Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side (20359 Views)

Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season / 6 Tips To Help You Grow Any Online Business And Make Money From It / 6 Tips For Expanding Your Business — Regardless Of The Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Opinionated: 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Whether you’re a student or working a 9-5 job, there are many ways to make some more money on the side. You just need to know them and be ready to give the required effort and commitment to making them work for you. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 6 tips to earn some more money on the side.

Consulting/Coaching

If you have a specific skill-set with adequate knowledge and experience, you can leverage on it and build a lucrative side business on consulting/coaching that’s quite easy and affordable to start. It can involve giving advice to a start-ups on how to build their public image, assisting start-ups with social media marketing and SEO work etc. The best part of this business is that you can build it to fit your schedule and free time.

Freelance Work

This is another flexible side business that doesn’t need long-term commitments. You can also adapt this kind of business to fit your schedule and free time. Becoming a freelancer can involve writing content for businesses, doing content marketing for start-ups and doing design work for businesses, which can include graphic designs, web designs, logo designs etc. It really depends on your talent, skill-set and interests. The best part of this is that there is a reasonably high demand for freelancers especially in the area of content marketing, social media marketing and design work.

Leverage On Your Vehicle

If you have a vehicle, you can cash in on it by registering with Uber or Taxify or both. The best part about this is that you can keep your keys by becoming a driver on the platform or hire someone to drive the car on the platform for you.

However, when considering this option as a means to making some extra money, you should be sure that you are satisfied with the rate of depreciation of your car (because it will definitely be higher). You also have to consider the cost of financing the car and other maintenance costs.

Produce Crafts

If you’re good with your hands, are creative and love to create crafts and design work, you can use the talent to create jewelry, clothing, furniture or accessories, and can sell them to make some decent money on the side. The advent of social media has made marketing your craft work and designs much easier, as you can take advantage of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and online shopping platforms like Jumia mall, to put your work out there and get it sold.

Photography

If you have good photography skills, you can purchase a camera and start doing photography jobs on the side. Photography is now big business, if you know how to exploit it, and you can start a very decent side business from it. However, in the photography business, it is best to carve a niche for yourself. Don’t be a jack-of-all-trades and master of none, you are unlikely to get positive recognition and referrals that way. You can specialize in weddings, capturing landscapes, taking fashion pictures etc. You can also sell some of your pictures to sites like Shutterstock.

Modeling or Voice-Over Work

Modeling is not all about having the perfect body and walking on the runway, there are different aspects of modeling. You can be a body model, hand model, leg model or even a face model, and earn some decent money from it. If you are really good at it, there is a chance that you get more recognition, and even attain a kind of ‘celebrity status’ from it, which of course means more money for you.

For the voice-over work, if you have a voice that’s great for voice-overs and you have some broadcast experience, you can earn some extra money by doing voice-over work for ad agencies, broadcasting houses etc.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-tips-earn-money-side/

2 Likes

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Wisedove(m): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
But who is this guy above me you know dey tire for FTC?

@ op nice write up, we go do something about it

The guy below though... That ur muscles na elele .....

Make I run comot before commando go come beat, I cannot come and go and kill myself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Gud one...first time being FTC...Evidence of good things to come...

I dedicate this to all my fans here....
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by happney65: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Yahoo Yahoo and Oloshooo... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Ademat7(m): 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good tips but it is better when u see an established person in any of these area to hold u by the hand because naija biz road rough o

2 Likes

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Finstar: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Freelance is bae. If you're looking for a freelance web designer and developer, get me on whatsapp 0.8.1 6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9

Check out most of my work here

www.entmirror.com
www.tabbazportal.com

I wil give you something more cute cool
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
Op you should remove modeling from that list o shocked shocked
Coz every babe wey you meet for this island na so so modeling or interior decoration dem dey do

Awon osho nla

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by winkmart: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
MINI IMPORTATION & Blog Administration
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by SWORD419(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
mmm
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by SWORD419(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
dignity33:
I read people comments about disappearing of Nnamdi Kanu and I discovered that Nigerians are totally enslaved by this Buhari regime.

People tend to believe the useless cover up made by Army that Nnamdi Kanu is hiding or that he might have cross to Cameroon and i laughed . I earlier wrote that Nnamdi Kanu and parents was either killed or in Government custody but they refuse to believe me, let me give some reason while Nnamdi Kanu is not hiding.

If you can recall the first time soldiers came near his house were two people was killed Nnamdi Kanu came out the following day address the press outside his house which means he was in the House during the time they came.

Nnamdi kanu can never hide because he made it know that he is ready to lose his life for Biafra, this is the man who leave everything for Biafra talk of good life he is enjoying in London, from a noble family even after bail condition he still defiled all and continue the struggle and not even the intimidation by army during the Ebonyi state rally that stop him but keep on and on attending other rallies accross the Biafra land.

Have you ask yourself why are the issue of biafra now is giving the Government sleepless night after invading Nnamdi Kanu house? Because they murdered Nnamdi Kanu that is why after the operation IPOB was quickly proscribed in South East and tagged terrorist Organization by Nigeria Government within a week, now looking for international backing should in case the issue of Nnamdi Kanu killing come up so they can called him terrorist.

Have you ask yourself why was Buhari sent some northern Governors to Eastern region for peace and thereafter VP and IG of police to Abia to meet with Governor? The reason is that Ikpazue was angry that Nnamdi Kanu was killed by army so all those peace visit was to Console him and promised him more Government package, visiting other state was to make it not look suspicious, has Buhari ever sent people for peace before in the past the answer Is no why was it that all this was happening after Kanu home was invaded by soldier.

No time has his brother mention that Kanu hiding position will not be disclosed did you watch him in any video is Government cover up story to make it look as if Kanu are hiding, if Kanu is hiding his brother can never said such. Kanu brother have accused Government of kidnapping Kanu and his parent that he has no knowledge of their way about since after there house was invadad by army.

IPOB or his lawyers can not wrote to World leaders and UN to asked Nigeria Government to release Nnamdi Kanu if Kanu is hiding let us use our brain propaganda may be a weapon of war but there are limit.

So if Government who are holding Kanu and parent will denial that, it means that Kanu has being murdered by army and probable buried somewhere which I don't wish.
hahahahaahahahah, itz obvious u drank 2 tankers of kanu's urine, if u are a bastard monkey quote me!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by tayecrypto: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
Crypto currency biz
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Guilderland1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
As for me ooo
1.MMM
2.BET9JA
4.BUY GOODS FROM ALABA AND SELL IT INSIDE ONE TOWN IN NORTH ESPECIALLY PLASMA TOKUMBO
THANK ME LATER

6 Likes

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Compliant(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
NOT BAD
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Deyhmee(f): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
Photography and Modelling
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by sunbbo(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good one Op,

Apply for African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program 2018 for Young African to Study in Canada

The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program commemorates the late Nelson Mandela’s commitment to social justice and equity. It supports young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration.

The ALT Scholarship Program grants full scholarships based on merit to women and men from sub-Saharan Africa to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances in Canada. Click here for an overview of the program.

THE ALT SCHOLARSHIP HAS TWO COMPONENTS:

1. An academic component in which the scholars will:

Complete a one to two years Master’s level program in public administration, public policy or public finance at a Canadian university

2. A professional development component in which the scholars will:

Put together a comprehensive professional development plan;
Develop a case study focusing on their home country;
Be mentored by a Canadian expert;
Participate in webinars and networking events

http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/09/13/african-leaders-tomorrow-alt-scholarship-program-2018-young-african-professionals-study-canada/
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by onome442(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
http://cheb.info/?id=21411 Earn money online .
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by DeRay98(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
So if Government who are holding Kanu and parent will denial that, it means that Kanu has being murdered by army and probable buried somewhere which I don't wish. [/quote]

Which one be our own? Get out of here! angry
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by realisticwise: 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
easier said than done. you think the millions of jobless youth in Nigeria don't wanna make money through all these stated mean? Tell them how to start and processes

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by johnstar(m): 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
Same tips juz dey make front page evrytm

Anoda wey no dey to make moni??

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
dignity33:
I read people comments about disappearing of Nnamdi Kanu and I discovered that Nigerians are totally enslaved by this Buhari regime.

People tend to believe the useless cover up made by Army that Nnamdi Kanu is hiding or that he might have cross to Cameroon and i laughed . I earlier wrote that Nnamdi Kanu and parents was either killed or in Government custody but they refuse to believe me, let me give some reason while Nnamdi Kanu is not hiding.

If you can recall the first time soldiers came near his house were two people was killed Nnamdi Kanu came out the following day address the press outside his house which means he was in the House during the time they came.

Nnamdi kanu can never hide because he made it know that he is ready to lose his life for Biafra, this is the man who leave everything for Biafra talk of good life he is enjoying in London, from a noble family even after bail condition he still defiled all and continue the struggle and not even the intimidation by army during the Ebonyi state rally that stop him but keep on and on attending other rallies accross the Biafra land.

Have you ask yourself why are the issue of biafra now is giving the Government sleepless night after invading Nnamdi Kanu house? Because they murdered Nnamdi Kanu that is why after the operation IPOB was quickly proscribed in South East and tagged terrorist Organization by Nigeria Government within a week, now looking for international backing should in case the issue of Nnamdi Kanu killing come up so they can called him terrorist.

Have you ask yourself why was Buhari sent some northern Governors to Eastern region for peace and thereafter VP and IG of police to Abia to meet with Governor? The reason is that Ikpazue was angry that Nnamdi Kanu was killed by army so all those peace visit was to Console him and promised him more Government package, visiting other state was to make it not look suspicious, has Buhari ever sent people for peace before in the past the answer Is no why was it that all this was happening after Kanu home was invaded by soldier.

No time has his brother mention that Kanu hiding position will not be disclosed did you watch him in any video is Government cover up story to make it look as if Kanu are hiding, if Kanu is hiding his brother can never said such. Kanu brother have accused Government of kidnapping Kanu and his parent that he has no knowledge of their way about since after there house was invadad by army.

IPOB or his lawyers can not wrote to World leaders and UN to asked Nigeria Government to release Nnamdi Kanu if Kanu is hiding let us use our brain propaganda may be a weapon of war but there are limit.

So if Government who are holding Kanu and parent will denial that, it means that Kanu has being murdered by army and probable buried somewhere which I don't wish.
why derail?

Seriously no offense but your English is bad, try an English text on grammar.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Kingluqman89(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
Randy91:

dey don come... GLO User
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by segebase(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nice
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by delerx(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Correct bros. Na u get brain pass. U wanna live long? Tbsmedlinks.com
Guilderland1:
As for me ooo
1.MMM
2.BET9JA
4.BUY GOODS FROM ALABA AND SELL IT INSIDE ONE TOWN IN NORTH ESPECIALLY PLASMA TOKUMBO
THANK ME LATER
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Jrevelation(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
dignity33:

Bro the issue baffle me no be small lets consult TB Joshua or Ifa

Am serious oo
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Kingstel(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Does anyone know where to easily access soft loan of between #200k and #500k needed under three months (100 days) in Abuja for business expansion? Tell me your interest and other T&C.
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by olarwarleh(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
cool
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Alphasoar(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
Except for number four, all others are old ideas. Tell us new things abeg . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Naijjablog(m): 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
.)wire wire
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Maj196(m): 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
Randy91:

Dreamer
Re: 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side by Realphilo(m): 6:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
Call /message for freelance web developer 08169254598
Check signature for some works completed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks / Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! / 5 Reasons Nigerians Run Away From Network Marketing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.