Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways (1422 Views)

Why Fulani Herdsmen Kill - Ango Abdullahi Says / Ango Abdullahi Backs Quit Notice To Igbos Issued By Northern Youths / Ango Abdullahi Replies Emir Sanusi Over His Comments About The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Kazim88: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2017
Prominent northern voices and elder statesmen, have thrown their weights behind the agitated restructuring of the country, saying that, restructuring remains the best option for the country.

Spokesman of Northern Elders Forum, Professor Ango Abdullahi said, God didn’t create Nigeria, but Lord Lugard who made a great mistake, hence the need for the regions brought together by the colonial master to go their separate ways.

But the first civilian Governor of the old Kaduna State, Alhaji Abdulkadir Balarabe Musa says restructuring; particularly in the area of resource control will bring about a more viable federal system of government.

Abdullahi in a telephone interview said, Nigerians should waste no further time in correcting the mistake of Lord Lugard, by either going their separate ways or revive the defunct regional system of government.

According to him, “I have spoken extensively on this issue of restructuring and I gave reasons why Nigeria has failed. The elites have insisted, that Nigeria should work, which is why I am advocating that, the mistake Lugard made in 1914 should be revisited.

“Lugard made mistake by bringing us together and I don’t take it that God made this country, it was Lugard who made it. And now that we have agreed that he has made a mistake, we should correct it. Correcting it here means that, we should go to the structures he put together and go our separate ways, or at best, I support the position taken by the South West that, we should go to our former regions. That is my position.

“If we cannot work Nigeria for 100 years, we should do something else, and doing something else means that, we either go our separate ways or go back to a point where our leaders agreed for once that, Nigeria should gain independence, but original federal system. I also agree with the South West position that we should have our parliamentary system back.

“We should stop wasting time by organising constitutional conferences. Each time we organise constitutional conference, they will say there is nothing wrong with the provisions of our constitution, it is the people working it that are not implementing it properly. So, this shows that, it is the Nigeria political class and the elites that have failed. So, why don’t we stop now and retrace our steps and go back to 1960?

“If we go our separate ways, I believe the people in the West as they always argue will do like our father, Chief Awolowo did, people in the East will do like Zik did and people in the north will do the same that Sardauna left for us.

“It is because the political class are selfish that, they don’t want to hear these views. They don’t want to hear that Nigeria is divisible, which is nonsense.

You can’t say that Nigeria’s unity is non-negotiable, it is not true, because the President said recently that, Nigeria’s unity has been settled. It has not been settled. So, you cannot say Nigeria’s unity is non-negotiable,” he said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/ango-abdullahi-lets-go-separate-ways/amp/

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by nototribalist: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2017
Buhari the Oil drunk thief and his 40 thieves won't hear.

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by paiz: 10:06am On Oct 01, 2017
God bless you
Please demand for referedum

6 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2017
For this your remark, be expecting efcc anytime this week. This is just how we roll with any perceived enemy of CPA or M.R President.

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2017

You can’t say that Nigeria’s unity is non-negotiable, it is not true, because the President said recently that, Nigeria’s unity has been settled. It has not been settled. So, you cannot say Nigeria’s unity is non-negotiable,” he said.

grin grin

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by TheFreeOne: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2017
If we cannot work Nigeria for 100 years, we should do something else, and doing something else means that, we either go our separate ways or go back to a point where our leaders agreed for once that, Nigeria should gain independence, but original federal system. I also agree with the South West position that we should have our parliamentary system back.
Sensible talk.

It doesn't make sense to continually thread a path that is not working and until we restructure the country will only go around in circles till it gets to a breaking point where the centre will no longer hold.

Forceful coexistence is no longer fashionable/acceptable under any guise and the earlier unity beggars/parasites realize this the better.

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Kazim88: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2017
@fk001

Not everyone advocating for separation is an IPOB.

Only crooks and Political elites with their brain washed Zombies that is still clamouring for One Nigeria.

North with her land mass plus cheap labour would had been the richest geography in Nigeria plus the highest employer of labour but they keep chasing shadows...

Northern Youths that should had been engaged for economical engagement are currently been destroyed by hard drugs...

South West is just redundant hoping on oil rent...

Nigeria should wake up drop tribalism and nepotism and bigotry and do the needful.
We are already in international disgrace.... it's time for us to go our ways.

7 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by omenka(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2017
Absolutely true!

I personally don't fancy existing within the same country with some things anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Paperwhite(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2017
So Nigeria's unity is now negotiable right? So why is everybody in the core north opposing even the restructuring thing Guess these parasites have seen the futility of Lord Lugard.Hope Buhari will now listen.Zombies and unity beggar what say ya?
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2017
It is because the political class are selfish that, they don’t want to hear these views. They don’t want to hear that Nigeria is divisible, which is nonsense.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Omeokachie: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2017
Forked tongue.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Kazim88: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2017
Paperwhite:
So Nigeria's unity is now negotiable right? So why is everybody in the core north opposing even the restructuring thing Guess these parasites have seen the futility of Lord Lugard.Hope Buhari will now listen.Zombies and unity beggar what say ya?

Enough of those insult... You think South is richer than the North in any capacity whatsoever.

You think that you have oil today... oil that is soon be obsolete you are rich. wake up.

We all should go our separate ways but still respect and stay connected.

North need the Igbos, The Igbos still need what the North can produce...

With such partnership bound by respect North would be the new Dubai.

So enough of the insult... we should have out grown it by now.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by kp3tech(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2017
lalasticlala FTC

as much as I agree with Prof, Nigeria is far better off separated. Lord Laggard experiment is messed up.
But
Nigeria need some one, a geographical surgeon to separate us.

So many bad blood, So many insult, So many, So many deaths.
Litigation and counter litigation to the point of suing Buhari and Buratai for Genocide

So many protest all over the world against Nigeria.

Some political elite don't want Nigeria to move forward, They would block the division.

We need someone to reconcile and peacefully divide Nigeria.
I see no one on the horizon.

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by lovat(m): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2017
omenka:
Absolutely true!

I personally don't fancy existing within the same country with some things anymore.

Imagine you being in Benue with your governor. Oga keep quiet. You can sway for Africa. I've never seen such unstable fellow

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by istandfortruth: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2017
Everyone knows restructuring is in the best interest of the country yet the political class want to wish it away for selfish gains. Buhari keeps denying that it was a part of the APC promise. Well in fairness to him, he cancelled all promises made sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Paperwhite(m): 10:57am On Oct 01, 2017
[/b]"Prominent northern voices and elder statesmen, have thrown their weights behind the agitated restructuring of the country, saying that, restructuring remains the best option for the country.
Spokesman of Northern Elders Forum, Professor Ango Abdullahi said, God didn’t create Nigeria, but Lord Lugard who made a great mistake, hence the need for the regions brought together by the colonial master to go their separate ways."[b]
shocked grin grin grin cheesy So these parasites have seen the futility of their trying hard to hold on? So "One Nijeria" don tire una? Meanwhile the "presidency"via Femi Adeshina said-"Nigeria does not need restructuring but to put food on the table for the common man" grin grin grin.Kano and Kastina governors opposed restructuring while the emir of Kastina just said he'll use every drop of his blood to ensure one Nigeria.Why the discordant tunes?
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by fk001(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Kazim88:
@fk001

Not everyone advocating for separation is an IPOB.

Only crooks and Political elites with their brain washed Zombies that is still clamouring for One Nigeria.

North with her land mass plus cheap labour would had been the richest geography in Nigeria plus the highest employer of labour but they keep chasing shadows...

Northern Youths that should had been engaged for economical engagement are currently been destroyed by hard drugs...

South West is just redundant hoping on oil rent...

Nigeria should wake up drop tribalism and nepotism and bigotry and do the needful.
We are already in international disgrace.... it's time for us to go our ways.

Hmm I don't know what you guys want, Just last few month Arewa youth said they are done with one Nigeria, and they gave quit notice, with series of lobbying they withdrew the statement.

Now tell me who is the unity begger here

I believe in restructuring, but Nigeria unity is non negotiable, we will do anything for Nigeria to remain a sovereign state.

Just like Spain won't let Catalonia to leave, Iraq won't let Kurds to leave what makes you think Nigeria will allow Biafra to leave
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by abu12: 11:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Aguyi ironsi created all this backwardness to Nigeria, now nmadi KANU is doing another one
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2017
If Nigeria should separate where will buhari get money to foot his medical bill in London hospital?it is niger delta oil money that is use to foot his medical bills in London hospital.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2017
abu12:
Aguyi ironsi created all this backwardness to Nigeria, now nmadi KANU is doing another one
Fulani herdsman.

2 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Bede2u(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Sarrki u dey hear? this one no be patriot again o. Na parrot him don turn to last last.
What can we do?

1 Like

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by RZArecta(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2017
Python dance fall on Ango Abdulahi cool
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by nawtyme: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2017
Ango, walahi you are joking with buhari. I will give you 3 options of what will happen to you to choose from.

1) EFCC will find a Ghana must go bag of hard currency in your bedroom.

2) Python will choose to dance in your street.

3) Crocodile may smile with you and say hi

4) They will find out that you had N2,891 naira that you failed to declare as part of your asset when you were in public service.

5) Abobakus will begin to protest that you should be expelled from the northern elders forum which they are not part of.
So make the selection process quick and easy and I wish you all the best.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Kazim88: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
fk001:

Hmm I don't know what you guys want, Just last few month Arewa youth said they are done with one Nigeria, and they gave quit notice, with series of lobbying they withdrew the statement.

Now tell me who is the unity begger here

I believe in restructuring, but Nigeria unity is non negotiable, we will do anything for Nigeria to remain a sovereign state.

Just like Spain won't let Catalonia to leave, Iraq won't let Kurds to leave what makes you think Nigeria will allow Biafra to leave

Arewa youths ultimatum was madness. They have no authority to expel anybody.

They should have simply call for North separation from Nigeria... Anyways that case is still pending.

2ndly... Northern Nigeria don't have the atom capacity to hold Nigeria together...

With which strength.. is it with International support or with which finance... with which wisdom..

Your military strength, you people hope for is currently been destroyed by IPOB without shooting a bullet.... They are going from pillar to post lying... Buratai knows he would end up in jail for crime against humanity.

Buhari is not even safe....

UK government is currently demanding the whereabout of Kanu.

The North cannot hold Nigeria... They are Forces that are bigger than north that want Nigeria divided..

Nigeria is now technically fighting US to accept IPOB as terrorists group same as UK and EU...

IPOB is patiently scheming for war which the world would support tagged as self defence from state planned genocide..

fk001 You don't know the cost of keeping Nigeria 1 both peacefully or by violence. You guys can't afford it.

It is a trap, you guys should step back.

North is not Madrid.

3 Likes

Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by aolawale025: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
For the first time. I agree with Ango Abdullahi. Regionalism is the way forward to avoid a break up
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by petergriffin: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
He has nothing to lose
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by fk001(m): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
Kazim88:

Arewa youths ultimatum was madness. They have no authority to expel anybody.

They should have simply call for North separation from Nigeria... Anyways that case is still pending.

2ndly... Northern Nigeria don't have the atom capacity to hold Nigeria together...

With which strength.. is it with International support or with which finance... with which wisdom..

Your military strength, you people hope for is currently been destroyed by IPOB without shooting a bullet.... They are going from pillar to post lying... Buratai knows he would end up in jail for crime against humanity.

Buhari is not even safe....

UK government is currently demanding the whereabout of Kanu.

The North cannot hold Nigeria... They are Forces that are bigger than north that want Nigeria divided..

Nigeria is now technically fighting US to accept IPOB as terrorists group same as UK and EU...

IPOB is patiently scheming for war which the world would support tagged as self defence from state planned genocide..

fk001 You don't know the cost of keeping Nigeria 1 both peacefully or by violence. You guys can't afford it.

It is a trap, you guys should step back.

North is not Madrid.

And who told you that only Northerners own Nigeria? You keep on mentioning north this north that,

Nigeria is for all, where you come from doesn't matter.

Yoruba doesn't support referendum in anyway they are only after restructuring it is only few Igbo's that are clamoring for separation.

Had been the south west were also agitating for separation then there is no choice left than all of us to go our separate ways, but as of now it is two region against one.

You have to deal with it and move on.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Kazim88: 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
fk001:

And who told you that only Northerners own Nigeria?

Nigeria is for all, where you come from doesn't matter.

Yoruba doesn't support referendum in anyway they are only after restructuring it is only few Igbo's that are clamoring for separation.

Had been the south west were also agitating for separation then there is no choice left than all of us to go our separate ways, but as of now it is two region against one.

You have to deal with it and move on.

I don't

Am telling you now, believe me.. its entirely between North vs Biafra..

Some people were shocked during Army attack on S'East, Some miscreants were looking for Northerners to arm in Aba...

If not for timely call for restrictions and Arewa Youths call against reprisal it would had sink this country.

Yoruba want restructuring, but they are not ready to fight for it or for one Nigeria.

Old S'East want Biafra.. and they are ready to fight for it tooth and nail... They are 100% willing to destroy this country... Imagine suing Buhari to ICC...

They are ready to risk any attack in the North and S'East

Never bank on Yoruba politicians, they would betray you when you expect them to support you.

North should step back... they are heading straight into a trap... Buhari hate for Igbos would destroy the North...
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
Kazim88:

Some people were shocked during Army attack on S'East, Some miscreants were looking for Northerners to arm in Aba...

If not for timely call for restrictions and Arewa Youths call against reprisal it would had sink this country.

Yoruba want restructuring, but they are not ready to fight for it or for one Nigeria.

Old S'East want Biafra.. and they are ready to fight for it tooth and nail... They are 100% willing to destroy this country... Imagine suing Buhari to ICC...

Never bank on Yoruba politicians, they would betray you when you expect them to support you.

North should step back... they are heading straight into a trap... Buhari hate for Igbos would destroy the North...

You are a visionary. Salute.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by fk001(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Kazim88:

What are you saying? as i told you only few Igbo miscreants are hell bend on biafran issue, majority of Igbo's are not in support of it.

Buhari action will destroy north? let him destroy it, shebi it is our north?

Referendum will never take place without the consent of at least ⅓ of our politicians or Business moguls, and the last time i checked there is no politicians or Business men in that region that are supporting the agitation. No one is willing to sacrifice his seat or Business opportunities.

The poor frustrated gullible ipob miscreant are left on their own, if i were them i will do something tangible with my life Nigeria is a rich country with great opportunities.
Re: Ango Abdullahi: We Would Be Better Off If We Go Our Separate Ways by Oksman(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
lovat:
Imagine you being in Benue with your governor. Oga keep quiet. You can sway for Africa. I've never seen such unstable fellow

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

FINALLY Kachikwu And Baru Meet, Discuss Future Of Petroleum Industry / Funeral Prayer On Late Hajiya Yelwa Danjuma Goje (photos) / The Great Man-made River Of Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.