Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. (706 Views)

Consequences Of Being Educated But Politically Illiterate: Dilemma? / Benue Killings: Your Observations Are Incorrect - PMB Tells Saraki / 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by maddock(m): 6:10am On Sep 29, 2017
Was listening to a program on radio recently where the question was asked about preferring an honest bitter truth or a dishonest soothing lies.

Lots of people prefer the first one but someone asked a very good question that sparked a lot of controversy thus uncovering the hypocritical nature of Nigerians. Putting this statement in perspective with the 95 Vs 5 statement by Buhari.

Can we rightly say Buhari is an honest man not standing in front of millions to tell a soothing lie but rather insist on saying a very bitter truth. Again juxtaposing his famous " am for everybody and also for nobody "speech so how we place this statements side by side.

To Me the everybody and nobody speech is a political speech written by someone while the 95 Vs 5 is just the man being honest. What do you Think?
Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by nototribalist: 6:16am On Sep 29, 2017
And he wants to use our OIL, he must be mad.
Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by Josephjnr(m): 6:21am On Sep 29, 2017
nototribalist:
And he wants to use our OIL, he must be mad.

Your brain can actually do better than this,don't limit it with this mentality.

4 Likes

Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by nototribalist: 6:29am On Sep 29, 2017
Josephjnr:

you mean like this empty brain from your President?

Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by EazyMoh(m): 6:45am On Sep 29, 2017
Josephjnr:

2 Likes

Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by Rawani: 6:46am On Sep 29, 2017
The statement was not necessary politically incorrect as politics is all about interest and it was only the minority who incidentally never voted for him that found it offensive, but it was the plain and simple truth.

You cannot reap where you did not sow and this is a universal rule.
Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by Alariwo2: 6:50am On Sep 29, 2017
Whether politically correct or not.. you didn't vote him in, so expect nothing from him.

Channel all your problems to GEJ and his wife not the new government. Cry from now till 2019, nothing will change.

1 Like

Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by maddock(m): 6:56am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:
The statement was not necessary politically incorrect as politics is all about interest and it was only the minority who incidentally never voted for him that found it offensive, but it was the plain and simple truth.

You cannot reap where you did not sow and this is a universal rule.

I agree and also disagree with you, my agreement is that of course in politics you don't reap where you did not sow but at the same time my disagreement is that politicians are know to be very good at deceits. Most of the agitation in the east is traceable to the 95 Vs 5 statement which is an honest statement. Maybe just maybe we would have had lesser agitation from the east if he didn't used that line and the opposition would not have capitalised on it. Just my humble opinion.
Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by seunmsg(m): 7:02am On Sep 29, 2017
Yoruba's gave Jonathan over 60% of their votes in 2011 and he gave them absolutely nothing in return.
Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by Alariwo2: 7:06am On Sep 29, 2017
seunmsg:
Yoruba's gave Jonathan over 60% of their votes in 2011 and he gave them absolutely nothing in return.

All thanks to the Igbos who turned his backbone all of a sudden. The backbone he never had while facing problem with Turai and Northern cabals then.

Buhari is not like GEJ that will allow looters and corrupt people from a particular region hijack his govt. That is why they are so pained.

1 Like

Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by Rawani: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2017
maddock:

I agree and also disagree with you, my agreement is that of course in politics you don't reap where you did not sow but at the same time my disagreement is that politicians are know to be very good at deceits. Most of the agitation in the east is traceable to the 95 Vs 5 statement which is an honest statement. Maybe just maybe we would have had lesser agitation from the east if he didn't used that line and the opposition would not have capitalised on it. Just my humble opinion.

Unfortunately PMB is a brutally honest man that calls a spade a spade and I'm in full support of that.

Ironically they initially pretended to be proud of being tagged 5% and even printed t-shirts to celebrate it in their usual defiant manner that always ends up in futility, only for us to have been disturbed by their wailings a few weeks later which has continued for 2 years now grin

If anyone is looking for someone that will walk on egg shells around s/easterners so as not to hurt their feelings, it's definitely not Buhari.

Re: 95% Versus 5%. An Honest But Politically Incorrect Statement. by aolawale025: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2017
There can be no honesty about a statement that has promoted divisions, bigotry, mediocrity in the country

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of London Used Phones, Police Issue Warning To Nigerians / Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB / IPOB Seek Help From Canadian Government Against Nigeria For Referendum (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.