Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R (330 Views)

Undeclared Assets: Onnoghen To Forfeit Huge Sums, Houses / "Two South-East Governors To Join APC" – Okorocha / Owners Of Apartment Where Huge Sums Were Found By EFCC In Lagos Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by lightblazingnow(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums of Money to Dump APC – Okorocha Reveals
onlinenigeria.com

The Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha has revealed that former President Goodluck Jonathan offered him huge sums of money, a second term ticket and an influential ministry in a bid to woo him into the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before the 2015 general elections.

According to NewTelegraph, Okorocha said he refused Jonathan’s offer and remained with the All Progressives Congress (APC). The Imo State Governor revealed this while speaking at a meeting with the people of Njaba Local Government Area of the state who paid him a solidarity visit on his 55th birthday celebration.

Okorocha said he was at the time, convinced that the APC would resoundingly defeat the PDP because Nigerians were tired of the bad governance PDP represented.

He noted, however, that in spite of his sacrifices and contributions to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari by way of preventing the PDP from rigging their way to power; he had not been treated fairly.

“Look at Rivers State where they rigged Rotimi Amaechi out by allocating over 1.2 million votes to the PDP, yet he got lots of juicy positions like the Ministry of Transport, NIMASA and all that. “But, in all these, have you seen me complain? No, because I know that one day, my time will come and President Buhari will remember me,” he said.

The governor appealed to the people of Njaba, who had felt marginalized in the areas of projects and appointments to emulate him by being patient, and assured them that they would feature prominently in his next appointments. “It may look like it would never come, but if you remain consistent; it would surely come through for you,” he said.

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/news/latestnews/2014-former-president-jonathan-offered-me-huge-sums-of-money-to-dump-apc-%E2%80%93-okorocha-reveals.html

Re: Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by lightblazingnow(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Anything
Re: Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by Buharimustgo: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
Okoroawusa u will see by the end of your tenure your middle name will be Aaron because u will be leaving empty handed by then you will realize that you have been used and dumped
Re: Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by tashashiel(f): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nawa o still on Goodluck matter
Re: Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by eagleeye2: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
grin
Asari don talk him own. the next thing is to find a way to lay claim to GEJs own. Quantinu
Re: Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by Quoran: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
Making these utterances won't make Buhari consider you. You are nagging like a loser!
Re: Former President Jonathan Offered Me Huge Sums Of Money To Dump APC – Okorocha R by Mynd44: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2017

(1)

Biafra: Fr. Mbaka Is Sabotaging Biafra Agitation, He Will Soon Be Ban / Restructuring: We Will Not Implement 2014 Confab Report - Presidency / Buhari And Shekau Are Ideologically One And The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.