Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness (11501 Views)

Fayose’s Trial: We Moved N1.2b Cash In Three Planes, Says Witness / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 / Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by masterpiece86: 3:56am On Sep 28, 2017
The Managing Director of Paste Poster Company Limited, Mr. Olusegun Idowu, has alleged that ex-president Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign organisation owes his company N24m for the printing of posters for the 2015 presidential election.

This sum, according to him, was part of a total of N54million poster pasting and consultancy jobs which his company did for the campaign organisation in the build-up to the last general elections.

Idowu made the claims yesterday while giving evidence before the Federal High Court in Lagos, where the then Director of Media and Publicity of the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode, is being prosecuted for an alleged fraud of N4.9bn.

Idowu, a media consultant, was the first witness called by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to prove its case against Fani-Kayode and three others.

He said his company was paid N30m cash in tranches of N6million and N24m for consultancy and printing of the ex-president’s campaign posters, while another N24m remained unpaid till date.

While being cross-examined by Fani-Kayode’s lawyer, Mr Norrison Quakers (SAN), Idowu told the court that his company got the poster printing job from the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organisation through referral by a member of the organisation, Aderemi Ajidahun.

The media consultant, whose company’s office is on Lagos Island, said one Oke related with his company on behalf of the campaign organisation.

He said his company received the cash payments of N24million and N6million from Oke.

When asked by Quakers whether he had any direct dealing with Fani-Kayode, Idowu said he never had any direct dealing with him.

The case was adjourned till November 20, 21 and 22 for the continuation of trial.

Standing trial alongside Fani-Kayode for the alleged fraud relating to the ex-president’s campaign is a former minister of state for finance, Nenadi Usman, as well as one Danjuma Yusuf and a company, Joint Trust Dimensions Ltd.

The defendants were arraigned before Justice Rilwan Aikawa on 17 counts bordering on conspiracy, unlawful retention of proceeds of theft and money laundering.

They, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

In the charges, Fani-Kayode was accused of conspiring with the other defendants to, directly and indirectly, retain various sums which the EFCC claimed they ought to have reasonably known were proceeds of crime.

The defendants, in one of the counts, were accused of conspiring among themselves to “indirectly retain the sum of N1,500, 000,000.00, which sum you reasonably ought to have known forms part of the proceeds of an unlawful act to wit: stealing.”

They were also accused of indirectly retaining N300m, N400m, and N800m, which according to the anti-graft agency, were all proceeds of corruption.

EFCC said they allegedly committed the offence between January 8 and March 25, 2015, ahead of the 2015 general election.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/28/fani-kayode-jonathans-campaign-organisation-owes-my-company-n24m-says-witness/

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by LionDeLeo: 4:34am On Sep 28, 2017
Gone are the days when access to the national treasury was easier than drinking a glass of water, this would have been settled long ago.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by PointZerom: 5:29am On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Gone are the days when access to the national treasury was easier than drinking a glass of water, this would have been settled long as ago.

Just like Buhari settled the money he borrowed from the Bank to buy APC'S presidential ticket.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by madridguy(m): 5:32am On Sep 28, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by NigerDeltan(m): 7:01am On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Gone are the days when access to the national treasury was easier than drinking a glass of water, this would have been settled long as ago.

True!
Even Timipre Sylva's 48 mansion case has been settled by Buhari

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by greatiyk4u(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2017
These are signs of Change

Slow and steady, we shall start getting it right

All animal are becoming equal under Baba regime

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by LionDeLeo: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2017
PointZerom:

Just like Buhari settled the money he borrowed from the Bank to buy APC'S presidential ticket.
Dis one want kill himself inside my mention. grin grin grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by PointZerom: 7:45am On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Madridguy is sharing APC'S witchcraft broom for next general elrection goan collect yours. Pls notify sarrki and omenka.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by ExInferis(m): 7:45am On Sep 28, 2017
PointZerom:

That record is broken. Sing another song.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by LionDeLeo: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2017
PointZerom:

Madridguy is sharing APC'S witchcraft broom for next general elrection goan collect yours. Pls notify sarrki and omenka.
Which kind wahala be dis? undecided

I beg you in the name of Shuku okuko abiama, leave my mention alone. Na by force? Is it that if you don't quote me, your situation will not improve?

Nairalanders, make una see me see wahala.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I beg you in the name of Shuku okuko abiama, leave my mention alone. Na by force? Is it that if you don't quote me, your situation will not improve?

Stop posting nonsense for attention.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by LionDeLeo: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Stop posting nonsense for attention.

Tell ipob terrorist fools to stop reasoning like pigs.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by PointZerom: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Don't tell me you want to go to your kneels like omenka.

4 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by LionDeLeo: 10:20am On Sep 28, 2017
PointZerom:

Don't tell me you want to go to your kneels like omenka.

It's this Aba made variety of English language that I don't want. undecided

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by PointZerom: 10:39am On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

It's this Aba made variety of English language that I don't want. undecided

I know that my trap will catch Buhari's baboons and monkeys.

Ask omenka, he'll tell you better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by LionDeLeo: 10:40am On Sep 28, 2017
PointZerom:

I know that my trap will catch Buhari's baboons and monkeys.

Ask omenka, he'll tell you better.
Nawao. Which kind obsession be dis, biko?

Were you by any chance told your drugs are in my hands?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by planetzoom: 11:23am On Sep 28, 2017
Thank God buhari has paid fully for all his posters. Including d 24 million he borrowed to buy APC form. Dont ask me where he got d money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by Youngsage: 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by allanphash7(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bincas launcher
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by bizza45: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
Go and take d money if dem born u wella
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by Benekruku(m): 8:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
Cant we just sell the country and share the money

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by Bolustical: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Sorry for the man,

If he had known the ATM-Dasuki one on one, he would collected his money since.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by Bolustical: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
yes
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by hmabdool(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ineffectual buffoon has been sacked from Asorock grin grin No kobo for u again cheesy tongue
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by NothingDoMe: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

He tell you truth oga hungerbad. You can challenge his comment. Don't take it personal grin

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by maskid(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Gone are the days when access to the national treasury was easier than drinking a glass of water, this would have been settled long ago.

like the babachir and NIA case.....

did i mean settled no it wasnt settled, it was trashed!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by maskid(m): 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

yes ooo settled for sure. i remember the buratai case with arms procurement .. dats what we call SETTLEMENT grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dem Don chop your money among themselves. Pele
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by Holuwahyomzzy: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by ikukuhero: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Hahahahahaa
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by toyecoach(m): 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wasted money, bad Venture
Re: Fani-Kayode: Jonathan's Campaign Organisation Owes My Company N24m, Says Witness by quiverfull(m): 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
Shameless yam eating goats...the lot of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Departs For Addis Ababa For 30th AU Summit / Why Obi Is A Unique VP Pick- Sun Newspaper / Buhari Can’t Be Stampeded Into Signing Electoral Act Amendment Bill –senate Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.