Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

A Call For Change Of National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Change Of National Anthem (683 Views)

Dino Melaye Asks Festus Keyamo To Recite Second Stanza Of The National Anthem / Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True / pictures those that voted for CHANGE can relate to (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For Change Of National Anthem by Feranchek(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2017
Nigeria, after independence had its national anthem and it began with ''Nigeria we hail thee...'' After a while, it was changed to ''Arise O compatriot...'' (for primary school, na Arise o compansion we dey call am grin grin).

Our current national anthem have 2 stanzas and I want us to talk more bout the 2nd stanza.

In a country where everything has turned upside down, where anomalies have become normal, we can only ask for the grace of God for things to be the way it should be.

The bible made us to understand that God listens to the prayers and cries of children. And where is the national anthem sang on a daily? Schools. Both nursery, primary and high school children should be taught this anthem and it should be sang everyday, who knows, God may just hear our cries and change our destiny for the better.

Now let's compare the 2 stanzas and you'll decide if my suggestion makes sense or not

STANZA ONE

Arise, O compatriots (how many compatriots are left in this country?)

Nigeria's call obey (unless we're forced to)

To serve our fatherland with love and strength and faith (you'll agree with me that this is no longer found in us. NYSC and politics is a good example)

The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain (Lol. Awo and Zik go dey cry where dem dey now)

To serve with heart and might

One nation bound in freedom (abd that freedom is making our politicians steal with impunity, yet we don't have freedom to criticize them anymore cos it's now referred to as HATE SPEECH)

Peace and unity (Lol. Operation python dance is evidence that the peace and unity in this country has been jeoperdized)

NOW LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT THE SECOND STANZA

Oh God of creation

Direct our noble cause (You'll agree with me that what we need now is God's direction cos we've all lost it)

Guide our leaders righ[/b]t (and dear Lord, if they refuse to bend to your will, please BREAK them and let them experience what Pharaoh experienced)

[b]Help our youth the truth to know
(Our youth have totally lost it. all we care about is getting rich at all cost. Try criticizing, by telling a lady the truth on her facebook post and what you'll get as reply will be ''mr man, I didn't post it on your wall biko...'' and the insults go on and on)

In love and honesty to grow (without these two, growth is FAR from us. TSTV issues and many more are examples)

And live in just and true (can a poor man sue a company like MTN for deducting N50 from his account for a caller tune he never subscribed for Except for domestic violence and sexual harrassments, justice for the poor can't be found MUCH in our society.)

Great lofty heights attain (putting the right things in order, the sky will only be the beginning. Aba boys are a typical example)

To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign
(At the end, we'll ALL enjoy these things in abundance)

So, do you think we should change our current national anthem to its second stanza? if yes, click LIKE. And if no, click share but share your reason why in the comment box please.

God bless NIGERIA!!!

Lasticlala, mynd44, I need your opinions first as my bosses. grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Call For Change Of National Anthem by minke: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2017
some politicians never fit sing the current one finish, na new one dem go fit learn?
Re: A Call For Change Of National Anthem by babyfaceafrica: 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
Who national anthem EPP?
Re: A Call For Change Of National Anthem by Feranchek(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2017
minke:
some politicians never fit sing the current one finish, na new one dem go fit learn?

Actually, na Children go sing the anthem grin
Re: A Call For Change Of National Anthem by minke: 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
Feranchek:

Actually, na Children go sing the anthem grin

what of the ministerial nominees wey no been fit sing national anthem during screening?

(1) (Reply)

Hahahaha, See What APC Did To PDP (Pic). / See What Governor Fayose Has To Say About The Striking Health Workers. / APC Hurriedly Assembled To Seize Power, With No Plan For Governance — Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.