Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet (38930 Views)

Video Of Trains Being Test Run On The Red Line Tracks In Lagos. / The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / Photos Of Nigerians Who Died Of Hunger While Crossing From Desert To Europe (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Opistorincos(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
These people ehn
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Yusluv77(m): 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
What a country compare to ours..

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by stephen109(m): 12:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
it is high time ,our babalawos and witches use their powers for greatness and not for free wickedness,#10 to kill 20 person chai! Africa!

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by chynie: 12:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
a
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Sanctecosma(m): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
An exact timeline is hard to come by, but the country has previously announced it plans to launch a space probe to Mars in 2020. The "Hope" probe will orbit the planet and study it for the next three years.

“The Mars 2117 Project is a long term project, where our first objective is to develop our educational system so our sons will be able to lead scientific research across the various sectors,” Sheikh Mohamed said .

... A Leader with vision

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Ryabcool(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
ordinary 100m Euros to build such? Yet one former oil minister swallowed a whole 90 BILLION DOLLARS without breaking a sweat. And we say we are not cursed?
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by symbianDON(m): 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
colossus91:
and nigeria is still tackling flooding eh eh eh!,
flood ke? Nigeria tackle flood abi na flood de tackle Nigeria grin I say the most basic need of man, food, Nigeria never fit tackle you de go far far talk of flood
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by SofiaAmrozia(f): 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
No be oil dem get? the same oil we sef get ahbi?
A country with a vision, a country with accountable leaders. if I no go Dubai, make I know Wetin go cause am...
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
This shows the difference between a heart that is genuine and the heart that is wicked ,same source of wealth but different development angry

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Chai.. ..so this thing way I watched for film no be real...well I remove my cap for the UAE...we are here in Nigeria fighting for restructuring and seccesion while some are planning on how to buy another country in mass... May God forgive us all for the problems of Nigeria...

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by ivolt: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
damola311:
and this is same country in which our source of income is same....

Something like this attract tourists which leads to more generated income, but our leaders here are only after their pockets.

All country leaders are after their own pockets but some citizens demand for their rights.
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by bigyouth: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
With brains my dear; not money!!

We have money but no creativity hence poverty sad

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Seedorffay: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hope our leaders can learn from these people.
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by paradigmshift(m): 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
only in Dubai.
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Bluffly: 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Arab oil money used properly. Meanwhile here,only one man fit embezzle that kinda amount. Common 24hrs light person no fit see.

What a wicked country
it is what a wicked set of people.

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by BornAgainMay: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jesus Christ

How is this ppl thinking that African leaders doesn't think?

Which kind head them get?

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Josephshola: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
May God Almighty have mercy on this our own leaders.
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by tlops(m): 1:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
That is a country trying to develop her people and the earth. Nigerian leaders are looting and the people are praying while nobody is doing anything.

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by belindar: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
colossus91:
and nigeria is still tackling flooding eh eh eh!,

You forget ELECTRICITY which is the necessity of life
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by belindar: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Seedorffay:
Hope our leaders can learn from these people.

That is false hope. They will and can never learn

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by onyedika946(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
Making sense, i luv researches, discoveries n improvement. I bet u, some Africa countries was left behind in the late 90s. Our counterparts re busy matching ahead why we seat wit crossed legs n hands on our jar waiting when God will take us to heaven.

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by joenor(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wow this is amazing angry

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by rapheeky(m): 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
I no understand oh....no b d same oil wey we get Dubai get?.... And chemically speaking Nigeria has one of d best oils in d world if not d best .with a good octane number .

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Kingspin(m): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Each time I look at Nigeria we are in the middle off nowhere.. Make hope come no way still... Dubai is developing every 24hours here we are sleeping with religion and waking up with tribalism. Shameless country.

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
modelmike7:

Na u be d cameraman for d meeting abi?
Nigerians and beer parlor hearsay sha!!!

Rather you are the one with beer parlour comment. You dont know me and and I dont know u. I could be the
cameraman, the sheikh himself, obasanjo or anyone.

DEMOLA AJAYI grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by nextstep(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
This is a great development, but Dubai should spend it's money producing things now. In 20 years the world will have mostly moved away from oil.

That said, we in Naija can't even produce all our own food, with all the arable land and abundant rainfall. This is not even high-tech. Just the basics. It is well.
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
illitrate:

Rather you are the one with beer parlour comment. You dont know me and and I dont know u. I could be the
cameraman, the sheikh himself, obasanjo or anyone.

DEMOLA AJAYI grin grin grin grin grin
Now, this is funny!!
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by armadeo(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
That bar will build one small bridge in Nigeria. Or be used to beautify some streets.

These people don't know how to make good tins at all. In Nigeria we would have used 100000000$ to make the city that won't even work.
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by Surrey2Bimshire: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
damola311:
and this is same country in which our source of income is same....

Something like this attract tourists which leads to more generated income, but our leaders here are only after their pockets.

You can't compare �� to Nigeria �� at all...population wise and other factors
Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by damola311: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Surrey2Bimshire:

You can't compare �� to Nigeria �� at all...population wise and other factors

That means China also shouldn't be as developed because of population

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by bullbull: 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
He also said that the knowledge outcomes of the research project will be available for all international research institutions; adding that the objective of the research is to contribute in facilitating people lives on earth as well, mainly in the domains of transportation, energy and food.

Saeed Al Gergawi, manager of the scientific and research committee of the World Government Summit, told CNBC said people will be offered incentives to make the journey to Mars.

"We came up with that number [600,000] because it's like someone going to an exotic island, not everyone can go first, then we get advancement of rocket tech, which makes people move there easily, then the advancement of oxygen tech to make it more earth like, which would incentivize people," he said.

The UAE's plan isn't the only one for sending humans up to Mars. SpaceX has also talked about setting up on the red planet.

Re: Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet by sshalom(m): 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
This man is a visionary par excellence. To think that he actually turned Dubai into a world class destination and region in less than 30 years is to come to grasp with the kind of horrible leadership bedeviling Nigeria.

Trailer Crushes Three People To Death In Ibadan (Graphic Photos) / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 / People Queue To Buy Train Ticket In Nigeria (photo)