Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo (57485 Views)

Ibadan: Completed 7.3 Km Agodi Gate-old Ife Road-adegbayi Junction(pics) / Hilarious Warning Sign At A Zoo In Abeokuta (photo) / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Guyman02: 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
When you don't feed the animals why not release them into the jungle. Last time we sadly saw a Lion starve to death at Jos zoo.
Even the lions are fighting back against the 'zoo' according to NK

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Kennyideal(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
O ga gan oh embarassed
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by colossus91(m): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
can APC or Ajimobi get anything right?

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
The primordial impulse of domesticated feral animals. Takes thousands of years to breed that out.

Bro no vex nah

Even the lion is not comfortable with Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
Is there a lion at Agodi gardens? It is Agodi gardens not zoo.. may be they are talking UI zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by FLYFIRE(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
UNIZIK1stSon:

These kind of terrible headlines shouldn't appear on days like this. They call us 'Zoo' even though we are not.

You People have just given the IPOD yoots something to masturbate with.

We Nigerians are 'managing' to celebrate our 57th independence anniversary abeg.

Updated: RIP to the dead

REHEARSALS Ni......
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by GavelSlam: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
You've just got to read some of the posts on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by PETUK(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
moscobabs:
Lions have killed 2 people in Ibadan BTW 90s to date

RIP

Pastor Jah

And Mr Oyekunle
that's OK but who is Pastor Jah?

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Edgarated(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
...And I was there three days ago,Thank God for saving my life...RIP to the dead
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Darray(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
majekdom2:
Is there a lion at Agodi gardens? It is Agodi gardens not zoo.. may be they are talking UI zoo.

There is a zoo inside Agodi gardens.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by seangy4konji: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
na person weh chop beleful deh leave house go deh with lion...lion resemble atm machine weh go like withdraw from am?

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by femicyrus(m): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
[/quote][/b]
excanny:
why are people not learning from the past ? Wild animals can't be your friend ever, even if you spend 50 years together with them. The killer instinct will never go. A wild animal is a wild animal.
exactly my thought about fighting corruption in Nigeria
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by otokx(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
How can you have a good relationship with wild animals?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Deblow: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
So tragic! The killer instincts in these big cats never got obliterated even with 20 yrs of domestication. I have watched video footages of wild animals especially lions maul down their keepers of many yrs in circus shows! The impulse is momentary and the beast in them comes to the fore and takes the better of them
I guess that Agodi park isn't properly equipped to handle such emergencies. In saner climes, high-pressure water jets are used first on the animals and if this fails, the animal is summarily shot and killed!
R.I.P to the dead !

6 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by JaffyJoe(m): 2:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
The primordial impulse of domesticated feral animals. Takes thousands of years to breed that out.

Tan ni oyinbo ofo. Ogbeni you didn't communicate undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by adeoba2008(m): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
MasterKim:

Bros wetin apun na

What are you saying ? Must you blow grammar ?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by riseabovehate: 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
scoty2910:
Oyo Govt Closes Agodi Zoo

The Oyo State Government has announced the immediate closure of Agodi Zoo.

The government said this decision is based on the report received from the company managing the Zoo, AM & C, that one of the lions at the Zoo had accidentally attacked one of the attendants, Mr. Hamzat Oyekunle popularly known as Baba Olorunwa, who later died from injuries sustained from the incident.

Meanwhile, the lions have been evacuated pending further investigations.

The government decision was contained in a statement at the weekend by the Executive Secretary, Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP), Mr. Yinka Fatoki who expressed shock at the unfortunate incident.

He said that the incident is particularly surprising and sad as the said Mr. Oyekunle had fed the lion for over five years and was known to have had a very good relationship with all the animals in the zoo.

Meanwhile, government representatives have visited the family to commiserate with them over the demise of Mr. Oyekunle.

--

'Toye Arulogun
Hon Commissioner,
Min.of Info., Culture & Tourism,
Oyo State Government
Cordial relationship with animals for where.
RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
scoty2910:

The government decision was contained in a statement at the weekend by the Executive Secretary expressed shock at the unfortunate incident.

He said that the incident is particularly surprising and sad as the said Mr. Oyekunle had fed the lion for over five years and was known to have had a very good relationship with all the animals in the zoo.

And we wonder why there is no emergency plans.... nor will be any emergency plans or safety measures to be taken. The man had a good relationship with all the animals..... wild animals. The lions were evacuated....to where?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Darray:

There is a zoo inside Agodi gardens.
is there a lion at the zoo? I am not sure
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by DabuIIIT: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
Rip man.. Killed by a lion in nigeria?! Only buhari can do that.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by natznext(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Beasts will forever be beasts

Was at the UI zoological garden about two years ago, when suddenly a lion sprang up from no where and snatched a goat through the Bars from one of the keepers handling the goats by the corridor, it was sooo swift like I was watching Tarzan, every one of us that was outside ran further away, the claws was so sharp that it cut through the rope tied to the goats neck with ease... he couldn't finish the move because the goat couldn't go through the inner iron bar, yet the goat was barely alive when it released its grip after several banging and hitting the Lions arm.

I can't ever go near a cub

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Skmoda360(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
bros, hope all is well?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by wunmi590(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
sleek82:
i doubt if anybody will go there after such incidence.....closing it and re-opening later might boost people's safety confidence!

You are right tho.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Dearlord(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
The management are useless.
How can they deploy an old man to take care of the zoo with a lion. We are fund of acquiring cheap service.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by hisroyalrealnes(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
easy Bros.. .easy....breathe in...... Breathe out... ...now come again...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by leroi01(m): 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
Maaan....How does a lion "Accidentally" attack? OP...makagini?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by GetMeRight: 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
dingbang:
When u have untrained staff, this is the result..
Or, weakened facilities?
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Kokaine(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Narldon:

The Lion was starving.. Zero Chill

if na me i go start to throw stones inside that cage make the lion wake up! after all i dont like what i hate
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by tripoli007(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
I guess the man was an IPOB member thats why the lion king descended on him .. Nnamdi KANU should be held responsible for this act of terrorism .. cheesy grin cheesy cry
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by GetMeRight: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
UNIZIK1stSon:

These kind of terrible headlines shouldn't appear on days like this. [b]They call us 'Zoo' [/b]even though we are not.

You People have just given the IPOD yoots something to masturbate with.

We Nigerians are 'managing' to celebrate our 57th independence anniversary abeg.

Updated: RIP to the dead

They are also living in the Zoo now.
Re: Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo by Chartey(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
boostdom:
The fact that people on this thread don't understand this simple statement shows how bad our educational system is.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Official Crushed By A Moving Tanker While Chasing Bus Driver (graphic Pic) / Promise Me You Will Come Back - Nigerian Lady Cries At The Airport / See The African Passport AU Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.