Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB (707 Views)

Osita Chidoka Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu: Tells IPOB To Apologize / 'Boycott 2019 Election' - Nnamdi Kanu Tells IPOB In New Year Speech (Audio) / "Form A Political Party And Push Your Agenda" - APC Tells IPOB, MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by engineerboat(m): 12:31am On Sep 30, 2017
THE Defence Headquarters, Friday, declared that it does not know the whereabouts of leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu.

Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu This came as it asked citizens not to panic over hitherto October 1st deadline given the Ibos by a group of Northern youths to vacate the region, saying the threat was no longer effective.

The DHQ which said contrary to some reports,it did not raid the IPOB leader’s home, said it was not the place of the military to declare Kanu wanted.

The DHQ equally explained that it was constrained to move a special military operations against the dreaded herdsmen because they were neither visible nor carry out their activities under an open or known group.

Director of Defence Information, Major General John Enenche, who addressed the media at the Defence Headquarters, denied that Nnamdi Kanu was in military custody.

” Nnamdi Kanu is not in the custody of the military,”he declared. On whether the military would declare Kanu wanted since his whereabouts is unknown, Enenche said:”It is not the responsibility of the military to declare Nnamdi Kanu wanted.” Enenche also said contrary to reports in some quarters, the military did not proscribed IPOB, just as he said due process was followed in the group’s proscription. “The military did not proscribe IPOB. Due process was followed to proscribe it.

The job of the military was to diagnose security issues and warned the public of consequences and that is part of our media operations. “We did our media operations very well, otherwise that weekend would have been the longest weekend in this country and we are also very careful choosing our words and we know the law very well, “he added. He also denied that the military troops on Operation Python Dance raided Kanu’s home.

Hear him:” Nobody raided Kanu’s home and I stand to be justified, not from the information I got. I was watching it live, I was monitoring it live and also speaking with them on the ground. “The people that came out there that I saw were the Biafra security service and Biafra National Guard. ”

I think I later confirmed that there was nothing to actually justify them legally to mount roadblocks. I saw the militancy, nobody told me and I saw the action there. We are still investigating.” He spoke on the post military operations in the South East thus:”For the past couple of days since the operation started, the feedback I have been getting from that place is that yes, they are happy.

“Some of them were actually afraid even before the operation started not from our troops but from the people that we actually getting them fighting, people that are actually intimidating them. But now, they have a lot of relief. “We have our sources of information as information outfits of the armed forces. We also get information from the general public using our own sources as a form of checks and balances.” Enenche said the country was not militarized contrary to the position of some people. “Other countries passed through this, if you go into history, before getting to where they are as developed countries today. “Like in China, you see one policeman inside a car, you hardly see a military man outside and it depends on the developmental process and what you passed through.

“That’s why in simple terms, I will tell you that we are not alarmed at all. “For example, the last terrorist attack in the UK, 24 hours after the attack, the government asked the military to take over the area. ” If the UK government can tell the military to take over, to back up the Police, I think we are just about 100 years old of amalgamation and we about 57 years old, it’s not out of place, “he stressed. He expressed disappointment over the position of some legal practitioners on military involvement in the IPOD issue just as h said some of them got it right in his assessment of various contributions to the issue.

“Of course, there will be competing demands on who is to do what by the military, the executive, the legislature they are all arms of the government and they all have responsibilities,”he said.

”The statement that came through me is not at par at all with what the Chief of Army Staff came out to clarify. People had mindset and they were In a hurry to attack the military because of their mindset and because of that it is a pity to say that somehow some people lost their reputation,”he clarified. He said the various operations and exercises under the Defence Headquarters were being sustained in the North East, North West, North Central, South West, South South and South Eastern parts of Nigeria. He also said troops of Operation RESTORE DEMOCRACY in the Gambia have been rotated. ”The contingent earned the operational medal, due to their outstanding performance. A new set has been inducted into the mission (ECOMIG).

The Defence Headquarters, according to Enenche,” reaffirmed the unalloyed loyalty of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari.” It also reaffirmed “total subordination of the Nigerian Military to constituted civil authorities,complete dedication of the military to its constitutional roles as well as dedication of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to the protection of lives and property of all peace loving people where ever they live in Nigeria.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/nnamdi-kanu-not-custody-military-dhq-tells-ipob/

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by months: 12:32am On Sep 30, 2017
The Nigeria army were on the scene.

After the siege dead bodies recovered from Kanu house, with others taken away by the army, including Kanu and his parents.

Now, if Buahri can do the crime, then he should be brave enough to accept responsibility.

Even a terrorist organisation like Boko Haram, accept responsibility.

It does not matter if Buhari want to deny, there are evidence and instances that hangs Nnamdi Kanu and his family disappearance right around Buhari neck.

Thus, matters have now gone beyond national confines and it is now a matter for the international community and international law.

Not only have Nigeria government disobeyed court orders, they have proceeded to murder a defendant even while his trial was pending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gDvrXIESQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjvVLnAGPe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNFDSdCvuAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhFR5MRMx2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=___-t8QCA3g

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by Saaruman(m): 12:38am On Sep 30, 2017
Watch out! Something is about to happen to zoo govt under vegetable come October.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by Yyeske(m): 12:44am On Sep 30, 2017
IPOB terrorists must produce that cowardly fugitive Nnamdi kanu, Abaribe should take note before he lands himself and other sureties in jail.
The fugitive ran away because radio Biafra announced the arrival of the soldiers coming for him hours before they arrived Umuahia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by Yyeske(m): 12:56am On Sep 30, 2017
I didn't see Nnamdi kanu's corpse or those of his family members in the videos posted by one....... so I ask again, where is IPOB terrorists hiding their chief swine

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by thinkdip(m): 1:00am On Sep 30, 2017
You will all know that IPOB has gotten a stand, Buhari has made another mistake.
First was Arresting Nnamdi Kanu, and he didn't learn.
Second is invading the east with his pigs.

November is the day.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by okosodo: 1:10am On Sep 30, 2017
The truth is that the army will pay for the way they are treating southerners someday
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by whitebeard(m): 1:15am On Sep 30, 2017
okosodo:
The truth is that the army will pay for the way they are treating southerners someday
what u said is pointless.. I don't see it any future that the army would pay..think well before u post...!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by Blue3k(m): 1:28am On Sep 30, 2017
Yyeske:
I didn't see Nnamdi kanu's corpse or those of his family members in the videos posted by one....... so I ask again, where is IPOB terrorists hiding their chief swine

Yup I don't believe he's dead, captured or escaped. There's no evidence or motive for millitary to bother. They say his parents are dead aswell. Yes a chief dead without the village, media or state government addressing that. I hope hid lawyer has better proof than these cyber detectives. His sureties will owe a lot of money.

Ps: Kanu has 2 trials in October. Dates are 15th and 17th.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by dexterinc2003: 1:38am On Sep 30, 2017
Stages of IPOB GRIEF.

1. CHEST BEATING

"Go and tell Buhari that I am in Aba, and any person who comes here to arrest me in Biafra land will die here.I will never go on exile.
I assure you...

-Nnamdi Kanu Aug 27, 2017

Real2020:

If he is assassinated which the enemy knows will be a suicide mission, otherwise they would have done it under DSS custody or prison, it will be the end of Nigeria , and Britain knows this....Why they are treading carefully. Even Yorubaa will not be spared minus Fayose and Fani Kayode .

2. DENIAL

SwiftME:
How daft can you people be? If you think him(Kanu) been hidden is his decision, then it speaks volume of the backwardness of this country.

If he survived hardship in KUJE prison for over 2 years, why would he fear for his life??

The Nigeria media is as desperate as the Government... Trying to push him to show his face but, the game has changed, his absence, silence and indecision is becoming more frustrating than ever. What could he be planning??

franudi:
Abaribe is very correct. IPOB is not a terrorist organization.

3. ANGER

luvinhubby:
Buhari is the most irresponsible and perverted man to ever rule this country Nigeria.

Adiola:
buruntai is an idiot a low lifer and a vagabond buhari is even a bigger fool, illiterate and alittle lower than animal useless man at 74

4. BARGAINING

excanny:

Except Binta Nyarko is insane, I see no reason why she shouldnt strike out that case in October when some senseless gun wielding shitheads have taken laws into their hands and murdered a man who is supposed to be in court.

5. DEPRESSION

excanny:

Buratai should produce Kanu where he is being held or buried.

6. ACCEPTANCE

okosodo:

Homeboiy:
He who fights and run away lives to fight another day

gra gra no be the solution

even tompolo hide

He will be back with full force

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 2:35am On Sep 30, 2017
Na wa o

In as much as I don’t like the way Buhari is handling this Biafra issue,I just can’t stop laughing at how the tone of the conversation have changed drastically

Few weeks ago,the e-rats on NL won’t let us rest bombarding every thread and chest beating about,even the Kanu guy was walking around like a mini God or something..now he’s gone mute/missing and the e-rats are quietly murmuring under their duvets at night grin

Either ways,violence is never the answer
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not In Custody Of Military, DHQ Tells IPOB by MediumStout(m): 2:53am On Sep 30, 2017
God punish all biafrans. One Nigeria for life

(1) (Reply)

How Governor Fayose Kill Scores In EKITI By Lere Olayinka / Police Abducts Social Media Critic On Orders Of Gov. Ben Ayade / Nigerian Students Fed With 50 Naira Bread Divided Into Four. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.