Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her (24771 Views)

Emmanuel Ume: Kidnappers Kill Man After Collecting N5M Ransom / Man Dumps Concubine’s Body Inside Bush, Claims She Died After Sex / Man Dumps Fiancee After Introduction In Edo & Duping Her Of 4.2M Marries Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by ijustdey: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
CYRIACUS IZUEKWE

A 29-year old man, Mr Ebuka Okeke has been arrested and charged before a Lagos court for allegedly obtaining N1.9m from a single lady identified as Ogochukwu Ogbuehi under the false pretence that he will marry her but dumped her thereafter.

P.M.EXPRESS reports that apart from obtaining the money, Okeke brought a baked cake and made her take an oath that she will not tell anyone that he collected the said money to marry her. The incident happened between March and July this year at the Iyana Ipaja area of Lagos where the suspect and the complainant reside.

The suspect also went to the victim’s shop and drank assorted drinks worth N20,000 without paying at the same period.

However, it turned out that it was a scam and ploy Okeke used to obtain money from her as he did not fulfill his own side of the bargain.

Ogochukwu waited for Okeke to come and perform the marriage rites as they agreed but he was not forthcoming. She asked to know why he had not fulfilled his promise and he gave flimsy excuses. The lady then demanded for her money but he refused giving her back. The matter was reported to the Police at Area M Command, Idimu. Okeke was then arrested and taken to the Command for interrogation.

P.M.EXPRESS gathered that Okeke admitted that he collected the said amount from her and also promised to marry her. He said he found it difficult to convince his family to accept the lady because she was far older than him. He also explained that he had spent the money and asked to be given time to pay her in bits.

Okeke was charged before the Ejigbo Magistrates court for obtaining under false pretence and placing the victim under false oath. He pleaded not guilty and the presiding Magistrate, Mr Akeem Fashola granted him bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum. He was remanded in prison custody pending when he will perfect the bail condition and the matter was further adjourned till 18th of October, 2017.

http://pmexpressng.com/man-dumps-lady-collecting-n1-9m-marry/

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by akinade28(f): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wonder will never cease, I can't just imagine y a woman will pay a man to marry her, when she can just use d money to do business and get a lot of returns from it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
Lol,
Silly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by mofeoluwadassah: 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
slaying without brain she deserves a very hot slap lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by dominique(f): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Some women and their desperation to marry sha.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by sisisioge: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I thought they said we don't practice the dowry payment in naija. Well, maybe she didn't see the memo ni.

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by greatface(m): 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
This One No Be Small Thing oo

This is what happens when you keep forming slay queen at your prime but as you get older, even slowpokes become too busy to say "HI".

Hope someone learns from this though.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by vchykp(m): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
sincerely the guy should not be blammed 100%, a lady based in SA from eastern nig once gave me that devilish offer, i never accepted because i knew i am more than whatever she has.. my point is, this desperate women has thier way of luring you into what you dont want, you wont know when you succumb, if you say NO, its a big wahala, i cant deal, so i had to let her know it cant work, best option than disgracing yourslef is QUIT, you can always make money... Good name is better than riches.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Franky826: 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ebuka graduated from being a gold digger to a diamond digger.

Ebuka ogini??

Still drink like 20k on top her shop?

Can we call this one 'man hoe'

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by greatface(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Ebuka vs Ogochukwu...

Aba Jews and 419 are like white on rice.

This isn't a crime in our promised land,

NEXT!
I wanted to pray you receive sense but unfortunately, it's of no need because you both don't match. It's just like forcing light and darkness to co-exist in same container.

Very bad idea.

28 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by MasterKim: 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
I don't know why Igbo ladies in the west get older before they get married

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by vchykp(m): 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
MasterKim:
I don't know why Igbo ladies in the west get older before they get married

bride prize nd character

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by vchykp(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
greatface:
I wanted to pray you receive sense but unfortunately, it's of no need because you both don't match. It's just like forcing light and darkness to co-exist in same container.

Very bad idea.
hahahahahahaha.... thats a nyc dose for his condition

3 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by LexngtonSteele: 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2017
vchykp:

Pained ipad youth grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by greatface(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
vchykp:
Seriously, Some People's Stupidity Has No Limit.

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by vchykp(m): 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
greatface:
Seriously, Some People's Stupidity Has No Limit.

for him eye him dey make sense..

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by vchykp(m): 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Pained ipad youth grin
you are the pained individual here bro

3 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by vchykp(m): 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Pained ipad youth grin

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by LexngtonSteele: 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
vchykp:

The double quotes show your tears grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by DanielsParker(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2017
okay, good.
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Moving4: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Ro10kny: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2017
This is crazy Mehn
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Esusustuffs: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2017
Bad.visit www.esusustuffs.com for amazing products.
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by 1miccza: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2017
Was that woman high or something??Pay someone to marry you
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Financialfree: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 28, 2017
undecided
Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by SenorFax(m): 8:55am On Sep 28, 2017
So it has come to that,

Paying guys for marriage....

Oya come and pay me make i dash you wedding na

1 Like

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by BornAgainMay: 8:55am On Sep 28, 2017
shocked

All these ladies above shouting this n that..

I know you ppl r still below 20 n undergraduates.

By the time you finish school n you start clocking 35 without marriage, you know that Bible can be your best companion.

Then, we will know if you will have to pay more than that or not...

9 Likes

Re: Man Dumps Lady After Collecting N1.9m To Marry Her by 2shure: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2017
Thats what they call maye.
Men 1.9m for dis time
With free sex
Food
And booze of 20k..dah guy na chair abeg.
Igbos nor dey use eye see money o.
Them must scam.drugs ..any way na way

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Neutralize 5 Armed Bandits In Kaduna, Rescue 9 Kidnapped Victims (Pix) / Graphic Photos: Another Young Man (allegedly) Killed By Police In Gombe State / Man '3quate' Killed In Abuja After Being Accused Wrongly Of Stealing A Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.