Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Bayern Munich Sack Coach, Carlo Bayern Ancelotti After PSG Thrashing Last Night - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bayern Munich Sack Coach, Carlo Bayern Ancelotti After PSG Thrashing Last Night (433 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Sack Coach, Nuno Espírito Santo / Bayern Munich Sack Niko Kovac After 5-1 Defeat / A PSG Fan Shattered His Television After PSG 1 - 3 Man Utd Loss (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayern Munich Sack Coach, Carlo Bayern Ancelotti After PSG Thrashing Last Night by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayern Munich have ​officially parted company with head coach Carlo Ancelotti just a matter of weeks into his second season with the Bundesliga champions. Former Bayern defender Willy Sagnol will now take temporary charge of the team.
Bayern have suffered a mixed start to the domestic season and it was reported earlier in the day that club chiefs were meeting to discuss his future less than 24 hours after a humbling 3-0 defeat at the hands of Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.
Remember the Italian delivered a Bundesliga title in his first season in charge in 2016/17, but the club's Champions League journey ended at the quarter final stage.
Domestic dominance has been a given for Bayern in recent years, but Ancelotti's premier task has been to deliver a first European title since 2013. See the official tweet from Bayern Munichen FC below...
"The performance of our team since the start of the season did not meet the expectations we put to them," Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said in a statement.
"The game in Paris clearly showed that we had to draw consequences. Hasan Salihamidžić and I gave Carlo an open and serious discussion today and informed him of our decision.
"I would like to thank Carlo for the cooperation and regret the development she has taken.
"Carlo is my friend and will remain, but we had to make a professional decision in the sense of FC Bayern. I now expect the team to have a positive development and absolute performance, so we can reach our goals for this season."
Ancelotti is one of only a handful of individuals in history to have won the European Cup/Champions League as both a player and manager.
He lifted the trophy with Milan as a player in 1989 and 1990, before doing so as a manager in 2003 and 2007, as well as then with Real Madrid in 2014.

Source: http://apygist..com.ng/2017/09/munich-sack-coach-carlo-bayern.html

Re: Bayern Munich Sack Coach, Carlo Bayern Ancelotti After PSG Thrashing Last Night by gbemi514: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
k
Re: Bayern Munich Sack Coach, Carlo Bayern Ancelotti After PSG Thrashing Last Night by potent5(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Anceloti should just retire and go into something else before some people will rubbish his reputation like LVG.
Re: Bayern Munich Sack Coach, Carlo Bayern Ancelotti After PSG Thrashing Last Night by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
potent5:
Anceloti should just retire and go into something else before some people will rubbish his reputation like LVG.
Spot on!
I respect this man a lot.

(1) (Reply)

La Liga Official Facebook Page Continues Its Recognition Of Nigeria & Nigerans / No Stopping Cristiano Ronaldo As He Gets Award For IFFHS World’s Best Goalscorer / The Moment Cristiano Ronaldo Became A 5 Time Ballon D'or Winner(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.