Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman (35513 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / CBN Stops IOCs From Remitting 100% Of Forex Proceeds Abroad / Come In If You Are Interested In Yam Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Omooba77: 6:37am On Sep 29, 2017
A mother of nine, Mrs. Franca Nwosu, has narrated how she sponsored the university education of five of her children from the proceeds of her yam business.

The Minna, Niger State resident, who sold roasted yam along the busy Shiroro Road, explained that the business was doing well in spite of the economic downturn in the country.

Speaking to Northern City News on Thursday in Minna, Nwosu stated that she started the business about 15 years ago, noting that the trade had lifted her family above poverty.

She said, “I started this business over 15 years ago and with the proceeds, I was able to train five graduates. So, as far as I am concerned, the business is booming, no matter the hardship in the country, people must eat, you cannot avoid food.”

The trader said she opened for business by 7am everyday to serve her customers who comprised commercial motorcyclists, artisans, pedestrians and motorists.

Nwosu told our correspondent that she roasted no fewer than 150 tubers of yam each day, noting, however, that the economic recession had forced her to reduce the quantity to 100 tubers.

The middle-aged woman said her husband’s meagre earnings from his welding workshop was inadequate for the family upkeep hence her decision to engage in selling roasted yam by the roadside.

“My husband is a welder by profession but with the current situation of things in the country, what he is getting cannot sustain the family; so, I engaged myself in the yam roasting business to support him so that our family will not suffer,” she explained.

A motorcycle operator, Samuel Edom, said he patronised Nwosu daily because her serving was affordable.

“With between N50 and N100, I can feed myself and this is far cheaper than eating at a restaurant where a plate of food would cost me between N300 and N400. Almost all the Okada riders in town have their lunch at her spot.

“I leave home early for my Okada business, so, most times, I have no other choice but to patronise the roasted yam seller because I cannot afford to go back home for a meal.”

Another motorcyclist, Abubakar Mohammed, also said that roasted yam was r cheapest food anyone could get in Minna.

“I patronise Madam Nwosu because I can afford roasted yam compared to other foods in town. We (Okada riders) are comfortable with her roasted yam; most of us eat there two times a day and she sometimes sold on credit to us, she is our ‘mother’ in town,” he stated.

http://punchng.com/ive-trained-five-graduates-with-proceeds-from-roasted-yam-business/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 29, 2017
Very believable.

29 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Partnerbiz3: 6:54am On Sep 29, 2017
Hmmm

I like plantain and beans .

It's actually roast yam.. NOT roastED .

shocked
I know. I am an English Language pundit.

See below for data.. SEE TESTIMONIES TOO..

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by dingbang(m): 7:09am On Sep 29, 2017
Wives of the old days are far better than new age wives

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Omooba77: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2017
God bless all our mothers, wives, sisters and daughters for their sacrifices over our fathers, husbands, brothers and sons.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Omooba77: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
This na my mama story be this lalasticlala

10 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Jh0wsef(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
. “With between N50 and N100, I can feed myself and this is far cheaper than eating at a restaurant"

I almost wept when I saw this.

13 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by LifeofAirforce(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
wow

May God crown your effort , sweet mother.

Igbo women are hard working.

44 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by MAYOWAAK: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
****COPIED

An enemy is someone who will not rest till he/she makes sure that your glory sinks into water. He/she will use witch power, visit Babalawo, follow mummy water, do blood covenant, do just anything, just to make sure that god's plan for your life doesn't come to pass. Anybody who is succeeding in life should thank the almighty God without whom his enemies would've overcome him.

With that introduction, let's do a little maths.

Everybody in Nigeria has an enemy. At least one enemy.

Nigeria's population is 180 million. If everybody has an enemy, then we will have 2 equal groups:

Group A: those who have enemies = 90 million

Group B: those who are the enemies of those who have enemies (group A) = 90 million also.

But since everybody must have an enemy, then group A must be the enemies of group B.

If Group A = enemies of Group B

and

Group B = enemies of Group A,

then,

Every Nigerian is both the enemy of someone and the victim of someone else's "enemy-ship"

Therefore, the phrase "Nigerian citizen" should be synonymous with "Nigerian enemy". When next the president wants to address the nation, instead of saying "My dear citizens", he should just say "My dear enemies".

No. We're not through. It's much more complicated than that.

Sometimes, depending on how glorious god's plan for someone's life is, one person can have more than 1 enemy. For the equation to balance, if there are people who have more than 1 enemy each, then there are people who will be enemies to more than 1 person each. This will be called "collaborative enemy-ship" aka "collabo enemy". This is the situation when an enemy from your father's side collaborates with another enemy from your mother's side and they both collaborate with 3 enemies from your place of work.

Also notice that I used 180 million for the calculation. That's the population of living Nigerians. Pregnancies too have enemies. This is what is called "congenital enemy" meaning the baby already has an enemy before she's born. A congenital enemy can be a hereditary enemy (the one that wants to "winshie" the baby for the sake of the parent or the shape of the mum's protruded belly) or an acquired enemy (the one that just becomes the baby's enemy because he has seen her star in the spirit realm).

Dead people too have enemies. This is what I call "post-mortem enemy". They will be firing spiritual arrows to the children because of their dead parent.

Even living people can also have what I call "recurrent enemy". This is an enemy that god has helped you to conquer but because you went back to a life of sin, the enemy has re-energized and resumed tormenting your life.

Other types of enemies include "temporary enemies", "chronic persistent enemies", "continuous intermittent enemies", and "transferred enemies". "Idiopathic enemies" are those who are your enemies for unknown reasons while "frenemies" are those who are both your friends and enemies at the same time.

So you see? The maths has broken down. This one is beyond human mathematics. It's only god that can reveal the answer to someone jare. The total number of enemies in Nigeria is definitely far more than the total number of citizens. I figure that if Nigerians are 180 millions, the enemies in Nigeria might be up to 600 million.

You might be thinking that you're nobody's enemy. You have a clean mind toward everybody. Let me disappoint you. Unknown to you, there's someone that's looking at you that you're his/her enemy. So everybody is an enemy of someone else. But we pray that god should blind our enemies, cripple our enemies, turn them to lunatics, before finally striking them dead. If god answers prayers, then 180 million Nigerians would have gone blind, then crippled, and then psycho before the 923,768 sq. km surface of the country called Nigeria getting littered with 180 million corpses.

Once again, maybe I don't understand these things because they are beyond human understanding.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by jtigwell0: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Impressive, now she can reap her bounties... not like this days mothers feminizing about social media..

3 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by 6KID: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
NOTED
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by tossie101(f): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice1 it can only be an igbo woman.
Thats why our neighbours from the other side can die just to marry igbo woman.

Mama God bless u.
U will stay alive and enjoy the fruit of ur labour.
U would be Holidaying from US to Germany.

17 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by free2ryhme: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Omooba77:

http://punchng.com/ive-trained-five-graduates-with-proceeds-from-roasted-yam-business/

Some of our educated and working women will not learn from this, instead they will be competing with their husband. They even have a slogan now "wife's money is her money, while husband's money is our money" Let both Husband and wife learn from this woman and her family.

4 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by mdpeace(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
God bless you ma

2 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
She is living in niger state,if she lives in east,i hope her people might not let her dream be true!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Desdola(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
God bless her hussle. Just hope she reap the fruit of her labour
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Partnerbiz3: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
ROAST YAM.

NOT roasted yam

5 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by eboiga(f): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Well done ma
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Phonefanatic: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
Unemployable graduates.
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Onlinetalk: 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
All i can say is GOD IS GREAT

1 Like

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by jeeqaa7(m): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
Well done
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
MAYOWAAK:
****COPIED

An enemy is someone who will not rest till he/she makes sure that your glory sinks into water. He/she will use witch power, visit Babalawo, follow mummy water, do blood covenant, do just anything, just to make sure that god's plan for your life doesn't come to pass. Anybody who is succeeding in life should thank the almighty God without whom his enemies would've overcome him.

With that introduction, let's do a little maths.

Everybody in Nigeria has an enemy. At least one enemy.

Nigeria's population is 180 million. If everybody has an enemy, then we will have 2 equal groups:

Group A: those who have enemies = 90 million

Group B: those who are the enemies of those who have enemies (group A) = 90 million also.

But since everybody must have an enemy, then group A must be the enemies of group B.

If Group A = enemies of Group B

and

Group B = enemies of Group A,

then,

Every Nigerian is both the enemy of someone and the victim of someone else's "enemy-ship"

Therefore, the phrase "Nigerian citizen" should be synonymous with "Nigerian enemy". When next the president wants to address the nation, instead of saying "My dear citizens", he should just say "My dear enemies".

No. We're not through. It's much more complicated than that.

Sometimes, depending on how glorious god's plan for someone's life is, one person can have more than 1 enemy. For the equation to balance, if there are people who have more than 1 enemy each, then there are people who will be enemies to more than 1 person each. This will be called "collaborative enemy-ship" aka "collabo enemy". This is the situation when an enemy from your father's side collaborates with another enemy from your mother's side and they both collaborate with 3 enemies from your place of work.

Also notice that I used 180 million for the calculation. That's the population of living Nigerians. Pregnancies too have enemies. This is what is called "congenital enemy" meaning the baby already has an enemy before she's born. A congenital enemy can be a hereditary enemy (the one that wants to "winshie" the baby for the sake of the parent or the shape of the mum's protruded belly) or an acquired enemy (the one that just becomes the baby's enemy because he has seen her star in the spirit realm).

Dead people too have enemies. This is what I call "post-mortem enemy". They will be firing spiritual arrows to the children because of their dead parent.

Even living people can also have what I call "recurrent enemy". This is an enemy that god has helped you to conquer but because you went back to a life of sin, the enemy has re-energized and resumed tormenting your life.

Other types of enemies include "temporary enemies", "chronic persistent enemies", "continuous intermittent enemies", and "transferred enemies". "Idiopathic enemies" are those who are your enemies for unknown reasons while "frenemies" are those who are both your friends and enemies at the same time.

So you see? The maths has broken down. This one is beyond human mathematics. It's only god that can reveal the answer to someone jare. The total number of enemies in Nigeria is definitely far more than the total number of citizens. I figure that if Nigerians are 180 millions, the enemies in Nigeria might be up to 600 million.

You might be thinking that you're nobody's enemy. You have a clean mind toward everybody. Let me disappoint you. Unknown to you, there's someone that's looking at you that you're his/her enemy. So everybody is an enemy of someone else. But we pray that god should blind our enemies, cripple our enemies, turn them to lunatics, before finally striking them dead. If god answers prayers, then 180 million Nigerians would have gone blind, then crippled, and then psycho before the 923,768 sq. km surface of the country called Nigeria getting littered with 180 million corpses.

Once again, maybe I don't understand these things because they are beyond human understanding.
boss nice concept
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by cristianisraeli: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
if you have 5 graduates and you are still doing this..God bless you ma..but your kids should be ashamed of themselves where ever they are right now

1 Like

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by justi4jesu(f): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Sweet Mama, don't worry for you will eat the fruit of your labor. smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by taurusmena1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Funny you...
dingbang:
Wives of the old days are far better than new age wives
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by aku626(m): 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
Super woman, hero of the month

1 Like

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Wristler: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
What a nice name for a woman who is into the yam business.. .....Nwosu

1 Like

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Pavore9: 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice one.
Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by DaInferno(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Hmmm

shocked

See below for data..
so that means it OK to call it cook yam and fry yam Thunder fire English undecided
Partnerbiz3:
Hmmm

shocked

See below for data..
so that means it OK to call it cook yam and fry yam Thunder fire English

3 Likes

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Roasted yam and fried fish is bae grin. 200naira roasted yam go lock your belle for the day. Very economical. Thats what I eat everyday grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Trained Five Graduates With Proceeds From Roasted Yam Business - Woman by Adaumunocha(f): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Love Roasted yam. The lady really tried.
Another profitable food business is Beans and roasted plantain... Ate that shii like craze in asaba years ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Piggy Bank Experience / CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances / What You Need To Know About CBN’s Lifting Forex Restriction On 43 Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.