Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (27215 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Patrick Obahiagbon Praises Zahra Buhari On Twitter / Why I Speak Big Grammar..........hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by tallgal(f): 10:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
Erm, me no speakey forum, which one be *death*?
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by abadaba(m): 12:12am On Mar 10, 2010
« #118 on: Yesterday at 11:24:52 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE FROM DEDE1 TODAY.
It is very unfortunate that Nigeria has grown into stupidity with knack to demonstrate infinitely. I could not believe reading odious and impetuous analogy of Biafra and Germany from the ongoing discourse. People tend to gravitate to all time low trying to absolve themselves or their forbearers from delusional acts by indulging in arrant prevarication.

Biafra never enjoyed a minute of peaceful existence as a sovereign nation and yet someone audaciously decided to generate loathsome comparison that pitched Biafra against Germany that had risen to the apex of imperial power.

The discussions should center on the issue Chief Joe Achuzie raised in his alleged interview that Biafra was not actually defeated.
Dede1 is surely up there with Patrick and Kosovo and to some extent Jakumo.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Ndipe(m): 3:15am On Mar 10, 2010
oyb:

dede i no sabi grammer jo   cheesy - i remember one fine  thread where i had so much fun making fun of his english gaffes - that thread was the genesis of debosky's sig - the man who invented grammer

which thread is that? Debosky would be a contender among the candidates that speak big english on board. Ultimately, Jakumo might emerge the winner.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ceasyc(f): 4:49am On Mar 11, 2010
@topic he's flipping hilarious!
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by SweetT1: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2010
Nigeria indeed is a shameless country. Does anybody have the picture of this buffoon? A village headmaster in Abuja.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by knotty(m): 8:54am On Mar 11, 2010
The first rule in communication is keeping it simple.

This dummkopf is just being an obscurantist, an obfuscator who is high wheeling in sophism seeking to electrify his befuddled audience but ending up emasculating and eviscerating them.

I have taken time to dissect, trisect, multisect and even inspect the man`s English. My nitpicking efforts show that he uses non-English words as though they were. Charlatans like this should be sent to Al Keddah to write memos for them.

But give it to him, he has passion. He speaks with fervor, vim and vibrancy.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by MrCrackles(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2010
Obahiagbon can you come and get the moderator on the politics forum please?!
He needs to be warned that no matter where he takes the dictionary to with him, he can never be like you. . .
Kosovo, drop that dictionary now. . . grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jakumo(m): 9:14am On Mar 11, 2010
To all who claim that the Honorable Grammar Master is failing to communicate, remember that HUMOR has the power to hold the attention of listeners who might otherwise fall asleep during legislative debates, and with fewer government officials caught snoring on camera, a re-assuring impression can be created that elected officials are living up to the expectations of the electorate.

In this regard, the Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon is a man ahead of his time, as well as one of Nigeria's most influential public figures, who can either be loved or loathed, but NEVER ignored.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 9:31am On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

In this regard, the Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon is a man ahead of his time, as well as one of Nigeria's most influential public figures, who can either be loved or loathed, but NEVER ignored.

Thank you.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by SapeleGuy: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2010
The irony of this matter is that most of the critics here can't even name their own house of rep member talkless of identifying their contribution to national debates.

Ask you elected representative how they have fought for you, lately. Obahiagbon talks for the common man or woman wherever they are in Nigeria.

The political landscape is richer for colourful characters like Obahiagbon.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by chrisical(m): 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2010
fishaboi:

i just pity the people he's supposed to be representing.
what a waste of legislative space and resources.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
He bought dictionaries for all of them. grin grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by deb(m): 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
I like this guy so much,and he is my best National Assembly member he also speaks the truth

Are you actually referring to the same hypocritical Vagabond, a dis-honorable man being called Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon whom I watched saying all manner of negative things about Yar'adua and why he should be impeached, only for him to make a 100% U-turn on d same spot after the speaker of the house called him aside and whispered something into his ears? You are joking because the man as far as am concerned is a joke and a disgrace to be among those making laws in Nigeria.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by oderemo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2010
You are joking because the man as far as am concerned is a joke and a disgrace to be among those making laws in Nigeria.

that gizza is a joke. pure and microcosm simple. cool cool cool grin grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
deb:

Are you actually referring to the same hypocritical Vagabond, a dis-honorable man being called Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon whom I watched saying all manner of negative things about Yar'adua and why he should be impeached, only for him to make a 100% U-turn on d same spot after the speaker of the house called him aside and whispered something into his ears? You are joking because the man as far as am concerned is a joke and a disgrace to be among those making laws in Nigeria.

And when Bankole whispered into his ears, what did you ear him say? abeg tell us because me no get TV oo and i no dey hear English language again oo.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by doyin13(m): 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2010
deb:

he did not make a u-turn. He said he would defer to the chair and discontinue his speech.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ElRazur: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

To all who claim that the Honorable Grammar Master is failing to communicate, remember that HUMOR has the power to hold the attention of listeners who might otherwise fall asleep during legislative debates, and with fewer government officials caught snoring on camera, a re-assuring impression can be created that elected officials are living up to the expectations of the electorate.

I suppose Kosovo posts "communicates to you then?" If so, you must be one of the few specials ones and the majority are just thick in the head.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jakumo(m): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
If you read the post you quoted above, ElRazor, you will note that I was speaking specifically about Patrick Obahiagbon, and made no reference to Kosovo's writing, much of which is also obviously written in jest, by the way.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2010
doyin13:

he did not make a u-turn. He said he would defer to the chair and discontinue his speech.

You dey mind am? him think say na only him get TV for house angry angry angry
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by kosovo(m): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
ElRazur:

I suppose Kosovo posts "communicates to you then?" If so, you must be one of the few specials ones and the majority are just thick in the head.
  what do mean? that i have been talking balderdash?
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ElRazur: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo, I did. I merely used the same logic you presented to ask you a question.  smiley
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ElRazur: 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2010
kosovo:

what do mean? that i have been talking balderdash?

Oh phcuk off. You suck at basic English, let alone humour. Die and quench or something.

Now, that is funny. grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jakumo(m): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2010
I guess my rules are a bit more lax than most, El Razur.    If a speaker misuses the English language, but manages to make me laugh like a loony with hilarious speeches, then I will always tune in to hear the next outrage.

When Grammar Master Obahiagbon speaks, I ALWAYS listen, since laughter is good for the soul.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ElRazur: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

I guess my rules are a bit more lax than most, El Razur.    If a speaker misuses the English language, but manages to make me laugh like a loony with hilarious speeches, then I will always tune in to hear the next outrage.

When Grammar Master Obahiagbon speaks, I ALWAYS listen, since laughter is good for the soul.

I hear you. I wonder if you will want him to debate a topic that requires urgent push through for law making? [Assuming]
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by OREAWADOO: 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
Igogomigodo for president 2011
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 4:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
ElRazur:

I hear you. I wonder if you will want him to debate a topic that requires urgent push through for law making? [Assuming]

Like when his neighbor's house is on fire and he's the only one available to call the fire fighters? grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jakumo(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2010
ElRazur:

On the contrary, Obahiagbon would be the perfect speaker to perpetuate an indefinite filibuster, should the need arise to PREVENT the passage of undesirable legislature by wasting time with rambling speeches.

US lawmakers embarking on filibusters in congress have been known to read from the dictionary as a ploy to waste time and prevent contentious bills from being seriously debated or passed.  Obahiagbon goes one better - he IS the dictionary, of both English and Latin, and he WILL fire countless stray shots that are more than enough to confound all disgruntled elements, because the Grammar Master lives by these immortal words :  If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit .
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by OREAWADOO: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2010
come guys let have a laugh

Patrick is a nice guy
He makes my day anytime

He is not a CLOWN  as some suppose
But at least see the funny side

grin
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ElRazur: 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo. He isn't one the people you are talking about bore the house with long boring speeches. Also this is Nigeria and not US.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Jakumo(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2010
Nigeria certainly is not the United States, El Razor, BUT, Nigeria does CLAIM to practice a variant of democracy inspired by the American model, complete with a few colorfull characters to break the monotony of governmental debate , or to create monotony, as the situation and expediency dictates.
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by kosovo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 11, 2010
ElRazur:

Oh phcuk off. You suck at basic English, let alone humour. Die and quench or something.

Now, that is funny. grin

Thats the Dumbest thing i have heard in 12 hours, OUCH!
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by ElRazur: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2010
Jakumo:

Nigeria certainly is not the United States, El Razor, BUT, Nigeria does CLAIM to practice a variant of democracy inspired by the American model, complete with a few colorfull characters to break the monotony of governmental debate , or to create monotony, as the situation and expediency dictates.

True. wink
Re: Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 12, 2010
redsun:

And people are surpise why nigeria state is a joke when you have clowns like this in the senate talking absolute rubbis-h.Not even the real edwadian english were that silly with vocabs.

OMG the irony in your overblown ego

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi / APC May Lose Senate Presidency To PDP - Thisday / Aba Stands Still On Ikpeazu's Arrival (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.