Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time (771 Views)

Pathetic State Of Schools In Akwa Ibom (pics) / The Pathetic State Of The First Primary School In Nigeria -video / History And Origin Of Cult Groups In Nigerian Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time by Truepee(m): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2017
Education Is The Bed Rock Of Every Functioning Society And developed
Country Today.
No Developed Country Would Have attained that Height Without Education.
But My Post Today Is Built Around Higher Education(Institutions) .
(Disclaimer):This Post Was Created Not To discourage Anybody From Been
Educated(In Higher Institution), But To Show The Reason Why Advance
Search For Knowledge(Not Basic Education) Is Over-rated In Nigeria..
1.Employment.
Almost About 90% Of Every Nigerian Youth In The University Is There
For The Fact That He Wants To Believe He Has Greater Opportunity Of
Getting A Job.
But According To emerging Stastistics ,Nigeria's Unemployment Rate Is
Declining The More,So My Point is Why Are You Studying When You Might
Not Get Your Fantasized Dream Job.
Just Knock that dream Off.
2. Knowledge.
Search for Knowledge is One Of The fundamental Reason We Are Humans
and higher Beings(Not Monkeys).
But The Knowledge We Get from Attending Higher Institutions In
Nigeria Is More Or Less Nothing To Write Home About.
You Want To Gain Knowlege In The Art Of Civil Engineering But You
Don't Even Know How Bricks are Built,Theoretically Or Pratically..
Example.
My Sister Studying Industrial Chemistry Plainly Told me She Don't Know
How What She's Been Taught for four Good years Would Be Of Use to Her
in Future But She's Mandated To Do It.
Knowledge Should Be Gained To Be applied not for gaining sake.
3. Habits.
Almost 30% Of Every Nigerian higher Educated(Institutions) adult
Learnt A Bad Habit From An Higher Institution,From Smoking To
Gambling, Cultism Among Others.
Why Will You Want To Partake In A System That tend to affect You
negatively Rather Than positively.
4. Pathethic Waste Of Time.
Don't Get Angry But Why Will You attend an Institution That Wouldn't
Mean After Finishing You would Get a well Paying Job,Garner
Implementable Knowledge,And sharpen Your Lifestyle,But rather Gives
You The Almost Oppsite of what what formerly mentioned , To Me It's
rather a waste Of Time.
If You Graduated From Secondary School Latest 16 before you clock 21,
You Should have mastered a trade,business,vocation that will Not Only
give you greater chance of getting a job,Implementable knowledge and
has shapen your behavoir(You Know Our Oga Them Now).
5. Government.
We All Know How The GOVERNMENT is Making The Country educational System Sad.
Ranging From ASUU strike to other Demonic Strike..
6. Most of the Rich Men In The World Today dId'nt Attend or complete
Higher institution..
So Befor You Cricify Me Note That It Boils Down To Your Choice(Between
The Light And The darkness)..
Original Article By alhajikuipid ..
http://alhajikuipid..com/2017/09/6-strong-reason-why-attending-nigerian.html

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time by Truepee(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2017
Cc; lalasticlala , mynd44
Re: 6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time by pendragon35(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2017
biased tho!
Re: 6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time by akinade28(f): 11:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Just because ur sister can't apply d knowledge she gained does not mean u should generalize it.
I spent 4yrs in d university, currently on my masters
and I don't think I wasted my time.
There is difference between my level of knowledge before higher institution and after. If not much I know learnt something.
And believe me I can apply it too

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time by DerrickM(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2017
I disagree with a number of your points and not as hopeless as you have made it seem. Those who went to polytechnics and universities of technology are more practical oriented than most Nigerian graduates and get jobs frequently because of their technical knowhow.

Yes,the education system is largely #sinking nowadays from what it is used to be. But i ask do all people have the funds or resources to go overseas?!! The answer is a Big NO as no other choice. It's always so easy to call out the problems we have here but no tangible solution even from you the OP.

Even with that,Nigerians are naturally creative and indigenous using the internet to make up for the shortfall in their educational system. That's they excel abroad and are the most educated black immigrants from the US to UK and Canada to name a few.

It's the brain drain from here and Africa that funds these universities abroad. I was pissed to open my P.O Box to find a flyer of Cranfield University UK,rumpled it and threw it away. I'm sure they paid NIPOST for that advertisement. They only want our money and want our brilliance they can suck off us to advance their countries and we always fall for it thinking they are doing us a favour.

No lecturer or school can teach you everything but it's left to the student to go beyond his coursenotes and seek more knowledge. No one can learn anything being spoonfed and not self-developing.

I read the story of young black kid from some South African country about to be deported for some issue and got scholarship into Oxford or Cambridge UK doing well. It's their country,they never did like us based on our skin colour and wouldn't think twice about kicking anyone out when they feel the itch.

It may not have been the best but my Nigerian education gave me a chance to work with a creative agency from the UK that setup shop here with other places i got a chance to work. As the popular quote goes "If life gives you lemons make a lemonade out of it"

Toasts and sips from the glass like Leornado DiCaprio.

Adios,amigos... smiley wink cheesy grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why Attending Nigerian Higher Institution Is A Pathetic Waste Of Time by Ifey131(f): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2017
akinade28:
Just because ur sister can't apply d knowledge she gained does not mean u should generalize it.
I spent 4yrs in d university, currently on my masters
and I don't think I wasted my time.
There is difference between my level of knowledge before higher institution and after. If not much I know learnt something.
And believe me I can apply it too
God bless you real good...

(1) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Approved 2017/18 Approved Undergraduate Academic Semester / JAMB 2018- How To Create JAMB Account / Maths Gurus! Please Help Me With These Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.