Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! (1088 Views)

Bayern Munich Sack Niko Kovac After 5-1 Defeat / "The One Mistake Ronaldo Made In His Career" - Carlo Ancelotti / Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayern Munich sack Carlo Ancelotti following 3-0 defeat by Paris Saint-Germain

Bayern Munich have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti after the German champions were beaten 3-0 by Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.

The Bavarians are three points off the pace in the Bundesliga and are now on the hunt for a new boss.

Ancelotti was summoned for crisis talks back in Germany today after the loss in which Edinson Cavani, Dani Alves and Neymar scored for the French giants.

Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge called for "consequences" following the Bundeliga giants' worst group stage defeat in the Champions League for 21 years.

Speaking at the club's traditional post-match banquet at the team hotel, Rummenigge said: "What we saw today was not FC Bayern, I think we can all agree that.”
One report in Germany today claimed the former Chelsea boss is set to be replaced by his assistant Willy Sagnol or former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel.

Ancelotti, who has a contract till June 2019, has also been linked with a return to his former club Milan.
The Italian was already under increasing pressure with the Bavarian giants only third in the Bundesliga after a sluggish start. They drew 2-2 at home to Wolfsburg last Friday after leading 2-0.
But Ancelotti, who was sacked by Chelsea in 2011, made six changes for the trip to the Parc des Princes and saw his side destroyed 3-0.

"It was a bitter defeat,” Rummenigge said. “One we must talk about. One we must analyse. And one from which we have to draw our consequences.

"It's important we get our act together soon and show we are Bayern Munich, a team which has made a great stir in Europe and Germany in recent years."
Ancelotti's relaxed management style has come in for criticism in the German press obsessed by events at FC Hollywood.

He succeeded Pep Guardiola last year with the task of overseeing a transiton from the treble winning team of 2013 and bring through the next generation like Kingsley Coman and James Rodriguez.

Franck Ribery, 34, and Arjen Robben, 33, were on the bench in Paris.

Asked if the team supports Ancelotti, the Dutchman said: “I will not answer that question. It was a painful defeat.”

By contrast, Paris Saint-Germain announced themselves as serious Champions League contenders with the win. The French side lost 6-1 to Barcelona last season but have since recruited Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.

Thiago Silva said: “It was a huge win against a big team and also a great coach (Carlo Ancelotti). I believe that PSG has shown its true face. I think we deserved this win. The future looks good.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bayern-munich-sack-carlo-ancelotti-11252420

Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by omoadigun07(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by sammie771: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ancelotti is a good coach anyday anytime.Please go to AC MILAN you are highly needed.Bayern Munich wey go pack old men thinking say dem go always win mtchew

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Homeboiy: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
He needs to be sacked

The idiot cut my ticket
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Homeboiy:
He needs to be sacked

The idiot cut my ticket
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by paiz: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
how could PSG beat Bayern 3-0 That coach needs to be ban
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by bizza45: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
oga na quit e quit no b sack... I no understand where una dey get una news

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Smartlife(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayern problem is psychological. No investment to bring in players that could come with better zeal and motivation to drive the team. Lewandoski was right after all.
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Marcus2(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
I never envisaged this. shocked
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by opera1(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
If na Arsenal & Wenger, Season jux start be dat.

Good one 4 a club that mean business.
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
Before the game yesterday against PSG, A Nigerian journalist asked Coach Carlos Ancelotti if he was aware that he risks losing his job if his team loses the game.He replied jokingly that Nigerians are good people who take care of his life after asking the Journalist which country he hailed from.

Ancelotti's sack has long been overdued.I think his Coaching methods are outworn and outdated..

He needs time off the game to find his bearing back . He has made the Almighty Bayern Munich look so ordinary.

Where is Robben who taunted PSG that money don't score goals?..

Can u imagine Mbappe skinning one of the best left back in the world ,David Alaba??

The galaticos wasted no time showing him the exit early enough.

I expect Bayern Munich to bounce back to winning ways and take its rightful place that's in the best top 3 in the world
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
bizza45:
oga na quit e quit no b sack... I no understand where una dey get una news

Again from Goal.com

Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by nathdim: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Daninya11:
Before the game yesterday against PSG, A Nigerian journalist asked Coach Carlos Ancelotti if he was aware that he risks losing his job if his team loses the game.He replied jokingly that Nigerians are good people who take care of his life after asking the Journalist which country he hailed from.

Ancelotti's sack has long been overdued.I think his Coaching methods are outworn and outdated..

He needs time off the game to find his bearing back . He has made the Almighty Bayern Munich look so ordinary.

Where is Robben who taunted PSG that money don't score goals?..

Can u imagine Mbappe skinning one of the best left back in the world ,David Alaba??

The galaticos wasted no time showing him the exit early enough.

I expect Bayern Munich to bounce back to winning ways and take its rightful place that's in the best top 3 in the world
you call Alaba a world class defender
Re: BREAKING: Bayern Munich Sack Carlo Ancelotti! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
nathdim:
you call Alaba a world class defender
Is he not a world class player?

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Is Finished - Messi / Caption This / Laliga: Barcelona Defeat Eibar To Go 10 Points Clear Ahead Of Chelsea Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.