
Re: What Happens Next After Death by e36991: 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
Jagunlabi:

How do you realistically expect anybody to know the answer to this question?

A person has to die first before he/she knows what is going on on the other side, no?

Any opinion offered by anyone say here is based on mere guesswork.

@FMK

Scriptures:

Psalm 146:3-5

Amplified Bible (AMP)

3Put not your trust in Jagunlabi princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no help.

4When his breath leaves him, he returns to his earth; in that very day his [previous] thoughts, plans, and purposes perish.

5Happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) is he who has the God of [special revelation to] Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God,

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

3Trust not in Jagunlabi princes -- in a son of man, For he hath no deliverance.

4His spirit goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, In that day have his thoughts perish[/b]ed.

5[b]O the happiness of him Who hath
the God of Jacob for his help, His hope [is] on Jehovah his God,

Re: What Happens Next After Death by whiteroses(f): 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2010
deep sleep baby  grin grin
nothing more nothing less but naive africans always beleiving buulcrap. we'd sleep like a wood and in the end God will call us all. Earthlings that aren't dead at the time of call will also join them. when they get there most will be cast into hell and some of us will follow jesus home to meet God. and if you are a jehovah witness then God will recreate the earth and you will come back to a new earth called paradise jesus will be the leader and your best friend might be a lion  tongue
Re: What Happens Next After Death by alimat2(f): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
whiteroses:

deep sleep baby  grin grin
nothing more nothing less but naive africans always beleiving buulcrap. we'd sleep like a wood and in the end God will call us all. Earthlings that aren't dead at the time of call will also join them. when they get there most will be cast into hell and some of us will follow jesus home to meet God. and if you are a jehovah witness then God will recreate the earth and you will come back to a new earth called paradise jesus will be the leader and your best friend might be a lion tongue

So what will have to other xtians that r not jehovah witness  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked?
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
[size=13pt]If it so happens that ones existence can end at any time and is not everlasting, it makes ones existence pointless in the first place and really, the ultimate form of cruelty.

I do really want to point out the reality on this issue of ''Life after death''- and i think most of you wouldn't be safisfied with my own part of view but i've just have to share it and together we can learn progressively.

The universe doesn't care if there is life in it - it does not benefit from it. Yet life, and especially more advanced life with consciousness like us humans, came about. A 'driving force' in the universe behind it that made it all happen would make some sense of it all. Many would call such a driving force, God. Okay , Considering the fact we have our universe and matter and energy in it, we have to think why is there something rather than nothing? For without a Creator or some spiritual force behind it all, would it not be expected there would be nothing? huh .

It is difficult for some of us to believe there is life after death because it is all seems too incredible that we have a soul which leaves the body upon physical death and goes on to somewhere else. This is more so the case when many of us are wrapped up in our busy day to day lives with little time for reflection. Then we do not take time out to ponder how the bigger scheme of things might be because it has little bearing on our busy every day life with all its commitments, responsibilities, and distractions. If we were to put ourselves in a very dark room with no sounds or distractions when we are not tired or sleepy, and engage in deep thought about the subject, then we may have more insight into what may actually be the truth. Of course the alternative, that there is no survival of consciousness, is all too hard to believe for many of us also.

If we came from the 'other side', then should we not have fear of returning to it. So we should not have a fear of death as we could make the assumption that we would likely have some instinct built into us that we don't need to worry about our mortality since we are immortal. However, for the large part, this fear of death exists in most people to varying degrees. i ask why are we not aware of where we came from and where we are going when we die? Why do we exist at all? What is the purpose of our existence and our life in this world? If we are reincarnated so that we may improve our souls, then should we not know this? If, as taught by Christianity this is our only life on earth, then why do we not have direct knowledge of this? Why is God not in direct contact with us? Maybe not knowing is a better 'test' for us. Going into this life on earth maybe we know the answers to the preceding questions, but once here this knowledge is 'taken' from us and we only can speculate - we therefore live our lives differently possibly and are not motivated by some selfish reward for a good life lived and the suffering we endure is of greater benefit to us. In other words, having direct knowledge of the afterlife would mean we would be motivated by reward (spiritual improvement) in our actions and would not suffer as much and therefore would not improve as much spiritually.
[/size]
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Dolemite(f): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2010
No one ACTUALLY knows, Christians who have experienced near death say their bodies were lifted up into a white light in the sky, and they heard voices of angels. . .well fighter jet pilots who aren't Christians also experienced the exact same thing when they reached extreme gravitational forces and were knocked out, so who knows, but there definitely no heaven and hell - that rubbish is made up by man.
Re: What Happens Next After Death by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2010
Actually I love the old mexican traditionalists who think God is an eagle who eats righteous souls because he cannot feed on unclean (tainted souls)

When you think of it you begin to wonder why all the bruhaha on living a righteous life so you could go to heaven and get earthly rewards and live without dying or aging, let me guess a 70-year old man will be re-tuned to a 20-year old stallion. niggu pleaseeeee.
Re: What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dolemite:

No one ACTUALLY knows, Christians who have experienced near death say their bodies were lifted up into a white light in the sky, and they heard voices of angels. . .well fighter jet pilots who aren't Christians also experienced the exact same thing when they reached extreme gravitational forces and were knocked out, so who knows, but there definitely no heaven and hell - that rubbish is made up by man.

when we are in Unconsciousness state our brain works like computer reflect and read all files you got in your memory that we can call antivirus and Disk check up process that not to clean instrcution files and Operation system and repair all files seem to be destroyed that is the process this is the same with our Brain during this state you can become everything Pilot, Superman, sometimes we say that as follow

i saw jesus, I saw God i was in heaven etc,
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nimshi: 1:55am On Mar 06, 2010
FMK:

christians and Muslims i am really wondering till now about this fact we born we die we do not kow where come from and where we go when we die we are burried our body turn on dust we were inoncetly born without our own feelings what really happens

Regarding the ". . . we do not kow where come from . . . " . . . that could be easily solved by a few blood samples and a good interpreter of the results, don't you think?
Re: What Happens Next After Death by abc4lyf: 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2010
We are all from God & unto Him we are returning ( both christian and muslim ). The Bible says it is appointed 4 man 2 die once after dat judgement and the Quaran says INNALLILAHI WAINILAHI RAJUN i.e we comes from God & unto Him we are returning.
In fact, there is judgement after death for both the christian and the muslim, Be ware!
Re: What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2010
abc4lyf:

We are all from God & unto Him we are returning ( both christian and muslim ). The Bible says it is appointed 4 man 2 die once after dat judgement and the Quaran says INNALLILAHI WAINILAHI RAJUN i.e we comes from God & unto Him we are returning.
In fact, there is judgement after death for both the christian and the muslim, Be ware!

have you ever seen someone being judged after death or the Books have been written by men told you ?
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:20am On Mar 12, 2010
[size=13pt]For those of us who want there to be an afterlife (there's something wrong with your thought process if you don't), we should take strong comfort in the fact that there actually is such strong and varied evidence for it . Although not one of these types of evidence by itself would constitute absolute proof, the sum total of all the evidence is so much more than what we should expect if there were no survival of consciousness. Maybe we would not have any of this evidence whatsoever if there were no survival of consciousness (ie. why is all this varied and diverse evidence present at all in the first place? .

[/size]
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Kay17: 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2010
maybe, bleeping bitc**** and gettin drunk and sipping ice water. grin grin grin grin grin. the unpredictable nature and uncertainty of life after death, invokes wishful thinking and hope of a better life and a utopia. the reality is possibly that we cease to exist.
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2010
------ grin grin grin
Kay 17:

maybe, bleeping bitc**** and gettin drunk and sipping ice water. grin grin grin grin grin. the unpredictable nature and uncertainty of life after death, invokes wishful thinking and hope of a better life and a utopia. the reality is possibly that we cease to exist.
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
There would be judgement
Re: What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
nothing happens after death
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
FMK: nothing happens after death
YOUR BODY RETURNS TO THE GROUND AND YOUR SPIRIT GOES TO REST WITH THE LORD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ). IN DUE TIME YOU WILL BE REINCARNATED INTO THE EARTH FOR JUDGEMENT DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE. ( JOHN 9 VS 2 ) ( ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 16 )
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
obadiah777: YOUR BODY RETURNS TO THE GROUND AND YOUR SPIRIT GOES TO REST WITH THE LORD ( ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7 ). IN DUE TIME YOU WILL BE REINCARNATED INTO THE EARTH FOR JUDGEMENT DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE. ( JOHN 9 VS 2 ) ( ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 16 )

Bros I hail; this ur reincarnation & judgement is confusing. could you please throw more light? gringrin
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
seriallink:

Bros I hail; this ur reincarnation & judgement is confusing. could you please throw more light? gringrin
I troway salute Sir grin. well the place of judgement is on earth ( ecclesiastes 3 vs 16 ). on earth is where you pay for your sins. heaven and hell is on earth. when you die, your spirit returns to rest in the spirit world. then in the 3rd or 4th generation you are 'spat' back into the earth in a new body as a new baby ( but with the same spirit ). in your new body will you pay for crimes you committed with your old body when you were on earth previously. some crimes you pay for immediately when you are on earth but some you pay for when you return in the reincarnations. spirits are not destroyed. they are simply recycled into new bodys every 3rd or fourth generation.
Re: What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 10:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
obadiah777: I troway salute Sir grin. well the place of judgement is on earth ( ecclesiastes 3 vs 16 ). on earth is where you pay for your sins. heaven and hell is on earth. when you die, your spirit returns to rest in the spirit world. then in the 3rd or 4th generation you are 'spat' back into the earth in a new body as a new baby ( but with the same spirit ). in your new body will you pay for crimes you committed with your old body when you were on earth previously. some crimes you pay for immediately when you are on earth but some you pay for when you return in the reincarnations. spirits are not destroyed. they are simply recycled into new bodys every 3rd or fourth generation.

whose theories are these ?
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
FMK:

whose theories are these ?
THE LORDS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ALL THE BIBLICAL VERSES. I DID NOT WANT TO INUNDATE WITH TOO MANY VERSES
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: I troway salute Sir grin. well the place of judgement is on earth ( ecclesiastes 3 vs 16 ). on earth is where you pay for your sins. heaven and hell is on earth. when you die, your spirit returns to rest in the spirit world. then in the 3rd or 4th generation you are 'spat' back into the earth in a new body as a new baby ( but with the same spirit ). in your new body will you pay for crimes you committed with your old body when you were on earth previously. some crimes you pay for immediately when you are on earth but some you pay for when you return in the reincarnations. spirits are not destroyed. they are simply recycled into new bodys every 3rd or fourth generation.

gringrin so you wholeheartly believe in this reincarnation thing right? I have never heard it anywhere, it's new to me gringrin
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: THE LORDS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ALL THE BIBLICAL VERSES. I DID NOT WANT TO INUNDATE WITH TOO MANY VERSES

Please I need the biblical backups grin
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 14, 2012
seriallink:

gringrin so you wholeheartly believe in this reincarnation thing right? I have never heard it anywhere, it's new to me gringrin
see the thing about the reincarnation, you have to read the bible with a heightened sense before you see it because it is subtle. here are some subtle yet overt reincarnation verses. i have over 20 reincarnation verses but i will give you 5 of them and see how receptive you are to subtlety.

1-revelation 1 vs 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. those who pierced him 2000 years ago will be on earth and will see him when he returns and i am sure they will literally shyttt on themselves out of fear LOL. so answer me this ? how is someone who lived 2000 years ago going to be on earth again when Christ returns ? REINCARNATION.

2-REVELATION 14 VS 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. how does your works follow you when you are dead ? they follow you into the next life you are reincarnated into. once you die in Christ, you are sealed forever. every time you reincarnate

3-JOHN 9 VS 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? if you are born blind when did you sin to be born blind ? cant be in this lifetime cuz you are born blind for punishment

4-jOB 19 VS 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

5-ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past. God requires that which is past. your past sins are required. how do you pay for them if you are dead ? remember spirits dont feel pain. only the body does. REINCARNATION
Re: What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 9:00am On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: see the thing about the reincarnation, you have to read the bible with a heightened sense before you see it because it is subtle. here are some subtle yet overt reincarnation verses. i have over 20 reincarnation verses but i will give you 5 of them and see how receptive you are to subtlety.

1-revelation 1 vs 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. those who pierced him 2000 years ago will be on earth and will see him when he returns and i am sure they will literally shyttt on themselves out of fear LOL. so answer me this ? how is someone who lived 2000 years ago going to be on earth again when Christ returns ? REINCARNATION.

2-REVELATION 14 VS 13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. how does your works follow you when you are dead ? they follow you into the next life you are reincarnated into. once you die in Christ, you are sealed forever. every time you reincarnate

3-JOHN 9 VS 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? if you are born blind when did you sin to be born blind ? cant be in this lifetime cuz you are born blind for punishment

4-jOB 19 VS 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

5-ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past. God requires that which is past. your past sins are required. how do you pay for them if you are dead ? remember spirits dont feel pain. only the body does. REINCARNATION

i Imagine how many time people died 400000 years ago will reincarnate that is mirage
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2012
FMK:

i Imagine how many time people died 400000 years ago will reincarnate that is mirage
I AM NOT SURE THE EARTH IS THAT MUCH OLD. HOWEVER SOMEONE BORN AROUND 7000 YEARS AGO AND ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE WE REINCARNATE INTO THE WORLD EVERY 3 OR 4TH GENERATION, LETS ASSUME A WOMAN GIVES BIRTH AT THE AGE OF 25, MEANING IT WILL TAKE 100 YEARS FOR THE SAME PERSON TO REINCARNATE. THIS MEANS THAT THE AVERAGE PERSON ON EARTH TODAY HAS HAD AROUND 70 LIVES. QUITE AN ASTOUNDING EXPOSITION, EVEN IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF grin

IF AFTER 70 LIVES YOU HAVENT FOUND GOD YET ? ITS ETERNAL DAMNATION FOR YOU. THAT MEANS YOU ARE REBELLIOUS. YOU ONLY GET SO MANY CHANCES
Re: What Happens Next After Death by FMK(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2012
obadiah777: I AM NOT SURE THE EARTH IS THAT MUCH OLD. HOWEVER SOMEONE BORN AROUND 7000 YEARS AGO AND ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE WE REINCARNATE INTO THE

do not make me laughing grin you are 21st century creation you do not have any idea about the age of the universe believe that universe existed 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years ago
Re: What Happens Next After Death by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2012
FMK:

do not make me laughing grin you are 21st century creation you do not have any idea about the age of the universe believe that universe existed 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years ago
you are right i do not have an idea of how much the world is. however i am going by biblical genealogy wink

(1) (Reply)

Is The Christian God And Muslim God The Same ?/ What Is The Name Of God ? / The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? / Why Is There No Christian Section Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.