Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose (646 Views)

Scandalous Brawl In The Villa: Daily Trust Editorial / 2023 Presidency Behind Provocations In The Villa — Guardian / Osibanjo Meets Kukah, Abdulsalami At The Villa - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by odutolasodiq(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2017
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has reacted to the arrest of his State Commissioner for Finance, Chief Toyin Ojo and the Accountant General, Mrs. Yemisi Owolabi by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, saying

those he described as “Villa hawks” to be told that “last year, they used DSS” but “it failed.”

While Governor Fayose was declaring his presidential ambition on Thursday 28th of September, 2017, EFCC swooped in and arrested the Ekiti state’s Commissioner for Finance and its Accountant General over alleged financial misappropriation of the bail-out funds to the state.

But Governor Fayose, while condemning the arrest, said,

“The arrestors of today would be arrested tomorrow.”

Governor Fayose gave the statement through his twitter handle, @GovAyoFayose. While equally faulting his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s stance that he would not contest the 2019 presidency under its ticket, Fayose also said that he wants to contest despite PDP’s zoning of the position to the north, saying, “Do we now say that if no one comes out from the North, the party won’t have a candidate?”

He also said that;
“Our party should not wait or beg anyone to fly its flag.”

According to him, “If you say I’m not an issue, why can’t you ignore me?” “The arrestors of today would be arrested tomorrow.”
“Those who gave reasons @realDonaldTrump won’t be POTUS know better now.

I want to be President of Nigeria, that’s what I will be.” “They think they can use @officialEFCC to intimidate us, we are waiting. But tell the Villa hawks that last year, they used DSS, it failed.” “They remembered bailout fund the moment I made it public that I was declaring for President.

So Ekiti was the only state that got bailout?”

“My decision to seek the PDP ticket to contest the 2019 presidential election is without prejudice to our party’s position.”

“However, I am a supporter of competence and capacity especially now that this country needs young and able leaders that can take our country out of this present state of hopelessness.”

“Most importantly, despite that the party has zoned the presidency to the North, no one has come out in this manner to show interest.”

“Our party should not wait or beg anyone to fly its flag.”

“Do we now say that if no one comes out from the North, the party won’t have a candidate?” “Going down memory lane, in 1999 and 2003,despite that our party zoned the presidency to the South, Rimi and Gemade contested the ticket.”

“Also in 2007, some party members from the South did declare their intention to contest interest and obtained nomination Forms.”

“Our party must not lose sight that Nigerians at this period are desirous of a President with demonstrated capacity to change their fortunes”

“Our party must not lose sight that Nigerians at this period are desirous of a President with demonstrated capacity to change their fortunes.”

“Twice, I defeated incumbents to become the Governor of Ekiti State. I am confident that with your support as my party leaders and supporters, I will defeat President Buhari, in a free and fair election.” He posited

https://www.nigeriancablenews.com/politics/tell-villa-hawks-last-year-used-dss-failed-fayose/
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by Ebulonse(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
Carry go.......!!

U don win sef.
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by jumper524(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
I knew your downfall is close that's why god gave u d urge to contest for president.
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by NigerDeltan(m): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
Useless President
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by yarimo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
When your tenure ends next year as governor you will no if they will succeed. Nonsense talk from the worst governor since ekiti state was created undecided embarassed
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by Blackfire(m): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice but dangerous move
Re: Tell The Villa Hawks That Last Year They Used DSS, It Failed – Fayose by DrChukzy(m): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
Fayose Peter... The Rock himself.

(1) (Reply)

Allah Please Dont Let Ipob Break Up Nigeria-buhari Pray / List Of Minimum Wages By Countries Of The World / Tony Nwoye Of APC Accepted Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.