Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? (512 Views)

Alcohol & Pregnancy: Any Cause For Worry If The Expectant Mother Took It Once? / 6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) / Can I Use Alcohol To Reduce My Social Disorder And Anxiety? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by FaithfulServant(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2017
Yesterday, I was listening to a powerful sermon that really caught my attention and it's titled: “freedom from worry and anxiety”. I pondered and kept on asking myself, how about freedom from lies, because through lies the father of lies – the devil (John 8:44) brings worries and anxiety.

I believe to overcome worries and anxiety, we have to go to the root cause of worries and anxiety itself (i.e. lies) from the devil.

Just as we overcome thirst by drinking water (John 19:28), and darkness by putting on a touch light, don’t you think we can overcome lies with truth? (John 8:32) and where can we get the complete truth except from the word of God, which is an epitome of infallible truth (Psalm 119:160; Psalm 12:6).

Total reliance on God's truth from His Word (Hebrews 4:12 ; John 14:6) can make us overcomers of worries, anxiety and most importantly, lies (Revelation 21:7). We should ask God for help that the Spirit of Truth – the Holy Spirit (John 14:17) will lead us to all truth in his word (John 16:13) so that there will be no room for lies from the father of lies – Satan.

Or what do you think otherwise?

Origin: https://www.nairaland.com/3768611/biblical-christian-quotes-lessons-faithfulservant
Re: How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by awa(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2017
Be yourself always
Re: How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by Onlinetalk: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2017
Be focus
Re: How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by FaithfulServant(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2017
awa:
Be yourself always
but every man is already for himself
Re: How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by FaithfulServant(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2017
Onlinetalk:
Be focus
anxiety and worries makes it extremely, if not impossibly difficult, to be focused
Re: How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by Lmaomen1(m): 1:55am On Sep 22, 2019
FaithfulServant:
Yesterday, I was listening to a powerful sermon that really caught my attention and it's titled: “freedom from worry and anxiety”. I pondered and kept on asking myself, how about freedom from lies, because through lies the father of lies – the devil (John 8:44) brings worries and anxiety.

I believe to overcome worries and anxiety, we have to go to the root cause of worries and anxiety itself (i.e. lies) from the devil.

Just as we overcome thirst by drinking water (John 19:28), and darkness by putting on a touch light, don’t you think we can overcome lies with truth? (John 8:32) and where can we get the complete truth except from the word of God, which is an epitome of infallible truth (Psalm 119:160; Psalm 12:6).

Total reliance on God's truth from His Word (Hebrews 4:12 ; John 14:6) can make us overcomers of worries, anxiety and most importantly, lies (Revelation 21:7). We should ask God for help that the Spirit of Truth – the Holy Spirit (John 14:17) will lead us to all truth in his word (John 16:13) so that there will be no room for lies from the father of lies – Satan.

Or what do you think otherwise?

Origin: https://www.nairaland.com/3768611/biblical-christian-quotes-lessons-faithfulservant

Very wise and beautiful words that make a lot of sense, but I don’t advise you to go to religion because of depression. Life consists of successes and failures, when you have problems they give way to good news. If you can’t help yourself, you can turn to a real guru of psychology that will eradicate your depression . Once they pulled my best friend out of depression, for which I am very grateful to them.
Re: How Can One Overcome Worry And Anxiety? by goodspeed963(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2019
Lmaomen1:

Very wise and beautiful words that make a lot of sense, but I don’t advise you to go to religion because of depression. Life consists of successes and failures, when you have problems they give way to good news. If you can’t help yourself, you can turn to a real guru of psychology that will eradicate your depression . Once they pulled my best friend out of depression, for which I am very grateful to them.
nice looking site

(1) (Reply)

Fibroid Solution / Free Consultation For Your Low Cost Brain Tumor Surgery In India / What You Should Know About Monkeypox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.