Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,009 members, 7,956,747 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

This Will Happen If North Korea Decided To Test NUKE On Sambisa Forest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This Will Happen If North Korea Decided To Test NUKE On Sambisa Forest (566 Views)

China Secretly Tested 2 Hypersonic Nuke Missiles That Defied The Laws Of Physics / China Flies 19 Nuke Bombers and Fighter Jets Into Taiwan Air Space (Pix) / China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Will Happen If North Korea Decided To Test NUKE On Sambisa Forest by GoodMuyis(m): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
Imagine that North Korea had test its last 150-kiloton nuclear bomb in Sambisa Forest.

To help the world understand what might happen if a nuclear weapon exploded in a city near you, Wellerstein created an interactive browser app called Nukemap.

To illustrate that reality, Nukemap lets you build a hypothetical nuclear bomb and drop it anywhere on Earth. The software uses declassified equations and models about nuclear weapons and their effects — fireball size, air-blast radius, radiation zones, and more — to crunch the numbers, then renders the results as graphics inside Google Maps.

In my test I decide to pick the 150 kiloton North Korean Nuke Bomb tested in 2017.

The result shows 340 Estimated fatalities and 2,220 Estimated injuries, and possibility of 7,286 people at the psi range (Pollutant Standards Index).

See Photo Details Below
Effects radii for 150 kiloton airburst* (smallest to largest):

Fireball radius: 450 m (0.64 km²)
In the area closest to the bomb’s detonation site, searing flames incinerate most buildings, objects, and people.

Radiation radius (500 rem): 1 km (3.17 km²)
A nuclear bomb’s gamma and other radiation are so intense in this zone that 50% or more of people die within “several hours to several weeks,” according to Nukemap.

Air blast radius (5 psi): 3.74 km (43.8 km²)
This shows a blast area of 5 pounds per square inch, which is powerful enough to collapse most residential buildings and rupture eardrums. “[I]njuries are universal, fatalities are widespread.”

Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns): 5.26 km (86.9 km²)
This region is flooded with skin-scorching ultraviolet light, burning anyone within view of the blast. “Third degree burns extend throughout the layers of skin, and are often painless because they destroy the pain nerves. They can cause severe scarring or disablement, and can require amputation.”

You can create your own nuclear blast scenario and explore Nukemap 2.5’s options at nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap.

Disclaimer: This post is for the fun of the NukeMap, Enjoy your own scenario on part of earth

Re: This Will Happen If North Korea Decided To Test NUKE On Sambisa Forest by sonofthunder: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
lalasticlala somebody wants to kill all your snakes in sambisa, you better come and rescue them.
Re: This Will Happen If North Korea Decided To Test NUKE On Sambisa Forest by ultron12345: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Trump Wishes His Enemies & Haters ‘happy And Healthy’ New Year / I Will Not Resign, I Am Being Victimised – Jacob Zuma / Breaking: Fmr SA President Jacob Zuma's vehicles worth $300million dollars..Vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.